Target Ad 10/07 - 10/13/12

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Target Ad 10/07 - 10/13/12

Old 10-11-12, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Target Ad 10/07 - 10/13/12

Originally Posted by adrenaline78
Checked my store. None of the 3D version either.
I went to 5 Targets yesterday. Found ONE store that had 6 of them, but they were spider-strapped VERY tightly, most likely damaging the book inside. So I passed...
Old 10-11-12, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by E_v_i_l
There isn't a perfect solution. If they put the products out without the spider wraps or plastic coffins, some are going to be stolen. I was in Walmart the other day and came across three DVDs in the electronics sections that had clearly been opened and had their discs removed. If the DVDs had been in the plastic coffins, they likely wouldn't have been stolen.

On the other hand, if they damage the cases with the anti-theft devices, they're going to lose some sales. But other people won't care about minor damage and will buy the products anyway.

So, I think they see theft as a more expensive problem than losing some sales because of damage to the slip or case. And customers are constantly dropping, denting, and tearing product anyhow. How many times have you come across a damaged DVD or blu that had never been in contact with a security device?
Good points. However, they really should be using the plastic coffins on anything which fits in them, and not use the spider-straps unless they absolutely have to. I find damaged product all the time due to the spider-straps, when they would have easily fit in the plastic coffins...

They also need better Security cameras, if people are getting away with opening stuff up and stealing it in the store...
Old 10-11-12, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I went to 5 Targets yesterday. Found ONE store that had 6 of them, but they were spider-strapped VERY tightly, most likely damaging the book inside. So I passed...
I was back in my local Target today and noticed they had 2 copies of the 3D exclusive left. Both spider wrapped so tight the outer packaging was damaged.