Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

John Carter $5 Coupon

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-12, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John Carter $5 Coupon

From Blu-ray.com:

Coupon is now live

Go to: johncartercoupon.com to save $5 off the 4-Disc 3D combo pack.

Expires June 11th.
Old 06-05-12, 08:02 AM

Re: John Carter $5 Coupon

If you get the 3D combo from Walmart (where its $24.96 before the $5 coupon and $19.96 after) there is a sticker on the outside that says Save $10 on any Disney Blu-ray With Purchase of this Blu-ray. Inside the shrinkwrap stuck to the back of the case is a check/coupon kind of like those Movie theater cash checks that come in some releases sometimes that is good to August 5,2012 for as the sticker reads $10 off any Disney Blu-ray purchased at Walmart.
Old 06-05-12, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,185 Likes on 4,213 Posts

Good to know. Guess I'll get it there instead. Thanks.
Old 06-05-12, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by psychopuppet420
If you get the 3D combo from Walmart (where its $24.96 before the $5 coupon and $19.96 after) there is a sticker on the outside that says Save $10 on any Disney Blu-ray With Purchase of this Blu-ray. Inside the shrinkwrap stuck to the back of the case is a check/coupon kind of like those Movie theater cash checks that come in some releases sometimes that is good to August 5,2012 for as the sticker reads $10 off any Disney Blu-ray purchased at Walmart.
Thanks for the good info. So it's not a discount at the time of purchase but simply a coupon stuck on the outside (wonder how long those will last) for $10 for a future Walmart-only purchase. Unlike Target, I know from occasions in years past when trying to use mfg. coupons at Walmart that sometimes they'd give grief if you tried to pricematch as well (whereas Target rarely gives you grief if you PM + use coupons), so the usefulness of the $10 Walmart coupon is unpredictable.

Too bad it expires 8/5/12 when the big batch of Disney BDs hits on 8/21/12 and 8/14/12. In fact, between now and then the only new release I'm aware of is Treasure Planet BD which due to its low popularity may not have any $19.99 B&M deals and I can never be sure Walmart will even sell it with their very limited selection. They have so few 3D BDs it's sad... though I know Treasure Planet is not a 3D so at least it has some chance of being there on 7/3/12.
Old 06-05-12, 09:58 AM

Just so everyone knows what to look for I hooked up the scanner that's been sitting in my closet for a while so excuse the dust please.

http://i45.tinypic.com/9s44rp.jpg

As long as it has that Walmart sticker there should be a piece of paper folded up stuck to the back of the keep-case under the shrink-wrap.
Old 06-05-12, 02:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I can take this to Target and get it for $20? Last time I tried a coupon for a BD at Target they wouldn't take it because the BD was on sale.
Old 06-05-12, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,185 Likes on 4,213 Posts

Originally Posted by -BeeJay-
So I can take this to Target and get it for $20? Last time I tried a coupon for a BD at Target they wouldn't take it because the BD was on sale.
I've used Disney manufacturer's coupon dozens of times at Target on sale blu ray discs. The coupon scans right in. If somebody refuses, ask to speak to a manager or go to customer service.
Old 06-05-12, 09:00 PM

I attempted to use the $5 John Carter coupon at Best Buy and after pricematching to Target (figured I would try for the bonus disc) the cashier was unable to accept the coupon after scanning it, I then went over to Target and it was accepted without a problem.
Old 06-06-12, 09:19 AM

Target is always better at accepting coupons than BB (and Walmart). Coupons rarely scan at BB and usually have to be entered manually if the cashier is willing. It has been this way for years at BB and I know expecting them to fix it would be insane. Walmart's scanners usually take the coupon, but without rehashing past experiences I find Walmart employees often don't like to PM and take a coupon (BB employees almost never will do that) plus I never use a coupon on anything I might have to return because I got hassled on that too. So, Target's system is by far the best, their employees are typically the most willing, and I always go to Target for everything except of course when Target doesn't carry an item (which is too often). I like the fact that Target employees usually have scanners and can look up an item and tell you if they have or another nearby stores, how many they have, and exactly which shelf it's on. Target's system is way more advanced than Walmart's. BB can do most of that except tell you exactly which shelf it's on (or more often which endcap it's hidden on in a different area).
Old 06-06-12, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Couldn't find a copy at Target yesterday (luckily, it turns out), so I went next door to Best Buy. Got them to price-match the Target price of $24.99 with no problem (despite the fact that I was buying the Best Buy exclusive with the extra Blu-ray disc). Also, got them to scan the $5 off coupon without any effort and it scanned fine without manual intervention. Even got them to apply a ShopKicks $5 off coupon to sweeten the deal.

Best Buy comes through again!

My only regret is that I was issued a $10 RewardsZone coupon this morning which I would have aloved to also apply to this purchase. No problem, though, as I know I'll be shopping there again soon.
Old 06-06-12, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Shopkicks? Did I miss something?
Old 06-06-12, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Peep
Couldn't find a copy at Target yesterday (luckily, it turns out), so I went next door to Best Buy. Got them to price-match the Target price of $24.99 with no problem (despite the fact that I was buying the Best Buy exclusive with the extra Blu-ray disc). Also, got them to scan the $5 off coupon without any effort and it scanned fine without manual intervention. Even got them to apply a ShopKicks $5 off coupon to sweeten the deal.
Just curious, what was on the extra disc? I chose to use the coupon at Target for a lower price and get $8 off Tron Legacy in 3D.
Old 06-06-12, 10:38 PM

Received 805 Likes on 523 Posts

Amazon notified me of refund of $5 dollars for the price adjustment, so with the Amazon coupon and this adjustment, I got my copy for $19.99. No need for the extra disc.
Old 06-06-12, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by b2net
Shopkicks? Did I miss something?
Its an app which uses the GPS on your smart phone to give you "kicks" each time it locates you entering a B&M store. Those "kicks" add up and can be redeemed for coupons.
Old 06-08-12, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by TexasDVDer
Just curious, what was on the extra disc? I chose to use the coupon at Target for a lower price and get $8 off Tron Legacy in 3D.
Populating Mars - The filmmakers reveal how they brought the creatures fo Mars to life. (15 min.)

Extended Scenes - Extended scenes with filmmaker introductions. (5 min.)
Old 06-08-12, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

The extra disc is with the 3D set is a Blu...
Old 06-08-12, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I went ahead and bought it at Target with The Rocketeer. Surprised they that one. I might go and get another and price match at Best Buy if they still have more bonus discs. My brother's birthday is next month. I'll give him the extra one.
Old 06-08-12, 09:56 PM
g

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Did they give you eight dollars off of Rocketeer. I read on blu ray forum is only off a few expensive Disney combo packs. Or did the manually take it off.
Old 06-09-12, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yes. They manually took $8 off The Rocketeer. One of the team leaders came over and checked it out. He then said it was for selected Disney titles, but changed his mind and told them to take the $8 off.
Old 06-09-12, 10:23 PM
Cool New Member

Picked it up at Target, I'm ocd enough to be kind of bothered that the Target copies don't have the cardboard sleeve even though I know its useless. There was just one copy left at my local one and I didn't want to bother driving further out of town to a BestBuy or Walmart for a sleeve or waste time and resources on getting the BB exclusive of which I'm told depends entirely if the employee cares or not. Price too decent to pass up.
Old 06-10-12, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by rudyhasdvd
Picked it up at Target, I'm ocd enough to be kind of bothered that the Target copies don't have the cardboard sleeve even though I know its useless. There was just one copy left at my local one and I didn't want to bother driving further out of town to a BestBuy or Walmart for a sleeve or waste time and resources on getting the BB exclusive of which I'm told depends entirely if the employee cares or not. Price too decent to pass up.
You can order replacement sleeves from Disney
Old 06-10-12, 11:28 AM

I didn't know that. I'm also anal enough that it pisses me off when I get a damaged sleeve. Link? Are they free or do you have to pay?
Old 06-10-12, 12:13 PM

I emailed them about a replacement case and artwork and this was the response I got, hope it helps!

Thank you for your e-mail. We are happy to let you know that o-sleeves, wraps, and cases can be purchased for a nominal charge. The cost for these items in a single shipment is $3.95 for the first item, and $1.00 for each additional item.

If you would like to purchase an o-sleeve, wrap, or case, you may send $3.95 (add $1.00 for each additional item) to our Consumer Relations Department to cover shipping and handling for these items. To take advantage of this offer, a check or money order (made payable to WDSHE Consumer Relations) along with a letter of intent should be sent to:

WDSHE Consumer Relations
PO Box 3100
Neenah, WI 54957-3100

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reply to this email. You may also contact us at 1-800-723-4763 (Canada: 1-888-877-2843), Monday 9:30-7:30 and Tuesday through Friday 9:30-6:30 CST.

Sincerely,

Walt Disney Studios Distribution Consumer Relations
US and Canada
Old 06-10-12, 05:44 PM
Cool New Member

I didn't know that. I'm also anal enough that it pisses me off when I get a damaged sleeve.
I'm not alone! I ended up getting a roughed up copy of War Horse at Fry's because it was the only one they had so this perfectly works for me.
Old 06-10-12, 06:57 PM

Yeah, I'm anal enough that when my copy from Amazon comes and it's damaged, I'll go to Best Buy or Target, buy the movie again and return it with the effed up sleeve.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.