Reload this Page >

Amazon $8 Coupons: Pocahontas, Rescuers, Aristocats, Lady and Tramp 2, & others

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Old 06-01-12, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pocahontas Two-Movie Special Edition (Pocahontas / Pocahontas II: Journey To A New World) (Three-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo in Blu-ray Packaging)

Lady and the Tramp 2: Scamps Adventure (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Special Edition in Blu-ray Packaging)

The Aristocats (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Special Edition in Blu-ray Packaging) (1970)

The Rescuers: 35th Anniversary Edition (The Rescuers / The Rescuers Down Under) (Thee-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo in Blu-ray Packaging)

The Tigger Movie: Bounce-A-Rrrific Special Edition (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo in Blu-ray Packaging)

Finding Nemo (Five-Disc Ulimate Collector's Edition: Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray/DVD + Digital Copy)

How to Redeem the Coupon:
To apply a coupon offer to a qualifying item, add coupon in one of two ways:
Click on the coupon offer on the item detail page via the "Clip this Coupon" button, or
Click on the coupon provided on amazon.com/coupons.
After applying the coupon to the qualifying item, add the item to your Cart via the "Add to Cart" or "1-Click" option button on the respective item detail page.
The coupon discount will be applied to the qualifying item added to your Cart and will be reflected on the final order checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
Coupons are valid for a limited time only. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel coupons at any time.
If you do not purchase the qualifying items added to your Cart when the coupon is in effect, the discount will not apply.
The coupon applies only to qualifying items displaying the coupon offer in your Coupon Book and on the item detail page.
The coupon offer will not be valid until it is applied to the qualifying item.
The coupon may only be used on http://www.amazon.com and in conjunction with the purchase of products shipped and sold by Amazon.com and not on products sold by third-party sellers.
The promotion is limited to one coupon per customer.
Promotion may not be combinable with mail-in rebates.
If you return any of the items purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value may be subtracted from the return credit.
Applicable shipping and handling charges apply to all products.
Add-on Items require a minimum purchase. See amazon.com/addon for details.
Offer good while supplies last.
Void where prohibited.
Amazon has no obligation for payment of any tax in conjunction with the distribution or use of any coupon.
Consumer is required to pay any applicable sales tax related to the use of the coupon.
Coupons are void if restricted or prohibited by law.
Old 06-01-12, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Amazon $8 Coupons: Pocahontas, Rescuers, Aristocats, Lady and Tramp 2, & others

Pre-ordered every, single title and I'll figure it out closer to release date.

Did Amazon/Disney ever offer coupons on Home on the Range and Treasure Planet?
Old 06-01-12, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 109 Likes on 83 Posts
Re: Amazon $8 Coupons: Pocahontas, Rescuers, Aristocats, Lady and Tramp 2, & others

Pre-ordered The Rescuers and Nemo and I might go ahead with the others. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 06-01-12, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

So many (too many) titles to preorder. I'm a bit borderline at $19.99 for the lesser movies or the Nemo 3D combo pack at $26.99. To me I think the lesser movies should be around $15 and the Nemo 3D pack $20 which would require $5 to $7 price drops at Amazon before release to reach those prices. That could happen but there's no guarantee.

If (as discussed in another thread) the price drops usually don't happen until Sunday or Monday before release, does everyone feel confident their preorders won't enter the shipping soon before Monday (especially if they use free super saver shipping)? I'm not so confident as I have this memory that sometimes preorders ship on Monday or earlier.

Do people think it would be best to order all of them in 1 order or do a separate order for each preorder with free super saver shipping (for those who are Amazon Prime-less (sub-Prime) like I am)? As I recall, the $25 minimum free super saver shipping only requires the before coupon price to be $25.

I suppose putting them all in 1 mega-order wouldn't hurt as the 2nd wave of release (8/21/12) should keep the 1st wave (8/14/12) from shipping right away, but of course Amazon can decide to split orders up at any time defeating the point in doing that. I assume that you can still individually delete items out of orders yourself. Many years ago they allowed you to combine orders, but that was taken away.
Old 06-01-12, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 1,536 Likes on 970 Posts

Ordered them all except Lady & The Tramp 2.

Excited for The Rescuers 2 pack -- didn't know that was coming and never saw either film.
Old 06-01-12, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ordered Pocahontas and Rescuers sets.
Old 06-01-12, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 646 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker View Post

Excited for The Rescuers 2 pack -- didn't know that was coming and never saw either film.
Did the same (+ Avengers). I liked Lady and the Tramp but I don't even remember the sequel, was it any good?
Old 06-01-12, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

these first 4 releases have "buy all 4" and receive discounts at BB or Target.

There have got to be better deals than this on release day. I'm not even going to waste my time preordering.

Nemo may be worth pre-ordering, but I didn't get a "clip coupon" on my order page.
Old 06-01-12, 07:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rescuers Down Under is easily one of my favorite Disney movies.
Old 06-01-12, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 161 Likes on 109 Posts

Why are they releasing so many movies on Aug 21? That's not good for my wallet.
Old 06-01-12, 09:04 PM

Ordered them all, although I did Nemo last night.

If TRU or BB has a better deal on any or all, I'll cancel. But, I won't bet on it.
Old 06-01-12, 09:19 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel View Post
Did Amazon/Disney ever offer coupons on Home on the Range and Treasure Planet?
Nope. Got both in my Goldbox a few weeks ago, so my pre-orders are sitting at $18.99 each. With the lower MSRP, I'll probably cancel if they don't drop to $15.

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
I liked Lady and the Tramp but I don't even remember the sequel, was it any good?
Not really. Too many sub-par musical numbers in that one. Saw it once when I was 12 and hated it.
Old 06-01-12, 09:37 PM

1. Did people who preordered multiple titles do them on separate orders or all on the same order? (I assume you can still delete individual items out of an order later without losing coupons on the other items?)

2. Does anyone know how long these coupons will last? I know they usually don't last long, but do we at least have through Sunday?

3. I have promo credit (gift card) that I don't want to lock up until August. Would the best way to avoid this situation be to preorder something very expensive to use my credit, then preorder the Disneys, then cancel the expensive preorder?

4. If you later want to apply a gift card to an existing order, can you do that? I know you can't go the other way from an existing order (remove a gift card and pay by credit card), but I do see "apply gift card balance" when ordering. Is that option still there after you've ordered up until when it ships?
Old 06-01-12, 11:00 PM

oh today is a good day awesome!
Old 06-01-12, 11:07 PM
g

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

There is a place under change payment to uncheck use of gift card ballance. If it doesn't work with the coupon credit, than use it toward a preorder and cancel it later. You can add gift cards later. I have had a problem if the amount has gone under 25.00 than the free shipping disappears when I add a gift card.
Old 06-01-12, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by g View Post
There is a place under change payment to uncheck use of gift card ballance. If it doesn't work with the coupon credit, than use it toward a preorder and cancel it later. You can add gift cards later. I have had a problem if the amount has gone under 25.00 than the free shipping disappears when I add a gift card.
The only problem with unchecking "use gift card balance" is that it also prevents you from using each of the $8 coupons. Too bad there's no way to have it use the coupons but not the GC balance. Nobody has really said if they ordered all of them in 1 order or separately, and perhaps it doesn't make any difference, so I made 2 arbitrary orders (4 and 3). Hopefully if I decide to keep the preorders and want to apply a new GC balance, it will work and not take away the $8 coupons when I change payment method.

This time I also noticed it automatically broke the free super saver shipping down into separate shipments for each release date. Does that always happen or just sometimes?
Old 06-02-12, 09:17 AM

Has anyone gotten these in their quick picks?
Old 06-02-12, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts

Same for me.
Old 06-02-12, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana View Post

3. I have promo credit (gift card) that I don't want to lock up until August. Would the best way to avoid this situation be to preorder something very expensive to use my credit, then preorder the Disneys, then cancel the expensive preorder?

4. If you later want to apply a gift card to an existing order, can you do that? I know you can't go the other way from an existing order (remove a gift card and pay by credit card), but I do see "apply gift card balance" when ordering. Is that option still there after you've ordered up until when it ships?
I just bought a "big pre-order", ordered the Disney stuff, then cancelled the big pre-order. Had the same problem.
Old 06-02-12, 07:58 PM

Does anyone know how long these coupons will last? I know they usually don't last long, but do we at least have through Sunday?
For a limited time, pre-order Finding Nemo (Five-Disc Ultimate Collector's Edition) to save $8. Coupon expires on June 7, 2012.
I assume that date is the same for all the coupons.
Old 06-03-12, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by TerryW View Post
I assume that date is the same for all the coupons.
Thanks for that info of June 7th. I don't know where you found that. I didn't see it anywhere on the order pages. Since I didn't know that at the time and was fearful of it expiring at any moment, I placed all the preorders (in 2 separate orders) not long after it was posted.
Old 06-03-12, 07:02 PM

Thanks for that info of June 7th. I don't know where you found that. I didn't see it anywhere on the order pages. Since I didn't know that at the time and was fearful of it expiring at any moment, I placed all the preorders (in 2 separate orders) not long after it was posted.
It's on this page where the 3-disc Nemo set is up:

Old 06-03-12, 07:58 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm surprised there's no coupon for Great Mouse Detective
Old 06-03-12, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by JoeyOhhhh View Post
I'm surprised there's no coupon for Great Mouse Detective
Nor Treasure Planet (which comes out sooner) or Secret of the Wings. TP and GMD are $19.96 without coupon, while the others with the $8 coupon are $19.99 or above after coupon. Secret of the Wings is still $29.96 w/o coupon. The hope, of course, is that Target or BB will have TP and GMD cheaper on release, and Amazon will lower the prices (at the last minute). I still have trouble paying almost $20 for BDs of Disney movies I already own on DVD, but I hold out the hope that Target or BB will be $19.99 or $22.99 on all of the ones mentioned in this thread (making the final price $15-ish) except Finding Nemo 3D and Secret of the Wings 3D which will probably be $24.99 or $26.99 at TGT or BB.

There's still time for coupons on these remaining 3, but I don't recall seeing any Amazon coupons on a Disney BD that is already under $20, so probably just Secret of the Wings. Are there any other upcoming 2012 Disney animated BDs besides the 3 I mentioned plus the ones mentioned earlier in this thread?

Last edited by Manzana; 06-03-12 at 09:46 PM.
Old 06-03-12, 08:59 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't think there are any missing from your list. I usually dump my disney DVDs once to see talk online that there is an upcoming release as their values still hold up. I hope Toys R Us gets preorder cards for some of these titles also, though I kind of doubt they will.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.