Deep Discount 25% off sale: 5/31 - 6/24

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Deep Discount 25% off sale: 5/31 - 6/24

Old 06-01-12, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Deep Discount 25% off sale: 5/31 - 6/24

Originally Posted by sleepyhead55 View Post
Thanks for the info. The weird thing is usually Deep Discount used to be really quick with the order confirmations.

I just realized there's a whole bunch of stuff that I want from DD in this sale (mostly reigon free imports). Even without the 10% I think it's a pretty good deal, assuming it ships out of course.

musick, check your PM, as I sent you a 10% off code.
thanks sleepyhead55
just sent you a reply and I didn't see the info posted here before I replied but as I stated I no longer need the code and it can be passed on to someone else who may need it .... DD as noted here raised their prices between last night and now on what I was looking to purchase

I am done doing business with this company
Old 06-01-12, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
My first two orders shipped today, with the problematic third one still in the processing stage.
Great - the email I received (16 hours later) in response to my request to either apply the two discounts or cancel the order is merely a copy of their coupon policy, with no addition information, and it looks like I've already been charged for the order. Stupid Safari...
Old 06-01-12, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My order with Bay of Blood shipped, which is good because that title shot up $10 in the past 12 hours. Still waiting on the order with The Beyond in it to ship.
Old 06-01-12, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I can't see if anything from my wish list is on sale without clicking on it, (wasting lots of my time), it turns out that very little from it is on sale (this includes lots of mainstream titles, not obscurities), the website keeps asking me to log in every five minutes, almost all of the Criterions in my wish list have gone up by $5 over night and are now more than Amazon, an it's always good for a laugh to check my delivered-months-ago orders to see them listed as still in process.

Ugh.
Old 06-01-12, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Phibes View Post
My order with Bay of Blood shipped, which is good because that title shot up $10 in the past 12 hours. Still waiting on the order with The Beyond in it to ship.
When did you order, Phibes? I bought a bunch of Arrow titles last night and am anxiously awaiting a shipping email.
Old 06-01-12, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sadly i waited on Breathless, Christmas tale, and Three Colors trilogy, and they all shot up in price since yesterday. I guess i am waiting for B&N.
Old 06-01-12, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by akiramole View Post
When did you order, Phibes? I bought a bunch of Arrow titles last night and am anxiously awaiting a shipping email.
I put that order in around 4PM, I thought it was a bit later than that actually. The other order was around 11 and I ordered Killer Party even though it was backordered, so I'm afraid that might screw me somehow. Although The Beyond and 42nd Street Forever both say processing, would they just ship those out now, or would they wait until Killer Party is back in stock before shipping the whole order?
Old 06-01-12, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Super-bi-annual-criterion

I guess they decided they don't want to compete with B&N....

WAIT! I thought DD didn't jack-up prices during the sale, and it was all wide-eyed conspiracy theorists who said that
Old 06-01-12, 11:53 AM

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Got a couple y'day - Identification of a Woman and Letter never Sent. Had stopped buying at DD as they started charging ST for CA. neways with B&N doing away with coupons, this was the lowest I could get each - a tad under $13 each with the 10% and 25% coupons stacking. Order not shipped yet but I never get excited about DD. Unlike Amazon where I ordered Deadwood BD at 9:30am and it was shipped by 10:30am :-)
Old 06-01-12, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k View Post
Super-bi-annual-criterion

I guess they decided they don't want to compete with B&N....

WAIT! I thought DD didn't jack-up prices during the sale, and it was all wide-eyed conspiracy theorists who said that
The three Criterions I ordered yesterday are $5-$6 more apiece today.
Old 06-01-12, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My first two orders shipped today, with the problematic third one still in the processing stage.
What is this nonsense:

Originally Posted by DD email
Due to our quick order processing, orders for in-stock items cannot be canceled once they are placed.
Also, they keep ignoring the part of my emails where I ask if they can retroactively apply the discount that wasn't applied to my order. I'm not sure if that's intentional or just typical DD cluelessness.
Old 06-01-12, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by clappj View Post
The three Criterions I ordered yesterday are $5-$6 more apiece today.
I only ordered one, but it's about $7 more today. Went from a 54% discount to a 40% discount, overnight. The only other Criterions I want are pre-orders, and thus not sale-eligible.
Old 06-01-12, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k View Post
I only ordered one, but it's about $7 more today. Went from a 54% discount to a 40% discount, overnight. The only other Criterions I want are pre-orders, and thus not sale-eligible.
I'll probably grab up "Shallow Grave" on the 12th, as long as they don't raise it's cost before then. At it's current price it would be $20.32 (after the 25% off).
Old 06-01-12, 03:21 PM
Cool New Member

Well I was going to try my first order from DD in 10 years because of the sale yesterday, but as I was trying to proceed to purchase I got locked out, DD's site must have been overloaded. So I just put my laptop to sleep & now trying again today everything is more expensive & not worth it.....DD is such a headache & precisely why I stopped buying from them...I don't know why even bother looking anymore. I'll just wait for B&N's Criterion sale, which is a bummer, cuz I really wanted to get that David Lean set @ $42...
Old 06-01-12, 03:36 PM
Cool New Member

...and to add insult to injury the Control blu-ray (normal price was $9 last night) is now $14 (not part of the sale....and the 10% code doesn't work with the 25% code (I get a message saying that there's a discount already applied), so they can't be stacked.
Old 06-01-12, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm finding a few things but it isn't easy. I've been doing comparisons to things in my Amazon cart and Amazon is still coming up cheaper on most items. I certainly miss the days when they only sold DVDs and everything was at 25% during these sales. Oh well.
Old 06-01-12, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Just as well. I should thank DD for saving me a bunch of hand wringing over whether to place an order or not. There were a couple of things it would have been nice to get and check off my want list, but I've been doing good not ordering anything for a while and working my way through past purchases- which is what I should just keep doing.

Besides, July is going to be wallet busting month for me with all the sci-fi releases and the B&N sale.
This looks to be the first time in 10 (or is it 11?) years I won't be anticipating any packages from DD in June.
Old 06-01-12, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Paul_SD View Post
Just as well. I should thank DD for saving me a bunch of hand wringing over whether to place an order or not. There were a couple of things it would have been nice to get and check off my want list, but I've been doing good not ordering anything for a while and working my way through past purchases- which is what I should just keep doing.

Besides, July is going to be wallet busting month for me with all the sci-fi releases and the B&N sale.
This looks to be the first time in 10 (or is it 11?) years I won't be anticipating any packages from DD in June.
What are some of the sci-fi releases coming out? I know I got Invasion of the Body Snatchers on order. I don't want to miss anything good!
Old 06-01-12, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

An update: Again ignoring my request to apply the discount retroactively, as the errors were due almost entirely to DD's horrible website and inability to properly communicate with customers, they've told me that I'll have to ship the items back at my own expense. If anyone wants a laugh, check out the whole surreal non-conversation, quoted below in its entirety (with roughly 5-hour gaps in-between my emails and their responses - their first (useless, generic) response took 16 hours!)

Spoiler:
Originally Posted by NoirFan
Somehow, possibly due to the technical difficulties on your site, the two discounts were not applied to this order:

25% -SUMMER12
10% -A412ER5KPV

If these discounts cannot be added, or a second order with these discounts cannot be placed, then please cancel this order. Thank you.
Originally Posted by DD
Thank you for contacting DeepDiscount.com!

Coupon and Promotion Policies

One coupon per order. Coupons are not valid with any other coupon offer, shipping offer or promotion. If you enter two coupon codes, our system will accept whichever coupon you entered last.
Promotional offers or coupons might list certain restrictions and conditions, such as one use per customer, minimum purchase required or other specific conditions. Please refer to the offer for specific details.
If you return an item that was purchased with a coupon, you will be refunded only for the amount you paid (that is the price of the item, less the coupon value).

Again, thank you for writing DeepDiscount.com. We appreciate your business.
So, what does this mean for my order? As I said before, if the discounts cannot both be applied, I would like my order cancelled.
Originally Posted by DD
Due to our quick order processing, orders for in-stock items cannot be canceled once they are placed. We are showing your order is in the shipping process. Your order should be shipped within the next 24 business hours. You will receive an email confirmation once your order has shipped. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Okay, are you able to apply the missing discounts to my order then? If not, please email me a postage paid form so that I can return the order once it arrives.
Originally Posted by DD
Thank you for contacting DeepDiscount!

We have reviewed your email and would like to inform you that you would have to send the item back at your own expense. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Christ, it's like trying to talk to HAL! I knew DD were bad, but this is just madness. As NO ONE orders from them anymore except during the sale (and even then total orders are only a fraction of what they once were), you'd think they'd try to placate those who actually do order from them by springing for the cost of a $4 return for a customer who has spent thousands of dollars with them over the last decade.

Last edited by NoirFan; 06-01-12 at 04:16 PM.
Old 06-01-12, 04:32 PM

^^^
I would call them. It's insanity that they would not at least apply the 25% off code. Explain to them what happened. I've had good luck with phone CSRs. (I always call -- I've never tried to handle problems via email)
Old 06-01-12, 04:38 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

After going back and forth with DD e-mail about my missing Salon Kitty blu (first they couldn't find a record of my order, even though I gave them the order number...then they wanted a copies of the e-mail order confirmation and finally the PayPal transaction number) - so I get this reply:

Thank you for contacting DeepDiscount!

We’ve forward your Paypal information for the transaction to be voided. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Sales Support "GD"
[email protected]
http://www.deepdiscount.com

So....instead of filling my outstanding order and making me happy, looks like they're just cancelling the whole transaction which of course means a complete waste of my time.

Gee - I can't wait to see what they're going to do about the orders I placed yesterday...

Peter
Old 06-01-12, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

The inability to cancel orders on the website, or even get an accurate status update- has been a huge frustration with this company for some time. I don't begrudge them for not honoring multiple coupons- but not being able to cancel an order that doesn't have rush shipping is just not conducive to a good customer experience.

As far as shipping it back at your expense- just don't open it, write REFUSED/ RETURN TO SENDER on it, and give it right back to the post office. I've done that with DD before. You will eventually get the credit put back though it usually takes several weeks.

What are some of the sci-fi releases coming out? I know I got Invasion of the Body Snatchers on order. I don't want to miss anything good!
IOTBS was one of them. I've also got Barbarella along with Outland, Altered States and Coma pre-ordered. Warner is also releasing Brainstorm and another sci-fi themed title I can't recall at the moment, in the same batch. In addition to those and about 5 Criterions, I'll also be looking to pick up
Twins Of Evil
The Marilyn Monroe Collection
The Streets Of San Francisco S3 V1&2
Of course, there is always the possibility of other stuff getting announced as well.
And that's just DVDs/Bds. I also have a bunch of Graphic Novels, Art books and IDW strip reprint books on order I'm eagerly awaiting, that have been delayed until late June/early July. Those will easily add another couple hundred $ to the CC statement.

Yeah, with everything to come, I'm quite happy I'm not being tempted by this DD sale at all.
Old 06-01-12, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

but not being able to cancel an order that doesn't have rush shipping is just not conducive to a good customer experience.
And then, on top of that, they refuse to pay for the return shipping! Is it any wonder that Amazon rules the internet, while once-popular e-tailers like DD and Planet are, for all intents and purposes, basically out of business, middling bi-annual sales not withstanding?
Old 06-01-12, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

As far as shipping it back at your expense- just don't open it, write REFUSED/ RETURN TO SENDER on it, and give it right back to the post office. I've done that with DD before. You will eventually get the credit put back though it usually takes several weeks.
Okay, thanks - I thought you had to refuse the actual delivery, and give it back to the postman himself or something. I sent them a lengthy and angry email, though I'm guessing the response will be another maddeningly generic and useless one.
Old 06-01-12, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

And then, on top of that, they refuse to pay for the return shipping! Is it any wonder that Amazon rules the internet, while once-popular e-tailers like DD and Planet are, for all intents and purposes, basically out of business, middling bi-annual sales not withstanding?
Like That'sAllFolks said... Why don't you call them on the phone?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.