Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

DMR Cinderella $5 Coupon for 3-Disc Set

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-12, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: DMR Cinderella $5 Coupon for 3-Disc Set

If you're a mPerks member at Meijer, you can get the 2-disc for $1.99 or the 3-disc for $4.99.

Here's how:

2-disc is $26.99 and the 3-disc is $29.99
-$20 mPerks coupon for general merchandise (good through 10/6)
-$5 DMR coupon

$1.99 or $4.99 after coupon. I got the 3-disc for $1.99 because the employees put a $26.99 price sticker on all the 3-disc copies. The employee that rang me up in electronics had no problem giving me the lower price after I pointed that out to him.
Old 10-07-12, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

anyone have a pdf or no where I can get a quick copy of the coupon? Having trouble having to install that fucking coupon installer. Dont know why they want us to use that shit..
Old 10-07-12, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Ravenous
anyone have a pdf or no where I can get a quick copy of the coupon? Having trouble having to install that fucking coupon installer. Dont know why they want us to use that shit..
Because it's a one time use coupon, just like every other time they release these things. That's why PDFs and copies are stealing.
Old 10-07-12, 01:59 PM

Shitty! No wonder google is turning up nothing. I dont see how its stealing if one coupon is used on an item. If someone buys 5 copies with 5 coupons, how is that bad? lol
Old 10-07-12, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Because it is a manufacturer's coupon with a unique code for each coupon. So if all of a sudden retailers try to redeem 100 copies of the same coupon, they won't get reimbursed. So they're out the $5 because of whoever used the coupons.
Old 10-07-12, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

I had to download Mozilla Firefox to get the coupon to download.Trying through Maxthon browser would not work.

I'm going to try to use my 2nd DMR account to get one more coupon today.
Old 10-07-12, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That coupon.com system has some quirks, but as long as you have your printer directly hooked up (not networked) to your computer, and make sure the printer is turned on, it seems to work okay. I've gotten it to work with IE and Firefox on a PC.
Old 10-07-12, 07:34 PM

I couldnt get it no matter what and my computer is too slow. Instead I spent 5 mins calling a local store, they have a copy of the blu (used) for $15.99. Ill just take that as its not even a week so cant be that used. More than likely its stolen goods
Old 10-07-12, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 752 Likes on 371 Posts

I couldnt get it no matter what and my computer is too slow. Instead I spent 5 mins calling a local store, they have a copy of the blu (used) for $15.99. Ill just take that as its not even a week so cant be that used. More than likely its stolen goods
It's Sunday anyway and all the good sales are over. If you bought it today with a coupon, you'd probalby still pay more than people who bought it yesterday without a coupon.
Old 10-08-12, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by zekeburger1979
If you're a mPerks member at Meijer, you can get the 2-disc for $1.99 or the 3-disc for $4.99.

Here's how:

2-disc is $26.99 and the 3-disc is $29.99
-$20 mPerks coupon for general merchandise (good through 10/6)
-$5 DMR coupon

$1.99 or $4.99 after coupon. I got the 3-disc for $1.99 because the employees put a $26.99 price sticker on all the 3-disc copies. The employee that rang me up in electronics had no problem giving me the lower price after I pointed that out to him.
I assume that coupon is already gone (I know the Cinderella price is probably gone). I didn't see it. I do remember seeing an ad for those coupons, but I was pretty sure they were based on how much you spent. You were able to use the $20 off by just spending $29.99? That doesn't seem right. If so, I wish I knew about it.
Old 10-08-12, 08:14 AM

Got it at TRUS - if you buy two select disney you get an extra $8 off both. GOt the two disk version. So was able to get $24.99 - $10 (pre-order) - $5 (Disney coupon) - $4 for $5.99. plus a free clock ...made my day!!
Old 10-09-12, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by obidawsn
I assume that coupon is already gone (I know the Cinderella price is probably gone). I didn't see it. I do remember seeing an ad for those coupons, but I was pretty sure they were based on how much you spent. You were able to use the $20 off by just spending $29.99? That doesn't seem right. If so, I wish I knew about it.
The coupon was only good through last Saturday. I saw it early last week and forgot to digitally clip it until Saturday just before I went to the store. I didn't see any minimum purchase needed to use it unlike their other coupon (5 off $50, $10 off 100, and $15 off 150), so I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to use it on Cinderella. Plus I got a free doll for buying it, so I got that for my friend's two year old daughter.
Old 10-09-12, 03:59 PM

On a side note, doesnt this release seem skimpy on the bonus features? I have the Platinum DVD and it has alot more than this bare bones release
Old 10-09-12, 04:07 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Well, most of the DVD features from the Platinum release are ported over. I thought that was a good amount. In terms of new stuff, there isn't a lot, but I don't know what more they could have added. Definitely not bare bones though.
Old 10-09-12, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 408 Likes on 308 Posts

My wife picked up the DVD packaging version by mistake. I went to exchange it and TRU said no because its after the sale date and not the same item. The manager claimed that Disney only made one Blu Ray version and it was the 3 disc.

He was like "I can exchange it but it'll cost you an extra $10."
Old 10-10-12, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 752 Likes on 371 Posts

^Toys R Us generally doesn't stock the Blu-Ray pagakaging version of the cheaper version of any Disney title for some reason.
Old 10-10-12, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
My wife picked up the DVD packaging version by mistake. I went to exchange it and TRU said no because its after the sale date and not the same item. The manager claimed that Disney only made one Blu Ray version and it was the 3 disc.

He was like "I can exchange it but it'll cost you an extra $10."
TRUS - had 2disk version in dvd case for $24.99 and 3 disk version ( with digital copy) in blu ray case ( yellow border ) - for $29.99 . ( the other version 2 disk with blu ray case - blue border was missing from TRUS )

If you got the 2disk version be happy they are all the same disk - no point paying extra for digital copy.

I have ranted before about Disney on this dvd case policy.

I am just transferring my TRUS 2 disk from dvd case to the Best Buy steelbook