Reload this Page >

Best Buy Upgrade & Save, $5 Off Blu-ray titles, Jul 15 - Aug 11, 2012

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Best Buy Upgrade & Save, $5 Off Blu-ray titles, Jul 15 - Aug 11, 2012

Old 08-01-12, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
Re: Best Buy Upgrade & Save, $5 Off Blu-ray titles, Jul 15 - Aug 11, 2012

Be on the lookout for the Avenger set, which may come close in price to buying all of these @ $15 each.
Old 08-01-12, 10:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vietduckboi
Thanks! It looks like it also comes with $7.50 for Expendables 2?
So, it says there are 16 titles to choose from...

In the ad, it seems to show:

Expendables, Total Recall, Rambo, and Red.

I'm definitely in for at least Total Recall and Red. Maybe Rambo too.

Wonder what the other 12 films are.
Old 08-01-12, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
Be on the lookout for the Avenger set, which may come close in price to buying all of these @ $15 each.
I have a feeling Best Buy will do some bundle type deal with all the Avengers' movies along with Avengers for like $100.
Old 08-02-12, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Yeah, I'm having trouble finding things to buy as well. I may get another 3D title of two (Polar Express, Gullivers Travels are two I'm considering). I wish Final Destination 5 and Chicken Little were 19.99...
Is Gulliver's Travels 3D $19.99 before U&S coupon now or next week? I thought I saw it with a much high price tag. I also must be imaging that I saw Chicken Little 3D with a $19.99 price tag today. Unfortunately all of the 3D BDs that I saw $19.99 tags were ones I didn't want or already owned the 2D BD. 3D ones like Thor and Captain America never seem to go on sale, and I couldn't bring myself to buy Drive Angry 3D or Final Destination 5 3D for $14.99 after U&S.

I still have 2 coupons to use. I was at 2 BB stores today (only because I was already next door to them) and couldn't find anything in stock I wanted. Hopefully next week there will be something. I think I've gotten 6 BDs with U&S since the sale began.

Here's a general policy question: if you return an unopened BD that you bought with an U&S coupon, do you just "lose" the coupon or should they refund you back what you paid (after coupon) and give you a replacement U&S coupon? Otherwise you just lost your coupon/trade-in because you changed your mind.

We already know the policy at my nearest BB store: you lose the coupon (the guy said it with a smirk and the only thing missing was a big "ha ha... I'm a supervisor because I get off denying people"). I expect most other stores would be nice enough to give you another coupon. I'm just curious what has happened to others who may have tried it.
Old 08-02-12, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana
Is Gulliver's Travels 3D $19.99 before U&S coupon now or next week? I thought I saw it with a much high price tag. I also must be imaging that I saw Chicken Little 3D with a $19.99 price tag today. Unfortunately all of the 3D BDs that I saw $19.99 tags were ones I didn't want or already owned the 2D BD. 3D ones like Thor and Captain America never seem to go on sale, and I couldn't bring myself to buy Drive Angry 3D or Final Destination 5 3D for $14.99 after U&S.

I still have 2 coupons to use. I was at 2 BB stores today (only because I was already next door to them) and couldn't find anything in stock I wanted. Hopefully next week there will be something. I think I've gotten 6 BDs with U&S since the sale began.

Here's a general policy question: if you return an unopened BD that you bought with an U&S coupon, do you just "lose" the coupon or should they refund you back what you paid (after coupon) and give you a replacement U&S coupon? Otherwise you just lost your coupon/trade-in because you changed your mind.

We already know the policy at my nearest BB store: you lose the coupon (the guy said it with a smirk and the only thing missing was a big "ha ha... I'm a supervisor because I get off denying people"). I expect most other stores would be nice enough to give you another coupon. I'm just curious what has happened to others who may have tried it.
You lose the coupon. And that is completely appropriate.
Old 08-02-12, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SoonerDoc
You lose the coupon. And that is completely appropriate.
Why would that be appropriate? It was a form of payment, like a reward zone certificate. You gave them a dvd, they gave you a voucher for $5 off. If they're not going to return the dvd you traded, they should return the voucher. Would this float the other way? You buy a 2 disc edition of something, return it with the special features disc missing and they happily give you a full refund?
Old 08-02-12, 08:13 AM

------------
Instead of just returning the BD and asking for a U&S coupon back, just pick another movie to buy - they may adjust the $5 on that movie.

I returned by 2 disk MI-GP for 3 disk. (after I become wiser about extras on this site) The clerk initially said that would cost you an extra $5, but the next clerk a nice lady came over and manually adjust the price - so I did not have to pay anything. Agreed it was the same movie - but could work with another movie.
Old 08-02-12, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by soundman2
Instead of just returning the BD and asking for a U&S coupon back, just pick another movie to buy - they may adjust the $5 on that movie.

I returned by 2 disk MI-GP for 3 disk. (after I become wiser about extras on this site) The clerk initially said that would cost you an extra $5, but the next clerk a nice lady came over and manually adjust the price - so I did not have to pay anything. Agreed it was the same movie - but could work with another movie.
I actually tried asking to do that first and was told they couldn't pricematch or adjust the price or give me another coupon. Then she called a supervisor over (who I know is a hardnose) so I knew the answer before he opened his mouth. The CS rep purposefully misrepresented what I said (saying that I expected an extra $5 pricematch on top of the U&S coupon which I never said) to the supervisor, but I knew once I explained it he'd still say no. He basically said that store's policy is that if you use an U&S coupon you can't adjust that item's price within 30 days if you find it cheaper somewhere else (because to apply a pricematch to something I used a coupon is "combining special offers" which is not allowed... basically the same old BS excuse), and they won't give you back your coupon if you return something you used a coupon on... you just lose the coupon. They'd much rather be snots than try to understand the situation and accept the return and give a $5 coupon from their large stack sitting behind the counter. So basically at my store if you buy something with U&S and the price drops afterwards within the return time period, you're stuck at the old price or returning and losing your DVD trade-in/coupon.

I should really never go to this location except it's the nearest one where I normally go to the mall. I've mentioned this store to other BB stores and more than a few times the reps say "I've heard stories about that store being excessively strict". The only reason I was there was to pick up something I ordered online because (as usual) they were out of stock online by the time I saw it and store pickup was the only choice.

My entire point in posting was not to relay yet another instance of this store being uncooperative (that's a given just like Big Lots and Sam's Club having crappy DVD selections now) but to ask if others have had problems returning (or price adjusting) items with U&S coupons. I was curious what the actual policy was since the coupon wording doesn't mention returns or price adjustments. I'd be more than happy to return an item I used U&S on, pick another and have them apply the U&S, but as I said this store won't do anything to help.
Old 08-02-12, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The solution is simple.

Don't buy things you don't intend on keeping.
Old 08-02-12, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

And these are the days of our lives....
Old 08-02-12, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Manzana, Gulliver's travels 3D is $14.99 after u&s coupon.
Old 08-02-12, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by Shagrath
The solution is simple.

Don't buy things you don't intend on keeping.
Pretty much. Then a movie studio releases another version AFTER you already purchased an "Ultimate Collection".
Old 08-02-12, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Sith Vol
I have a feeling Best Buy will do some bundle type deal with all the Avengers' movies along with Avengers for like $100.
Well, there is this coming, which has an exclusive bonus disc. Once again, those of us who bought the individual releases get screwed.
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=90907
Old 08-02-12, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Manzana

During the last sale, I returned a title on two different days. Both times I was given a replacement coupon back. The first time, I said "it sucks that I wasted a coupon" and they just handed me a replacement. The second time, they just asked me if I wanted a new coupon. Obviously this is YMMV. I'm just stating that it is possible, but it's totally up to your customer service rep.
Old 08-02-12, 11:08 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Don't know if it's been mentioned already, but the 3 disc BB exclusive of MI 4 is now posted as $9.99. So it can be had for $4.99 with the trade-in.
Old 08-02-12, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by trespoochies
Don't know if it's been mentioned already, but the 3 disc BB exclusive of MI 4 is now posted as $9.99. So it can be had for $4.99 with the trade-in.
Actually I believe it's $9.99 after the coupon. Seems like they raised the price $5.
Old 08-02-12, 11:35 AM
Banned by request

Gee...perhaps I was mistaken...

That's why I said its now the POSTED price.
Old 08-02-12, 12:15 PM

That's why I said its now the POSTED price.
Wasn't trying to be a douche. Just sayin.
Old 08-02-12, 03:42 PM

Calm down trespoochies
Old 08-02-12, 03:49 PM
Banned by request

Whatever kids. I was straight up pointing out the sale of MI 4. If Sith can't read correctly, that's not my issue. Not sure what your issue is duckboi.
Old 08-02-12, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You weren't mistaken. It IS indeed $9.99 now, thus $4.99 after coupon. I actually posted it earlier this week, but it's already been buried pages ago...

EDIT: I couldn't see your image at work, cuz Photobucket is blocked. I didn't realize you were being sarcastic and had posted evidence...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 08-02-12 at 08:48 PM.
Old 08-02-12, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He may have been referring to next weeks ad where it has MI4 for 14.99 before coupon
Old 08-02-12, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by adrenaline78
He may have been referring to next weeks ad where it has MI4 for 14.99 before coupon
No way Tom Cruise is worth 5 bucks more, he can jump off from a space mission for all I care
Old 08-02-12, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

anyone try to get the coupon to work with a total recall mind bending addition?
Old 08-02-12, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 449 Likes on 307 Posts

FYI, the get-a-coupon-for-checking-your-phone-upgrade-eligibility is back next week for the last week of U&S coupons.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.