Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Target -- Marvel's The Avengers 3D Combo Pack with Bonus Disc for $19.99

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Target -- Marvel's The Avengers 3D Combo Pack with Bonus Disc for $19.99

Old 09-27-12, 06:35 PM

Re: Target -- Marvel's The Avengers 3D Combo Pack with Bonus Disc for $19.99

Seem like everywhere is in stock. So it is not rare anymore.
Old 09-27-12, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by doraemon10 View Post
Are these restocks with the exclusive disk?
Nope.
Old 09-27-12, 08:23 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

All these restocked 3D sets don't have the bonus disc? Cause that would suck.
Old 09-27-12, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
I guess I missed your post. I haven't done the swap/return thing yet, but I'll probably give it a try.

I agree the steelbook isn't a huge deal (and I didn't grab one for Cinderella though I could have), but in this particular case it would be nice since this packaging involves a lot of disc-stacking and an extra cardboard sleeve, so to be able to keep the 2D BR disc + the Target bonus disc in the steelbook, while keeping the 3D BR and the DVD+ Digital Copy discs in the lenticular case would be ideal.
There are 3 Disc slots in the Steelbook, why would your stack any discs in the standard case? Between the 2 boxes, you now have the correct number of slots for all 5 Discs.
Old 09-27-12, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Restock in my Portland OR area stores. There were a ton of copies at the Target I went to, they all had the Target bonus disc.

A steal in Sales Tax free Oregon, plus 5% off with Redcard.
Old 09-27-12, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by rudyhasdvd View Post
Wow, that's a lot but hey if it works. I found one lone copy near the registers on Tuesday and picked it up during my lunch break, tons of the non-3d version though. Also, my situation is slightly similar but I'm fine with the Target slipcover and I was just gonna buy the standard version at Best Buy, two copies, three cases! I'm the coolest.
Originally Posted by brianluvdvd View Post
"Paging Decker to the obsessed slipcover thread...paging Decker to the obsessed slipcover thread..."
Since it's become a topic of much discussion, I'll give an update. I was able to switch out the sealed disc cases, peel off the Bonus Disc sticker and return the regular 3D set in the Target slipcover back to Target for a refund. I did it that way since none of the Target copies came with a lenticular cover and I didn't want to arouse any suspicion. But it does help that I kept the slipcover I preferred.
I got my $9.97 rebate from Amazon today for the automatic price adjustment and put the 2D BR movie disc, Target bonus disc and DVD in the steelbook, leaving the 3D movie and digital copy disc in the original plastic case. I haven't gone for the Best Buy refund, but reading the small print on the cardboard sleeve (which I kept along with the receipt), there shouldn't be a problem with getting that $7.50 back -- and even if not, I'm still ahead in my book.
Old 09-27-12, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

For the restocked sets you might be able to see or feel if the bonus disc is between the back of the case and slipcover.
Old 09-27-12, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
For the restocked sets you might be able to see or feel if the bonus disc is between the back of the case and slipcover.
Good thing there is this obvious red sticker on the front that let me know it had the bonus Target disc. All the BRs at my Target are locked up in individual plastic boxes security boxes. You would have to have them open one up to check.
Old 09-28-12, 04:53 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Since it's become a topic of much discussion, I'll give an update. I was able to switch out the sealed disc cases, peel off the Bonus Disc sticker and return the regular 3D set in the Target slipcover back to Target for a refund. I did it that way since none of the Target copies came with a lenticular cover and I didn't want to arouse any suspicion. But it does help that I kept the slipcover I preferred.
I got my $9.97 rebate from Amazon today for the automatic price adjustment and put the 2D BR movie disc, Target bonus disc and DVD in the steelbook, leaving the 3D movie and digital copy disc in the original plastic case. I haven't gone for the Best Buy refund, but reading the small print on the cardboard sleeve (which I kept along with the receipt), there shouldn't be a problem with getting that $7.50 back -- and even if not, I'm still ahead in my book.
little shady, but ok.
Old 09-28-12, 06:12 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by sotra View Post
I'm a little bit surprised at the numbers of the various editions. My local Target is probably average size, but they sold 200 3D and about 150 combo on Tuesday alone (didn't ask about the DVD). I couldn't go on Tuesday and got there at opening on Wednesday with 3D being sold out and about 100 combo left and 200 DVD left. Got the combo with bonus disc in case no more 3D was coming in. Called in the afternoon asking if they got more 3D in and they said yes. So, I swung by when going out to dinner and got one from a register display which had probably about 30 3D left on it. The cashier said these were very popular (duh! ) and said they had gotten avout 200 in at noon time! I can see ebay and Amazon being flooded by these. Anything to try and make a quick buck I guess.
Size doesn't really matter. Location might. The store i'm at is 1 of 5 stores in a 30 mile radius. With 2 of those 4 other stores within 10 miles.
Old 09-28-12, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Lance_G View Post
Local Target was fully restocked with 3D version. There were about 50+ in store at noon (Fremont, CA)
My Target restocked about 60 "3D version" of the BR a day after the original 30 were sold out in about 2 hrs.
Old 09-28-12, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by doraemon10 View Post
Are these restocks with the exclusive disk?
2 stores here had restocks and all have the bonus disc.
Old 09-28-12, 09:57 AM

The Target I went to yesterday had the bonus disc version restocked. The only negative is that my local Target never put the blu-rays in the security cases properly so all the slip covers are always destroyed.

Is Best Buy the only one with the lenticular slip cover? My target copy was just a normal slipcover.
Old 09-28-12, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Krayzie View Post
The Target I went to yesterday had the bonus disc version restocked. The only negative is that my local Target never put the blu-rays in the security cases properly so all the slip covers are always destroyed.

Is Best Buy the only one with the lenticular slip cover? My target copy was just a normal slipcover.
I got my amazon 4 disc yesterday, it has the lenticular slip
Old 09-28-12, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Snagged a copy yesterday. Only 7 were left. It included the bonus disc and embossed slipcover.
Old 09-28-12, 02:04 PM

None in Ventura County/San Fernando Valley in SoCal.
Old 09-28-12, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I picked p the target version and then stopped at Walmart and bought the
Lenticular version, took off the lent slp and immediately returned the case without a slip. Si have a lent and a regular slip.
Old 09-28-12, 04:00 PM

is the 3D blu-ray still $19.99 at Target?
Old 09-28-12, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by nando820 View Post
is the 3D blu-ray still $19.99 at Target?
Yes. Sale lasts through Sat.
Old 09-28-12, 04:22 PM

Awesomeee Thank You
Old 09-28-12, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It no longer seems to be on the website? Several searches for the Avengers didn't bring it up for me.

It does show up under "guests who viewed this item also viewed" at $32.99, but clicking on it only brings up error messages, at least for me.

I did get one Wednesday (the store had it behind the counter and when I asked they said that they "didn't have a place for it"). But I was thinking of getting a second as a gift, oh well.
Old 09-30-12, 09:47 AM

Looks like among Avengers Store Exclusives.. this one (The 5 disc - 3D ) got "Ransacked" that fast (faster than the Viva Metal Case Pre-Order from Bestbuy)

Last edited by xage; 09-30-12 at 09:58 AM.
Old 10-01-12, 09:46 AM

This probably in the wrong spot but I did not want to start a new thread. I preordered the Avengers at Disney Store so I could get the 20 off 40 coupon. Upon pick up I discovered the box was the DVD and not the blu ray packaging.

I am looking for wither a site to download the correct art or if someone could post a picture I would be most appreciative.

Thanks