Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Amazing Spider-Man / Dark Knight / Ted Movie Money

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-12, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Amazing Spider-Man / Dark Knight / Ted Movie Money

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
Everytime I see the title of this thread, specifically "Ted Movie Money", my mind just sees "Ted" and "Money", and then I think of the Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase and wonder what he has to do with the thread.
For me when I see Knight and Ted next to each other in the title, I think of Ted Knight of course. I suppose I should've jumped on the Spiderman 1 & 2 deal with the movie cash (back when it was $9.99 at BB or Amazon), but since I already had the Spiderman Trilogy I didn't feel like spending the dough just to get extras that should've been on the Trilogy release. Older BDs will head towards $5 anyway, and you never know what $5 BDs you'll find at Walmart on BF... maybe I'll find those Spiderman 1 & 2 BDs for $5 each one of these days.
Old 07-04-12, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

You really should have jumped on the Amazon having it them for $9.99... cause you get a promo code from Amazon.. and the promo code on the Blu's when they arrive. In essence making it 2 movie tickets and a Blu for $9.99...
Old 07-05-12, 09:28 AM

Yes, I should have jumped on this deal, but I didn't. Now the deal is over and I'm too stubborn to pay $3 more for 2 movies I already have on BD just to get more extras... well, I think they had the extended cuts and those would've made it more worthwhile but I'm trying to cut back on my spending. Maybe I should've sold off my unopened Spiderman Trilogy BD and gotten all 3 separately. That was more work and effort than I'd like to do right now.

I didn't know about the double tickets on each Amazon purchase until after it had ended since I wasn't paying enough attention. I could've used 2 tickets (TAS and DKR) but I'd be hard pressed to use 4 because (for reasons I won't mention) I'm the only one in my household who is able to go to a theater right now.
Old 07-05-12, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 599 Likes on 432 Posts

So you waited until the deal was over so you would have something else to belly ache about.
Old 07-05-12, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by b2net
You really should have jumped on the Amazon having it them for $9.99... cause you get a promo code from Amazon.. and the promo code on the Blu's when they arrive. In essence making it 2 movie tickets and a Blu for $9.99...
Many people including me did not get a movie Code from amazon for the SM purchase.
Old 07-05-12, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by whotony
Many people including me did not get a movie Code from amazon for the SM purchase.
Still waiting for mine to ship and see if I'll get codes emailed, but if I don't I will just email their excellent CS dept.
Old 07-05-12, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 214 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by sotra
Still waiting for mine to ship and see if I'll get codes emailed, but if I don't I will just email their excellent CS dept.
My copy of the first "Spider-Man" did not have a code sticker.
Old 07-05-12, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I emailed and here is what they said,

I understand your concern about the promo not applied on your account.

I've checked your account and see that this is a One-time promotion code and you'd receive only one code on your order.

Here is the promotional code: xxxxxxxxxx that you can use.

Sometimes other websites post Amazon.com promotional claim codes; however, these sites do not always post the restrictions or the correct expiration dates associated with a particular offer.
Old 07-05-12, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DWilson
My copy of the first "Spider-Man" did not have a code sticker.
Yeah, I'm not too concerned about sticker on them or not. If I get 4 tickets - 2 email codes and 2 stickers - from SM1 and 2 that would be a nice bonus, but if I get zero I will email them asking for 2.
Old 07-08-12, 08:34 AM

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Does anyone know if you can use the ticket to buy advance tickets? I want to get my ticket today but it says it's only valid from 7/20.
Old 07-10-12, 07:14 AM

I ordered Spider-man 1 & 2 (one on my account and the other on my wife's account). I got a promotional code for both. The movies came in the mail, yesterday. Spider-man 1 had a sticker with it, but the other movie ended up being a copy of Secondhand Lions. So now I'm having to do a return. But, so far, I have 3 codes for ordering the two of them and hope to see another one when I get the correct movie.
Old 07-10-12, 05:51 PM

My Spiderman 3 (the only one I didn't have yet) came today and it had the code on it. They also e-mailed me a code, so I ended up with 2.
Old 07-15-12, 05:58 PM

Does anyone know if you can use multiple five dollar off certificates on one ticket? Say my ticket is 9.75, can I use two of these certificates to get a free ticket?
Old 07-15-12, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TerryAlexFan
Does anyone know if you can use multiple five dollar off certificates on one ticket? Say my ticket is 9.75, can I use two of these certificates to get a free ticket?
No. Each ticket is good for only ONE admission. You can't combine them.