Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Walking Dead Zombie Head - $60 w/ $10 GC at Best Buy

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-12, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts
Walking Dead Zombie Head - $60 w/ $10 GC at Best Buy

Not a bad deal for those wanting the sweet packaging. Lowest price I've seen and it qualifies for the $10 post-pick-up credit if you choose in-store pickup.

Zombie Head at Best Buy
Old 08-23-12, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Walking Dead Zombie Head - $60 w/ $10 GC at Best Buy

How quickly does it take to get the $10 off code? Thinking about picking this up and then using the $10 for Homeland.
Old 08-23-12, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

From the link on the item
Free $10 Savings Code

Spend $50 or more on movies, music or video game software, choose store pickup, and get a $10 savings code.

Place a movie, music or video game software order of $50 or more between Sunday, June 17, and Friday, August 31 — and use store pickup.
The savings code will be e-mailed up to 5 days after you pick up your order.
Redeem your savings code in store or online.
Note: Not all products are available for store pickup.

Valid on individual online purchases made between 6/17/12 and 8/31/12. Excludes purchases of PC and pre-owned games, video game accessories, video game hardware, and Xbox LIVE, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Plus, CinemaNow, iTunes® and online game cards. Eligible pre-orders must be placed and fulfilled during promotion. Savings Codes expire as follows: For June in-store pickups — 7/31; July in-store pickups — 8/31; and August in-store pickups — 9/30.
Old 08-23-12, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by flashburn
How quickly does it take to get the $10 off code? Thinking about picking this up and then using the $10 for Homeland.
They normally send out the code the day after you pick up your item. Usually between 4:30-5:00 pm.
Old 08-23-12, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by darkdaze73
They normally send out the code the day after you pick up your item. Usually between 4:30-5:00 pm.
Nice, that should work out then. Thanks.
Old 08-23-12, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Or, you could get it in-store and get a $10 gift card on the spot for being a TV purchase over $50
Old 08-23-12, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by joltman
Or, you could get it in-store and get a $10 gift card on the spot for being a TV purchase over $50
Except it's in the ad for $69.99. So who knows how long this price will last.
Old 08-23-12, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, so I saw this post and decided to check on it because I had pre-ordered awhile back. The savings is obviously going to be $5 and any savings is a great savings. So it wasn't automatically adjusted on my pre-order. I called the Best Buy customer service number and was directed to a very helpful lady whose name I cannot remember. She was able to find my order and after verification she put me on hold to do the price match. Less than two minutes later she informed me that since I haven't actually PAID for the product yet the system was not set up to do a price adjustment on a product I haven't picked up. She gave me a case number and I will have to call back AFTER I pick up the bluray set to get the $5 price match. Couple that with my $10 off code and I'm not complaing about this one bit.

So if you bought it through Best Buy on pre-order, you will want to call them soon and get a case number for yourself. I was given the option to cancel the order and repurchase it but I turned that down because I used a few reward zone coupons and I didn't want to turn a small inconvenience into a much larger one.
Old 08-23-12, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by POWERBOMB
Ok, so I saw this post and decided to check on it because I had pre-ordered awhile back. The savings is obviously going to be $5 and any savings is a great savings. So it wasn't automatically adjusted on my pre-order. I called the Best Buy customer service number and was directed to a very helpful lady whose name I cannot remember. She was able to find my order and after verification she put me on hold to do the price match. Less than two minutes later she informed me that since I haven't actually PAID for the product yet the system was not set up to do a price adjustment on a product I haven't picked up. She gave me a case number and I will have to call back AFTER I pick up the bluray set to get the $5 price match. Couple that with my $10 off code and I'm not complaing about this one bit.

So if you bought it through Best Buy on pre-order, you will want to call them soon and get a case number for yourself. I was given the option to cancel the order and repurchase it but I turned that down because I used a few reward zone coupons and I didn't want to turn a small inconvenience into a much larger one.

I believe when you pick up the order, it will charge you the current price, not the pre-order price.
Old 08-23-12, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

I'd get this without a thought, but I'm doubting the quality of the Collector's Head With Screwdriver In Eye thingy. Any reviews on this?
Old 08-23-12, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
I'd get this without a thought, but I'm doubting the quality of the Collector's Head With Screwdriver In Eye thingy. Any reviews on this?
Saw this posted on blu-ray.com...

Unboxing The Walking Dead Season 2 Special Edition Box Set - YouTube
Old 08-23-12, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Thanks for the (shaky) link.

Originally Posted by YouYube
this is a poor unboxing shaking and blurry but awesome edition!
Couldn't agree more.
Old 08-24-12, 06:42 AM

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by flashburn
Except it's in the ad for $69.99. So who knows how long this price will last.
Actually, the ad doesn't post the price, I just looked through the ad scan here, and this is all it says about the zombie head packaging. I suspect that person posted the price from BB's website since it wasn't in the ad, seeing as how the text on that page now says it's 59.99. And I think Best Buy generally changes their online price to match what their release price will be the week before it comes out, so most likely the in-store price will be 59.99

EDIT: Actually, I was wrong, it is listed in the ad and it's 59.99 (per this which was just posted on Blu-ray.com)

Last edited by joltman; 08-24-12 at 06:57 AM.
Old 08-26-12, 06:37 PM

For some reason, I thought this was a BB exclusive, but it looks like Amazon has it too (at 64.99)

http://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dead-C...+Dead+season+1
Old 08-27-12, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by darkdaze73
Saw this posted on blu-ray.com...
Unboxing The Walking Dead Season 2 Special Edition Box Set - YouTube
I watched that, and then I watched this LINK. Based on the footage in the shaky-cam video, I wouldn't pay a dime for that limited set, McFarlane Toys or not. But from the second video I found, wow! Great quality piece, almost a different item altogether! And the best part about this second video is you don't have to listen to the host's gratuitous innuendos.
Old 08-28-12, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

^^^Basically what I was going to post today. I was reading a review on Amazon and apparently this head is quality--much different than the review I originally saw, so I ordered it. I was saving up for something else @ BestBuy, but used most of my Rewards for this. So, I'm not complaining. Free is nice! Won't get the $10 GC because it's not available anywhere but I might call and see what happens.

It's really too bad AMC couldn't have made a deal with McFarlane Toys to make a 1st Season Head. That would have been such an awesome bookend send.

Also, has anyone received this yet? Somebody should have received it by now.
Old 08-29-12, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I got mine yesterday at Best Buy. The box was pretty big just as they mentioned in that shaky video. The zombie head is awesome. It feels like a very sturdy rubber mask. It feels solid enough to survive a fall from about 10 feet without any damage. I can only describe it as having a football and having a rubber mask put over it very tightly. The detail is very good. Not enough to make someone think it is a real person, but it will make a great decorative piece for Halloween. The screwdriver and the locking mechanism is very secure. The base which holds the head in just plastic and feels like it is capable of breaking from a fall of 3ft or more on a hard surface, maybe even a carpeted surface. Not sure why anyone would drop this thing, but if you are the kind of person that moves with any frequency you may want to hang on to the styrofoam that come with the package. My family thought it was awesome and I went all fanboy crazy for it. It's pretty cool.

EDIT: I neglected to mention that if I could add something to this Zombie Head, it would be a place on or in the plastic base to store the screwdriver. I do not intend on keeping the screwdriver in the eyesocket and when the BluRay case in in it's slot there is not a place for the screwdriver other than the eyesocket.

EDIT #2: I finally put the BluRay into the RV Zombiehead and when it is put in with the written part of the spine facing the front, there is a small opening at the rear of the bluray case to safely put the screwdriver.

Last edited by POWERBOMB; 08-29-12 at 04:53 PM.
Old 08-30-12, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just to clarify for anyone unsure: I picked this up today at Best Buy, it was labeled on sale at $59.99 and I got the $10 gift card. Not bad.
Old 08-31-12, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received the head today. I'm gonna replace the plastic screwdriver with a real one--might even look better and more realistic. Seems like the plastic one will break after a few times of using it to lift the head up to remove the S2 inside. Overall, I like it.
Old 09-01-12, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
Another here: http://mwctoys.com/REVIEW_082912a.htm.
Old 09-02-12, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Thought I would mention there should be a $2 coupon inside the Digibook for any Anchor Bay horror movie.
Old 09-03-12, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Criminy, there's no shortage of these! I counted four at my local (small) Best Buy this evening. I guess it's a bit too gruesome for some decors.
Old 09-03-12, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I think there were quite a few of these being produced...from looking at the quality of the head. Doesn't have the color textures of the box art.