Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Amazon Instant Video credit for select Paramount Blu-Ray combo packs

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-12, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amazon Instant Video credit for select Paramount Blu-Ray combo packs

If you go here: http://www.paramountdigitalcopy.com you can select one of several Blu-Ray combo packs, then select Amazon, and enter your digital copy code. You'll get a code which you can enter from the "Redeem a gift card or promotion code" while looking at any Amazon instant video.

I just confirmed that these codes only work for purchasing the same movie to own whose code you entered, so even though it looks like a generic Instant Video credit it won't work on anything else. Well, it's not a super deal but for anyone with digital copies of these movies you can get an Amazon and iTunes permanent copy to own for free. Apparently the credits must be used by the end of 2016.

List of movies:
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol - $14.99
Adventures of TinTin 3D - $14.99
Footloose (new)
Hugo 3D
Puss in Boots 3D
Transformers 3 3D
Paranormal Activity 3
Super 8

Apparently the other movies in the list that I didn't list above do not permit you to get an Amazon code.

I don't know if it matters what order you redeem your code (iTunes then Amazon or vice-versa).

Last edited by Manzana; 07-18-12 at 06:04 PM.
Old 07-18-12, 07:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Amazon Instant Video credit for select Paramount Blu-Ray combo packs

So these movies will stay in my Amazon Instant for good, or are they like rentals? I own all of those listed above (except Footloose), so I wouldn't mind having them linked to my Amazon Instant account as well.
Old 07-18-12, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Yes. It's for a purchase, not rental.
Old 07-18-12, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

I wonder if there should be a sister posting of this in the Streaming Forum..
Old 07-18-12, 11:06 PM

It's been like that for a while. I've had a bunch of those in my Amazon account for a while. The really nice thing about those paramount copies is the codes are reusable for a UV and Itunes copies as well, so you have a large selection. Also, Puss In Boots is not available for Amazon. It's disc based.
Old 07-19-12, 12:17 AM

Thanks.. while I don't do the AMAZON VIDEO.. I do VUDU and found that "SUPER 8" which use to be iTunes or Windows could now be done as a VUDU movie!
Old 09-25-12, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Supposedly some of the Universal Hi-Def titles hook into AIV as well. This actually ends up being a decent perk if you buy into the Amazon version of iCloud and do streaming on their TV, or on a Kindle Fire HD, etc........
Old 09-26-12, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by PGHFlyer
Supposedly some of the Universal Hi-Def titles hook into AIV as well. This actually ends up being a decent perk if you buy into the Amazon version of iCloud and do streaming on their TV, or on a Kindle Fire HD, etc........
Some of the newer Universal titles do and a few of the Universal 100th also (Born on the 4th, Jaws). The good thing is it will usually give you the choice of UV plus a bonus Itunes or Amazon copy. If you choose the Amazon copy you can then still get the itunes copy (So, UV, Amazon and Itunes).
Old 09-26-12, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 331 Likes on 250 Posts

Tried Puss In Boots but it just said to put the disc in and transfer the digital copy to your computer. Super 8 let me get a Vudu copy, but only in SD. I don't know why I'd ever want to watch a Vudu copy when I have the discs, but I've redeemed all the ones I've had just because. My TV has Vudu so sometimes I leave a movie playing when I leave and don't want to turn the TV off. (My previous TV also had Amazon but this one doesn't.)
Old 09-26-12, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, I wish there was a good way to know which digital copies would be Amazon compatible, but they seem very inconsistent. I usually wait and buy Used nowdays of hastings, but I would pony up a little extra if I could get titles loaded into my Prime account so I had more viewing options with devices.....
Old 10-17-12, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I know this isn't Paramount like the original thread title, but we don't seem to have a great discussion place for all the Digital Copy/ UltraViolet/ etc....

...anyhow, FYI on Jaws, the digital copy redemption to Amazon gets you a $9.99 credit, which is enough to buy the SD version but not HD ($17.99). Same for Super 8 ($16.99 credit for SD, while HD is $19.99). I received $14.99 credit for MI4, even though it is currently selling in SD for $9.99.

I suppose I could leave the credit in my account and hope the price drops on HD (or maybe not, I tried to redeem the code on the HD page on Amazon, and it wouldn't work).............it looks like to get HD for free, you have to redeem you UV and do on Vudu.

Last edited by PGHFlyer; 10-17-12 at 05:31 PM. Reason: tried a few more titles....
Old 05-18-13, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Recently redeemed This is 40, Moonrise Kingdom, and E.T. also for Amazon..........
Old 05-18-13, 12:58 PM

Thanks, OP.
Old 05-18-13, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 362 Likes on 214 Posts

When I first started to enter UV codes I realized I could pick Itunes or AIV also. Since I don't use itunes so I picked AIV. But stupid me after the first bunch of titles I picked for AIV I forgot to purchase them. Now I have almost $60 in my AIV account. Probably 4 or 5 titles worth. Problem is I do not remember which titles they were. So I am afraid to pick a title say like Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol and end up getting charged for it instead of coming out of my credit.
Old 05-19-13, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

Originally Posted by kahuna
When I first started to enter UV codes I realized I could pick Itunes or AIV also. Since I don't use itunes so I picked AIV. But stupid me after the first bunch of titles I picked for AIV I forgot to purchase them. Now I have almost $60 in my AIV account. Probably 4 or 5 titles worth. Problem is I do not remember which titles they were. So I am afraid to pick a title say like Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol and end up getting charged for it instead of coming out of my credit.
It's a poor arrangement that Amazon has for the digital code redemption.
Old 05-19-13, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, and kind of stinks you only get SD at Amazon, but I guess the UV is for HD. I now write down because of the problem you describe and once I have bought the titles and buy something completely unrelated from VOD, I usually write Customer Service and ask them if they can apply my remaining balance and they are usually pretty good about making the exception.
Old 05-19-13, 09:26 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by PGHFlyer
Recently redeemed This is 40, Moonrise Kingdom, and E.T. also for Amazon..........
There is a Universal selector as well?
Old 05-19-13, 09:42 AM
Suspended

So what titles have this whatever + Amazon VOD Credit?

I found an ET Code and it worked, but my Office Season 8 did not give me an Amazon option.
Old 05-19-13, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Game of Thrones do this too.
Old 05-19-13, 11:57 AM

The recent Universal Steelbook waive gives multiple choices. I was able to redeem Hellboy 2, Pitch Black, Chronicles of Riddick, Incredible Hulk and Serenity at UV, Itunes and Amazon. The great thing is all but Serenity netted me HD itunes copies.
Old 05-19-13, 01:51 PM
Suspended

Time to stock up. Amazon VOD credit is higher than the price of some of these movies.
Old 05-19-13, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, but the thing is, your leftover credit is still really only good for the same title in SD, unless you can get a cooperative CS agent.........
Old 05-19-13, 03:07 PM
Suspended

You can use the credit on anything for the rentals...right? Does not have to be that title. It am I mistaken? Ill have to rent a TV show for $1 and see...
Old 05-19-13, 04:46 PM

Received 511 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
You can use the credit on anything for the rentals...right? Does not have to be that title. It am I mistaken?
No. You can only use it on that particular title. And only the SD version. If you try to buy the HD version, you'll get charged full price.
Old 05-21-13, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 362 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
So what titles have this whatever + Amazon VOD Credit?

I found an ET Code and it worked, but my Office Season 8 did not give me an Amazon option.
In my Amazon VOD are Footloose (new version), Madagascar3, Super 8, Savages, Bourne Legacy, Death Race 3, Hugo (not the 3D ver.). All these were from UV codes. I tried to enter the UV code for Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol again and it says "The following error has occurred: - The redemption code you entered was already redeemed". So I am going to add it to my Amazon VOD account and see what happens.

Last edited by kahuna; 05-21-13 at 01:58 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.