Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

56% off Kino blu-rays at importcds

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-12, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
56% off Kino blu-rays at importcds

Through August 3, 2012, Kino Blu-rays are 56% off at importcds.com.

Even with shipping and handling charges, these are pretty good deals for the Kino blu-rays, better than their 10% sale last month, and most are much less than Amazon.

$29.95 list price, $13.09 sale price.

$34.95 list price, $15.29 sale price.
Old 07-03-12, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: 56% off Kino blu-rays at importcds

Deep Discount just dropped their prices on a few Kinos as well. I was able to get all three Lina Wertmuller Blus for $45.XX.
Old 07-04-12, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll have to take advantage of this; there have been a few Kino titles I've been needing to pick up.

I managed to get both the original Invasion Of The Body Snatchers and High Noon from importcds for less than $13 each. I'll have to pay more attention to this site...
Old 07-05-12, 07:29 AM
Banned

Good deal. Thanks.
Old 07-06-12, 05:36 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 95 Likes on 77 Posts

If this place offered free shipping, I think they would have all the potential in the world to be "THEEE PLACE" for home media. Even dethroning Amazon.
Old 07-06-12, 07:46 AM

FYI, I think this might be owned by the same people as DD and DVDPlanet. The customs form on my order was signed by the same person as my DD orders.
Old 07-06-12, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by LPMA
FYI, I think this might be owned by the same people as DD and DVDPlanet. The customs form on my order was signed by the same person as my DD orders.
It is owned by the same company. I thought this was common knowledge on here or I would have mentioned it.
Old 07-06-12, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll order Farewell to Arms, Way Down East, and They Made Me a Fugitive once I can piggy-back them with the August Olive discs.
Old 07-06-12, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by jwstl
It is owned by the same company. I thought this was common knowledge on here or I would have mentioned it.
It might have been but I had no clue. I personally don't mind but I know some people avoid DD like the plague so I thought I'd mention it.
Old 07-06-12, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by LPMA
It might have been but I had no clue. I personally don't mind but I know some people avoid DD like the plague so I thought I'd mention it.
I don't mind either. I've purchased a few items from importcds without a problem. I even gave DD another chance recently and was happy with their performance.
Old 07-06-12, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Shipping and Handling kills the deal for me. $6.50 extra for 2 titles? No thanks...
Old 07-06-12, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

$6.50 to ship two Blu Rays? That's ridiculous. KINO Blus are so overpriced to begin with, I wind up passing on most of them and save my money for CRITERIONs which I at least know will have a stellar transfer and worthwhile extras. I only wish Criterion would use original ad art for their covers like Kino sometimes does.
Old 07-06-12, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Shipping and Handling kills the deal for me. $6.50 extra for 2 titles? No thanks...
Their shipping likely isn't worth it for just a couple of titles, but if you're planning on buying a bunch, the savings make up for it, as they only charge $3 for the first item, and $1.50 for each additional one. I buy all of the Olive discs from them, and save $4 or $5 on what Amazon charges, even when shipping is factored in. They're also a cheap source of Synapse titles. Plus, they ship out titles (up to two weeks before release date) as they come in, so that you don't have to worry about any items being held up.
Old 07-08-12, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Thanks for posting this. I'd been waiting for a good Kino sale to catch up on Buster Keaton Blu-rays. Even with their inflated shipping, my total for four titles was $70-- well under what I'd have paid for them on Amazon. Gracias!
Old 07-08-12, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I picked up all the Buster Keaton Blu-rays. I've been wanting to get them for a while now, but they never go on sale. Even with the shipping it's still cheaper than Amazon has ever had any of them. I wasn't looking to spend so much, but couldn't pass up the offer. Thanks.
Old 07-11-12, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by kstublen
I picked up all the Buster Keaton Blu-rays. I've been wanting to get them for a while now, but they never go on sale. Even with the shipping it's still cheaper than Amazon has ever had any of them. I wasn't looking to spend so much, but couldn't pass up the offer. Thanks.
Has everything from the Keaton DVD box been released on Blu-Ray? I was contemplating buying some or all of these now, but if there's going to be a bigger Blu-Ray Keaton box set later I might get that instead, especially if it has exclusive content not released individually.
Old 07-18-12, 07:04 PM
Sem

Originally Posted by Ravid
Has everything from the Keaton DVD box been released on Blu-Ray? I was contemplating buying some or all of these now, but if there's going to be a bigger Blu-Ray Keaton box set later I might get that instead, especially if it has exclusive content not released individually.
No, there are a few remaining titles. I have no doubts that as soon as they have all of them available, they will do the blu-ray box set. I would wait for that.
Old 07-18-12, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

I really wanted to hit the Kino direct clearance sale that ended today, but I am too broke at the moment.