Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Amazon Instant Video credit for select Paramount Blu-Ray combo packs

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-13, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 363 Likes on 215 Posts
Re: Amazon Instant Video credit for select Paramount Blu-Ray combo packs

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
No. You can only use it on that particular title. And only the SD version. If you try to buy the HD version, you'll get charged full price.
Exactly why I have $72.94 credit in my account. Would be nice if I could use these as rentals.
Old 05-21-13, 02:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by kahuna
In my Amazon VOD are Footloose (new version), Madagascar3, Super 8, Savages, Bourne Legacy, Death Race 3, Hugo (not the 3D ver.). All these were from UV codes. I tried to enter the UV code for Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol again and it says "The following error has occurred: - The redemption code you entered was already redeemed". So I am going to add it to my Amazon VOD account and see what happens.
Well screw me I was charged $11.99 for adding Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol to my account. So I guess that was not one of the titles, crap.
Old 05-21-13, 05:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have never had a UV code work at Amazon, only a Digital Copy code redeemed for an Amazon code....which is then only good for a SD copy of the movie. If you buy the HD version, it doesn't count towards that at all (would be nice if they would let you pay the difference, but no).
Old 05-21-13, 07:01 AM

Received 518 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by kahuna
Well screw me I was charged $11.99 for adding Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol to my account. So I guess that was not one of the titles, crap.
You should contact customer service. They might be able to cancel the order and refund the charge.

The first time I got one of those digital copy credits, I thought it could be used for any instant video item. So I ordered a different movie and got charged for it. Contacted customer service and told them I ordered it by mistake. They removed the item from my library and gave me a refund.

I really dislike the Instant Video store's one-click ordering system. It makes me reluctant to order anything. There should be a verification page to avoid these kinds of mistakes.
Old 05-21-13, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should contact customer service. They might be able to cancel the order and refund the charge.

The first time I got one of those digital copy credits, I thought it could be used for any instant video item. So I ordered a different movie and got charged for it. Contacted customer service and told them I ordered it by mistake. They removed the item from my library and gave me a refund.

I really dislike the Instant Video store's one-click ordering system. It makes me reluctant to order anything. There should be a verification page to avoid these kinds of mistakes.
I totally agree, and I've made that suggestion to Amazon reps in the past, as always they tell me they'll forward the suggestion, and as always nothing ever changes (just like several other suggestions I made).

I know for a fact that MI Ghost Protocol free copy worked for me when I first posted this, but who knows why it didn't work now. I learned that Amazon's system is full of all sorts of secret expiration dates... some are close and some are 5-10 years in the future. Of course their system never tells you that (which I've suggested it should) but lumps it all into the ambiguous Instant Video credit. So, when you have such a problem you have to contact CS and make them research the details of the credit.

I never know if it's better to call or chat for such an issue. I find if I call (or actually you request they call you as I think they disabled their call-in numbers) I usually get someone in the US who speaks English. If I chat it's almost always someone with a name from India who often have trouble understanding what I type.
Old 05-21-13, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I did contact customer service last night by phone. Talked to a woman with a lovely British accent. Any way she did cancel the order and gave me a refund for the Ghost Protocol order. I tried to explain to her how I got all the AIV credit. At first it seemed like she had no idea what I was talking about. So she put me on hold and got back to me and told me she would check further and then send me a email with a lists of $14.99 titles I could buy with the almost $73 credit. Here are the titles she sent me.

1. ASIN: B008KPDYQY - The Five-Year Engagement
2. ASIN: B008N1LL42 - Battleship
3. ASIN: B007GE2H3G - The Adventures of Tintin
4. ASIN: B008K3HRF0 - Dr. Seuss' The Lorax

I know have about $23 in credit since these were only $9.99 each. Must of dropped in price.