Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Amazon $8 Coupon: Cinderella (Three-Disc Diamond Edition: Blu-ray/DVD + Digital Copy)

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Amazon $8 Coupon: Cinderella (Three-Disc Diamond Edition: Blu-ray/DVD + Digital Copy)

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-12, 03:39 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts
Re: Amazon $8 Coupon: Cinderella (Three-Disc Diamond Edition: Blu-ray/DVD + Digital C

Wow, Disney is really rolling out their animated catalog titles this year. I just checked my Gold Box and saw pre-order links for Treasure Planet and Home on the Range for July. We've also got The Aristocats and the double packs for Pocahontas and The Rescuers to look forward to. It's hard to keep up.
Old 04-29-12, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Amazon $8 Coupon: Cinderella (Three-Disc Diamond Edition: Blu-ray/DVD + Digital C

Originally Posted by joe_b
The insert with Lady and the Tramp showed the Pocahontas double pack coming this Summer. I'm not a fan of these DTV sequels and I wish Disney would stop bundling them with the original films on BD.
Disney knows the game and are aware that the demand for their lesser animated films, such as The Fox and the Hound, isn't so large and sticks their DTVs onto them to create the illusion of a premium/bargain package - you're getting two movies in one set - and then tack on a higher price. The bigger animated classics will all probably get released by themselves since they know they'll sell a ton of those.
Old 04-29-12, 08:00 PM

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

^ I figured that was their strategy, but it still sucks. My price point for all these Disney releases is $15, so the raised MSRPs of the 2-film sets makes it harder to acquire them that cheap. Still, I refuse to pay extra for a DTV title I don't want -- even if I could potentially sell the extra disc online.

One the plus side, it will save me money on The Rescuers Down Under. At least that's in the official line and one sequel I would have bought as a standalone release.
Old 04-29-12, 09:37 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

Preorder is in.
Old 04-30-12, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Pre-ordered. So I guess with these Diamond Editions the only difference is the Digital Copy, and that's $5 higher? (I didn't get Lady and the Tramp.) At least the coupon takes the price lower than the two-discer.
Old 04-30-12, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
Pre-ordered. So I guess with these Diamond Editions the only difference is the Digital Copy, and that's $5 higher? (I didn't get Lady and the Tramp.) At least the coupon takes the price lower than the two-discer.
Yup, DC is the only difference. I have the similar version of Lady and the Tramp, and they just toss the DC in there as a third disc.

I pre-ordered this; will see as release approaches if a better deal can be had.
Old 04-30-12, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by Superdaddy
Yup, DC is the only difference. I have the similar version of Lady and the Tramp, and they just toss the DC in there as a third disc.

I pre-ordered this; will see as release approaches if a better deal can be had.
It's interesting because as many ways the various studios have of releasing combo packs, I don't recall seeing a specific value assigned to the Digital Copy alone before. I like the thought of getting it free with the BD/DVD; I like less the idea of paying $5 for the DC. And yes, I know that just buying a digital version of a movie on itunes or amazon would set me back more than $5, but I don't buy those either. I've only bought one digital movie (Serenity).
Old 04-30-12, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 451 Likes on 309 Posts

When you redeem the Disney Movie Rewards code for a title that includes a Digital Copy, you also get a digital copy of the film "forever" in your cloud library at Disney Movies Online:

http://disneymoviesonline.go.com/home

Also, you can sell Disney Digital Copies for decent prices on eBay. Actual prices I have gotten for Disney Digital Copies:

$4.25
$10.50
$8.50
$7.50
$1.99
$5.50
$6.00
Old 05-01-12, 07:55 AM

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

If you enter your code into Disney Movie Rewards for your ponits, can the code be used separately for the digital copy? Or are you essentially redeeming the digital copy when you get your points?
Old 05-01-12, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

The code can be used separately for the digital copy. So you use the same code on iTunes (for example) as you do for the DMR site.
Old 05-01-12, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bluetoast
The code can be used separately for the digital copy. So you use the same code on iTunes (for example) as you do for the DMR site.
I never knew that. I have a bunch of digital copies I could be selling then. I always assumed that when you use the code for DMR, the digital copy must be associated to that account...
Old 05-01-12, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

Just be sure to watch out for the expiration dates. Although Disney is usually good about extending their deadlines, so you shouldn't have a problem for the most part.
Old 05-02-12, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Price is now $29.99 before the coupon.
Old 05-02-12, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
Price is now $29.99 before the coupon.
Bought in at this price. I hope it keeps going down.
Old 05-02-12, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I went for it too and added THE NIGHT OF THE GENERALS in order to get it shipped free, but they would not let me get that shipped earlier and still qualify for free shipping. I had to group my items together in one shipment all the way in October. Not sure I have encountered that before, but I don't do a lot of pre-ordering so maybe that's it. ???
Old 05-02-12, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 744 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
I went for it too and added THE NIGHT OF THE GENERALS in order to get it shipped free, but they would not let me get that shipped earlier and still qualify for free shipping. I had to group my items together in one shipment all the way in October. Not sure I have encountered that before, but I don't do a lot of pre-ordering so maybe that's it. ???
1. You shouldn't have needed to add anything to get super saver shipping. I thought they usually caluclate SSS against the before coupon price.

2. I have done what you did before, and even though I had to put everything in one shipment, they still shipped me the stuff that was available now early
Old 05-02-12, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

I actually had items held with my Titanic pre-order... I ordered them with it.. not to get Titanic with free shipping, but to get the other not over $25 together items for free shipping.. well... that was weeks ago.. they seemed to be holding it all until October.. so I canceled the extra items.. and re-ordered them with something else I decided to buy.. in essence getting the Free SSS and not having to wait until October..
Old 05-02-12, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Found it in my Gold Box today, sweet! $20.49, after SSS, coupon, and gold box discount.

I assume the Gold Box discount decreases accordingly (to remain steady at 5%) as the preorder price continues to fall?
Old 05-02-12, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Todd B.
Found it in my Gold Box today, sweet! $20.49, after SSS, coupon, and gold box discount.

I assume the Gold Box discount decreases accordingly (to remain steady at 5%) as the preorder price continues to fall?
Yes, it does. It'll be 5% of whatever the price is when it ships.
Old 05-02-12, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Todd B.
Sweet, me too! The coupon expires soon, so I'm glad this happened in time...
Old 05-02-12, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by b2net
I actually had items held with my Titanic pre-order... I ordered them with it.. not to get Titanic with free shipping, but to get the other not over $25 together items for free shipping.. well... that was weeks ago.. they seemed to be holding it all until October.. so I canceled the extra items.. and re-ordered them with something else I decided to buy.. in essence getting the Free SSS and not having to wait until October..
They probably would have shipped before October. I had 2 items ordered with a June pre-order. They just shipped out this week, in the same box with another order I had placed. Amazon sometimes is smart and combines orders for the Free Super-Saver Shipping. But they are dumb when it comes to the money they waste with Prime, when they could easily combine some of those orders.
Old 05-03-12, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The coupon expires today, so make sure you get your orders in if you were waiting!
Old 05-03-12, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Todd, thanks for the reminder. I just placed my pre-order with the coupon applied.
Old 05-04-12, 12:41 AM

Saw Disney Movie Club is offering Trilogy Box set of Cinderella on BLU
Old 05-04-12, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Chop2Chip10
Saw Disney Movie Club is offering Trilogy Box set of Cinderella on BLU
Amazon has it as well, but the coupon didn't work with it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.