Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Best buy's upcoming blu exclusives

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-12, 05:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Best buy's upcoming blu exclusives

Do those steelbooks have the same special features/digital copies as the original releases?
Old 06-05-12, 03:14 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

I posted this on the HD side, but - for the 5 people who pick up Act of Valor from Best Buy for the exclusive - just a warning, but do NOT throw away the itty bitty sticker on the front. On the back is a code for the "exclusive", where you go to http://actofvalorbestbuy.foxfilm.com to see 8 minutes of behind the scenes footage. Exclusive? I guess, if you want 8 more minutes.
Old 06-06-12, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by trespoochies
I posted this on the HD side, but - for the 5 people who pick up Act of Valor from Best Buy for the exclusive - just a warning, but do NOT throw away the itty bitty sticker on the front. On the back is a code for the "exclusive", where you go to http://actofvalorbestbuy.foxfilm.com to see 8 minutes of behind the scenes footage. Exclusive? I guess, if you want 8 more minutes.
I was one of those 5 people. Yes, it was a total letdown. Not only is the exclusive footage NOT on the disc(s) in the BD/DVD combo, I have to to to a website and type in a code? WTF?! Granted, it's not a burden, but I would expect exclusive (bonus) footage to be on a disc.
Old 06-06-12, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Fuck that shit. They can take their code and shove it up their ass. I can't believe how cheap these movie studios are getting. And then they want how much for these releases?

Suck me.
Old 06-06-12, 10:03 AM

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Havok83
Do those steelbooks have the same special features/digital copies as the original releases?
Yes and no. If it was a single disc release, it has the special features. The Dark Knight is the only one that is a 2 disc set. Sucker Punch only comes with 1 disc (the theatrical cut) although some people have reported getting the extended version instead. Inception lists the special features from the second disc, but it only comes with 1 disc. Some users on bluray.com have said that they contacted WB and they are going to receive a copy of the special features disc, but that is a big YMMV situation.

Other than the batflicks, no digital copies. And those are Ultraviolet copies.
Old 06-07-12, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Picking up Shawshank, Goodfellas (both for the wifey) and Book of Eli for myself on Friday. Only 1 store out of about half a dozen near me had all three in stock (and for some reason they were nott willing to ship Shawshank) and its the one I like the least. Oh well, quick in and out then. Neither Shawshank nor Goodfellas we actually own and I always wanted something a little special for Book of Eli, so it made sense here.
Old 06-08-12, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts

I was in my local BB and saw their "exclusive" BD for "The Town" at 14.99. Maybe I wasn't paying attention, but this was new to me. Is this pretty much the same as the pricier second "Collector's" edition of the movie that came out eight months or so after the first edition, but without the physical extras (maps and such)?
Old 06-08-12, 05:53 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by trespoochies
Originally Posted by erlong
I was one of those 5 people. Yes, it was a total letdown. Not only is the exclusive footage NOT on the disc(s) in the BD/DVD combo, I have to to to a website and type in a code? WTF?! Granted, it's not a burden, but I would expect exclusive (bonus) footage to be on a disc.
The packaging (slipcover and cover art) is also supposed to be part of the Best Buy exclusive. They definitely executed poorly with the exclusive footage though.

The "Over 8 Minutes of Behind the Scenes Footage" (which is what it says on the sticker) is exactly 3 minutes, 25 seconds long. Also, according to the sticker, it expires 9/30/12. If this is true, they could have at least made it easy for people to download the content after entering the code.

As it turns out, you don't even need the code. You can just download the footage here: http://actofvalorbestbuy.foxfilm.com...o/Trailer1.mp4
Old 06-08-12, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 601 Likes on 434 Posts

Originally Posted by DWilson
I was in my local BB and saw their "exclusive" BD for "The Town" at 14.99. Maybe I wasn't paying attention, but this was new to me. Is this pretty much the same as the pricier second "Collector's" edition of the movie that came out eight months or so after the first edition, but without the physical extras (maps and such)?
This is exactly what is in that box of stuff edition, just not the stuff or the box.
Old 06-08-12, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by whotony
This is exactly what is in that box of stuff edition, just not the stuff or the box.
And no UV code if you're looking for one of those.