DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Battlestar Galactica - $19.99 per season at Best Buy (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/603230-battlestar-galactica-%2419-99-per-season-best-buy.html)

Chris-K 07-15-12 10:21 AM

Battlestar Galactica - $19.99 per season at Best Buy

Spotted last night in my local Best Buy, the various Battlestar Galactica seasons going for $19.99 each. Not listed in this week's ad (don't know about last week's) but still this price on-line.

Bought season 1 last night as a blind buy, never seen an episode.

Josh-da-man 07-15-12 01:01 PM

Re: Battlestar Galactica - $19.99 per season at Best Buy

$14.99 each with U&S?

deet 07-15-12 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man (Post 11308474)
$14.99 each with U&S?

Yep. Bestbuy.com is useless for tracking which stores have them in stock, though.

Rocketdog2000 07-15-12 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man (Post 11308474)
$14.99 each with U&S?

Actually just mentioned this in the Upgrade & Save thread, before I saw this one.

JoeySeven 07-16-12 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by Chris-K (Post 11308362)
Spotted last night in my local Best Buy, the various Battlestar Galactica seasons going for $19.99 each. Not listed in this week's ad (don't know about last week's) but still this price on-line.
Bought season 1 last night as a blind buy, never seen an episode.

It's a great show.
I own the 1st season on HD-DVD,and seen most of the other episodes checked out through the library mostly.Never did watch the last season,just been busy.

I'm a little confused about all the seasons though.
I think this would make up the The Complete Series on blu-ray.

Season 1
Season 2
Season 3
Season 4
The plan
Razor

I found some helpful info over on blu-ray.com

Quick information updates:
DO NOT mistakenly order S4.5 instead of the Complete season 4 which has both halves of the season. There is no S4.0 -- it was never released in the US on Bluray.

If you get all 4 complete season sets it has everything the Complete Series sets have except for the Outer Box that holds the same 4 Individual sets and the more recent Boxset has The Plan included in a separate Keepcase (many people hate it anyway though I find it mildly entertaining). The individual sets have the Original Miniseries, all the extras, all the extended epidodes in addition to the TV versions, the 1st Webisodes (the 2nd set has never been released on Bluray or DVD), the commentaries, both versions of Razor, etc.

Originally Posted by deet (Post 11308859)
Yep. Bestbuy.com is useless for tracking which stores have them in stock, though.

+1

vietduckboi 07-16-12 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by JoeySeven (Post 11309081)

I'm a little confused about all the seasons though.
I think this would make up the The Complete Series on blu-ray.
If this is wrong.would someone please correct me.

Season 1
Season 2
Season 3
Season 4
Season 4.5
The plan
Razor

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there are 2 buying options for the 4th season:

1. Buy Season Four (contains all of the 4th season) - http://www.amazon.com/Battlestar-Gal...ar+galactica+4
2. Buy Season 4.0 (contains 1st half of 4th season) and Season 4.5 (contains 2nd half of 4th season) - http://www.amazon.com/Battlestar-Gal...ar+galactica+4 and http://www.amazon.com/Battlestar-Gal...ar+galactica+4

So if Season Four is $19.99 at BB, that would be the way to go rather than getting 4.0 and 4.5. I hope that makes sense.

vietduckboi 07-16-12 01:25 AM

JoeySeven - Damn you for answering your own post before I got the chance to.

JoeySeven 07-16-12 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by vietduckboi (Post 11309086)
JoeySeven - Damn you for answering your own post before I got the chance to.

:lol:

Now BB is showing no Store Pickup: Not Available for the first 3 seasons.
So $10 off $50 Best Buy savings code promotion (6/17-8/31) will not work at this time.:(

I have not tired to get the $10 promotion from BB yet.I'll try latter.

mifuneral 07-17-12 08:07 PM

I ordered 1,2, and 4. For some reason 3 isn't available for shipping and isn't available in my store. Sadness.

Jtnguyen12 07-19-12 10:56 PM

Picked up Season 1/2/3/4/4.5 on blu-ray at Bestbuy today. So Season 4 & Season 4.5 is the same?? Do i have to return Season 4.5 ??

Josh-da-man 07-19-12 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jtnguyen12 (Post 11314441)
Picked up Season 1/2/3/4/4.5 on blu-ray at Bestbuy today. So Season 4 & Season 4.5 is the same?? Do i have to return Season 4.5 ??

Yes, you don't need 4.5.

You might want to pick up "The Plan," if you want a complete set, though.

E_v_i_l 07-20-12 12:56 AM

I picked up these yesterday. I was lucky that my store had all four in stock.

Tags said that they expire on 7/21 for those still interested in getting in these. The sale could be extended but I wasn't willing to chance it.

wildman1037 07-20-12 12:55 PM

Actually found all four at my BB, too!! Grabbed the last S2. What a great deal, for a great series!

visitor Q 07-20-12 09:58 PM

I did the same as others today ....picked up Battlestar seasons 1 - 4.5 using the U&S program at Best Buy. Why the hell did they even release 4.5 if it is completed in 4? If that's the case then I'll probably sell mine new instead of returning it (since returning kills $5 upgrade coupon).

The time listed on the box states 23 hours 11 mins and I was admittedly a little confused by this ...but it further solidifies the claim.

Thanks

Josh-da-man 07-20-12 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by visitor Q (Post 11315941)
Why the hell did they even release 4.5 if it is completed in 4?

Battlestar Galactica was initially released on DVD with seasons 2 and 4 split in half.

So the initial DVD release was Season 1, Season 2.0, Season 2.5, Season 3, Season 4.0 and Season 4.5.

BSG wasn't released on blu-ray until late in the series run and when "Season 4.5" was released on DVD, the blu-ray came out simultaneously that same day even though "season 4.0" or any other BSG blu-rays had been released.

Then, they started going back and released full season sets of seasons 1-4.

visitor Q 07-20-12 11:21 PM

Makes perfect sense why the release date was almost five months prior to Season 1 (I noticed this when updating my spreadsheet). Admittedly, I didn't spend any time researching what that discrepancy was all about.

Thanks again, guys. That is quite helpful.

seether254 07-20-12 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by deet (Post 11308859)

actually not quite correct you can see if its in stock through their online tracking system it just takes a little work.

ok first you need to find some other product on BB's site that you can check for stock in stores. once you are on that page if you look in the URL you can see that it says SKU. If you delete that an replace it with the URL of the product that doesn't have the "check stores" option available and hit enter then you can type in your zip and find out if the store has it in stock.

For example heres the URL for checking stock on season 3:

h ttp://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcat17006&type=page&skuId=1022364&searchpage=true&_requestid=41637

the number directly after "skuId=" is the SKU of the product that you can delete and change to the product SKU of your choice.

excom101 07-21-12 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by seether254 (Post 11316065)
actually not quite correct you can see if its in stock through their online tracking system it just takes a little work.

ok first you need to find some other product on BB's site that you can check for stock in stores. once you are on that page if you look in the URL you can see that it says SKU. If you delete that an replace it with the URL of the product that doesn't have the "check stores" option available and hit enter then you can type in your zip and find out if the store has it in stock.

For example heres the URL for checking stock on season 3:

h ttp://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcat17006&type=page&skuId=1022364&searchpage=true&_requestid=41637

the number directly after "skuId=" is the SKU of the product that you can delete and change to the product SKU of your choice.

Doesn't work. Just pulls up the last thing I checked stock for.

Jtnguyen12 07-21-12 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by visitor Q (Post 11315941)
I did the same as others today ....picked up Battlestar seasons 1 - 4.5 using the U&S program at Best Buy. Why the hell did they even release 4.5 if it is completed in 4? If that's the case then I'll probably sell mine new instead of returning it (since returning kills $5 upgrade coupon).

The time listed on the box states 23 hours 11 mins and I was admittedly a little confused by this ...but it further solidifies the claim.

Thanks

I returned Season 4.5 today and picked up Mission Impossible Extreme Triology Box Set for $5 plus taxes. Make sure tell the cashier you used $5 off coupon (1 DVD trade-in).