Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Target -- Marvel's The Avengers 3D Combo Pack with Bonus Disc for $19.99

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-12, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 617 Likes on 455 Posts
Re: Target -- Marvel's The Avengers 3D Combo Pack with Bonus Disc for $19.99

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I truly do not think these will be rare.
Lotsa places don't have Targets.
Old 09-26-12, 08:33 PM
EdL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EdL
Target in Bellevue, NE received 46 copies. All Target stores in the Omaha metro were sold out as of 7:30pm. I was given a rain check. Will probably purchase from Bestbuy using reward points if product not in stores by this weekend.
NFM sold out as well with a $22,98 price point, there system says earliest product will be available is October - no date,

EdL
Checked on line before heading to BB and 5 were available at my local Target. I now possess the 4 pack, still hard to believe it was $19.99. The clerk said 5 came in via some sort of special UPS delivery this afternoon.

EdL
Old 09-26-12, 08:44 PM

I was just in a Target in Macedonia, OH and they had roughly 20 of the exclusive 3D sets. So they're still out there. Happy hunting!
Old 09-26-12, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yesterday morning, the Target by my work was out of the 3D set 1hr after opening. So, I begrudgingly picked up the 2D+DVD.

Today, based on other posts in this thread, I checked Target.com. The three stores between work and home showed as having it in stock. So, went home after work, grabbed my unopened 2D copy and the receipt (thankfully, I don't clean up often enough) and went to the store near home (Serramonte Mall, Daly City, CA)

There were no 3D copies on the display at the registers, but the display in electronics had about 5 or so.

Customer service was puzzled about why I wanted to exchange, until I explained the difference between the packages.

Yay, got The Avengers on my iPhone. Might eventually have to buy Iron Man 1&2 and Incredible Hulk off iTunes, just so I can soothe my geeky completionist bastard inner-child.
Old 09-26-12, 10:19 PM

Can someone please post a link to check what stores have them in stock please?
Old 09-27-12, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by 6669
Can someone please post a link to check what stores have them in stock please?
Since you said please twice - http://www.target.com/p/marvel-s-the...d/-/A-14178666

Just enter your zip.
Old 09-27-12, 02:03 AM

Amazon has price matched this. You don't get the Target bonus disk, but you can save a lot of time and gas by ordering it from Amazon online.
Old 09-27-12, 03:07 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Decker
Well, it turns out it is the same UPC number. Since Target doesn't have the lenticular cover, I guess I have to swap slipcovers, peel off the sticker indicating the bonus disc, then return the unopened Amazon copy with Target slipcover to Target for $21 credit and keep the Target copy with the bonus disc, with the Amazon lenticular cover, then see if I can get a refund on the Best Buy deposit and yet still keep the steelbook.
That seems kind of slimey, but if it works, I'll get the four disc set, the bonus disc, the lenticular cover and the steelbook for the low, low price of $14.99 (and a little bit of my soul).
Epic deal, if it works out.
Wow, that's a lot but hey if it works. I found one lone copy near the registers on Tuesday and picked it up during my lunch break, tons of the non-3d version though. Also, my situation is slightly similar but I'm fine with the Target slipcover and I was just gonna buy the standard version at Best Buy, two copies, three cases! I'm the coolest.
Old 09-27-12, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
Well, it turns out it is the same UPC number. Since Target doesn't have the lenticular cover, I guess I have to swap slipcovers, peel off the sticker indicating the bonus disc, then return the unopened Amazon copy with Target slipcover to Target for $21 credit and keep the Target copy with the bonus disc, with the Amazon lenticular cover, then see if I can get a refund on the Best Buy deposit and yet still keep the steelbook.
That seems kind of slimey, but if it works, I'll get the four disc set, the bonus disc, the lenticular cover and the steelbook for the low, low price of $14.99 (and a little bit of my soul).
Epic deal, if it works out.
"Paging Decker to the obsessed slipcover thread...paging Decker to the obsessed slipcover thread..."
Old 09-27-12, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by sotra
Since you said please twice - http://www.target.com/p/marvel-s-the...d/-/A-14178666

Just enter your zip.
Thanks! I was trying that last night, but it just said "Not in stock" or something. Looks like its working now.
Old 09-27-12, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have any of you watched the bonus disc yet? How does it stack up against other such bonuses?
Old 09-27-12, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

If anyone needs a copy of this one, just let me know.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-exchang...u-ray-set.html
Old 09-27-12, 09:59 AM

The Target in Plantation, FL has 35 copies on the shelf as of this morning
Old 09-27-12, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Brent L
Have any of you watched the bonus disc yet? How does it stack up against other such bonuses?
I don't know if it's anything to lose sleep over, but I've enjoyed what I've watched of it so far (everything up to The Avengers production). It seems like most of it is rehashed footage from previous releases, but put into the context of leading up to The Avengers. I think it's a good example of reused footage not being a bad thing in the service of telling a story.
Old 09-27-12, 10:10 AM

People were saying its better than any of the regular extras.

I finally got a copy at my Target. They have lots of them coming in now, so I recommend people just keep checking.
Old 09-27-12, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I had snagged the last 3D copy from the store near my work on Tuesday AM, but checking the search on the site now lists every location within 20 miles as having it in stock.

I didn't have a chance to finish watching the Target bonus disc yet, but the 1/3 I have watched is superior to the stuff on the discs. Whedon's commentary is pretty good, but it's a one-and-done thing. Item 47 is meh and you'll see the ending coming a mile off. The deleted scenes are good and best left out, though it's interesting to see how a fight with Black Widow and Hawkeye looks in its raw form with no special effects and how there were a couple of actually shots on location intermixed between the green screen set. The featurettes are pure EPK fluff and not very enlightening. MIA is any sort of special FX material like this: http://io9.com/5940888/weird-secrets...r-have-guessed Make sure you check out the top video to see just how far they went with CGI; Whedon never mentions it in the commentary.
Old 09-27-12, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I had to go back to Target yet again last night, and they had more 3D and 2D. I think someone was just lazy filling the shelves on Tuesday. Anyway, I was able to grab another 3D set for my best friend, who just had his first child yesterday.
Old 09-27-12, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HOSALE
Amazon has price matched this. You don't get the Target bonus disk, but you can save a lot of time and gas by ordering it from Amazon online.
That's what I did. I'm returning my Wal Mart copy and since I wanted Dave as well I ordered that. Wasn't going to make a special trip to Best Buy to get Dave
Old 09-27-12, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I stated earlier in the thread, I think it is one of the better bonus discs I have seen. 90+ minute doc on the series of films. Most of it is probably rehashed from other projects but works well as a single piece. I think it is better than ANY of the supplemental material on the standard release.
Old 09-27-12, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Not too bad. I watched up until the Iron Man 2 section. It'll probably be a watch once (maybe twice) and done for me though. Too much self gloating and appreciation fluff for my liking (see Paltrow and some of the producers for examples). Surprisingly Favreau didn't do much bragging
There is some interesting backstory though and they go into some technical stuff (iron man suit etc.), but I would've liked more of that and less of the avove mentioned fluff.
Old 09-27-12, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by adrenaline78
My store sold out of the 58 copies of the 3d we received, and sold 42 of the dvd and 127 off the regular 2 disc combo, on tuesday alone.
I'm a little bit surprised at the numbers of the various editions. My local Target is probably average size, but they sold 200 3D and about 150 combo on Tuesday alone (didn't ask about the DVD). I couldn't go on Tuesday and got there at opening on Wednesday with 3D being sold out and about 100 combo left and 200 DVD left. Got the combo with bonus disc in case no more 3D was coming in. Called in the afternoon asking if they got more 3D in and they said yes. So, I swung by when going out to dinner and got one from a register display which had probably about 30 3D left on it. The cashier said these were very popular (duh! ) and said they had gotten avout 200 in at noon time! I can see ebay and Amazon being flooded by these. Anything to try and make a quick buck I guess.
Old 09-27-12, 04:28 PM

Local Target was fully restocked with 3D version. There were about 50+ in store at noon (Fremont, CA)
Old 09-27-12, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Lance_G
Local Target was fully restocked with 3D version. There were about 50+ in store at noon (Fremont, CA)
Ditto.
Old 09-27-12, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Got 2 copies at Pacoima, CA.
Old 09-27-12, 05:42 PM

Are these restocks with the exclusive disk?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.