Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

[Dead] Deep Discount $5 coupon code

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-12, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: [Dead] Deep Discount $5 coupon code

People are having alot of issues I guess. I've never had any big issues with DD. A couple of times something I ordered was on backorder long enough for me to find it at a lower or comparable price elsewhere and twice I wasn't able to cancel before shipment, bit both times I did "refused - return to sender" without a problem.
Anyway, back to this coupon sale. I did 8 orders - all on the same address using different cards between me and my wife. They all went rhrough and I've received 5 so far without any problem, 1 is on its way and 2 are on backorder.
Old 04-12-12, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I used them for nearly a decade and never had issues until early this year. When I did have issues, they all hit at once. Unlike HME, they communicate but instead of one person simply being incompetent, you have a whole team that doesn't have a clue.
Old 04-12-12, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hme?
Old 04-12-12, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by sotra
Hme?
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bar...-shipping.html
Old 04-12-12, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by sotra
Hme?
Horror Movie Empire, an online company whom defrauded many customers in a sale during Christmas this past year.
Old 04-13-12, 07:08 AM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
got all 3 of my orders (2 BD and 1 DVD) from 3 separate CC's and 3 different accounts (that I already had).

Maybe I'm just lucky.
I went the same way and never had any problems, although I am waiting on the 3rd ('Training Day') which shipped Wednesday because it was initially out of stock.

Both 'Hostage' and 'Rounders' arrived within a week of being shipped
Old 04-17-12, 08:20 AM

I emailed this morning about my empty-case replacement, and hey, it turns out that the CS person I spoke to on the phone never sent a replacement shipment and/or mailing label. So I finally have a label, and they will ship a replacement 5-10 days after they receive my empty case.

Officially done with Deep Discount after this.
Old 04-17-12, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dj_orinj_joos
I emailed this morning about my empty-case replacement, and hey, it turns out that the CS person I spoke to on the phone never sent a replacement shipment and/or mailing label. So I finally have a label, and they will ship a replacement 5-10 days after they receive my empty case.

Officially done with Deep Discount after this.
I had a package, over a month ago, decide to take a detour and go back to their warehouse. I was already in contact with the Sales Support Supervisor about all my other issues and she said she'd fedex a new one out to me and that I should get it by Friday.

Friday comes and I get it. Problem was that it was last Friday. They did do a fedex 2 day shipment last week. I guess I was a fool for assuming she meant the upcoming Friday from over a month ago.

I responded back to her about it, including the tracking but haven't heard back. Even if she did respond back, there's no reason I should shop there again.
Old 04-17-12, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dj_orinj_joos
So I finally have a label, and they will ship a replacement 5-10 days after they receive my empty case.
Be prepared for them to say they never received your package.
Old 04-17-12, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone receive Road to Perdition from this $5 promo? It's the only title I haven't received, but it wasn't canceled to my knowledge...
Old 04-18-12, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Anyone receive Road to Perdition from this $5 promo? It's the only title I haven't received, but it wasn't canceled to my knowledge...
I got it last week. Did you get a shipping notice? Because they've been canceling without emailing or telling customers. I got my other order canceled and it was the item I wanted the most too.

You might have to call or email them to see what's going on.
Old 04-18-12, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

The couple orders I placed with the coupon in different accounts all show open. I didn't receive confirmation emails when I ordered but the orders still are there. Of course that means nothing. I see other much older orders that were fulfilled and still show open.

It's like I've said before and exactly as I knew would happen... once you place an order with DD you don't know if you'll ever get it and probably never can cancel it. However, for the ones I bought I seriously doubt they will be on sale any time soon anywhere else near those prices, so if I get them cool. If not, it's normalcy for DD. The 5 minute rule is good... never spend more than 5 minutes placing an order with them because chances are good you'll be wasting your time. In fact, ordering from DD almost feels like playing the lottery. You never know if you'll win. The downside is that it could be weeks, months, or years and someday your order might show up at your doorstep when you least expect it. That's why I rarely order anything more than $5 so if I get stuck with an extra copy someday, I can use it as a cheap gift to someone.
Old 04-18-12, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by sleepyhead55
I got it last week. Did you get a shipping notice? Because they've been canceling without emailing or telling customers. I got my other order canceled and it was the item I wanted the most too.

You might have to call or email them to see what's going on.
The downfall of trying to sneak in multiple orders combined with how DD operates.

I got my order last week. Only took a few weeks but it is like playing the lotto.

You also can't rely on the order status on your order history page. I have 26 orders that all say Open even though a bunch were cancelled and a few shipped. Based on previous experience, if you pay with paypal for items that aren't in stock, while you can see the order on your order page, customer service can't look it up on their end. You end up having to either forward your confirmation email, which in this case more often than not, never comes. When that happens you need to type out what you bought and send it to them.

If they keep going like this, I can't see them existing by the end of the year unless someone else buys them.
Old 04-18-12, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Yep, early last week. But I didn't place multiple orders either.
Old 04-19-12, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Interesting. I was aware that DD often shipped stuff without sending emails and I know I've ordered stuff without getting a confirmation email, but I didn't know they sometimes cancel orders without sending an email either AND and that those canceled orders would still show as Open on the order status page FOREVER. I know DD was bad, but I didn't know they were THAT bad.

So, do we all have to send an email to find out if our order is still there (and will doing so get them to scrutinize for other orders in other accounts if they missed any)? I suppose (knowing how slow they are from past experience) I should give them a few more weeks before emailing... it hasn't been a month yet and I seem to recall 1-2 months was a more typical time for slow-as-molasses DD.

By all rights I agree with Mister Peepers that DD shouldn't survive much longer if they keep doing this, but they've survived a long time and lots of other companies inexplicably survive, so who knows. My favorite example is Office Max. Except once in a blue moon clearance items I never find anything cheaper there than at Staples. I seriously buy from Office Max once per year on the free backpack week and then once more to use up those Rewards. The rest of the year their ads are jokes.
Old 04-22-12, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just looked at my orders on their site and they changed the status from Pending to CANCELLED.

I guess no Tinker blu ray for me.....next time i guess i should just order a lesser priced/older item, than something that was just released.
Old 04-23-12, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Or just use the coupon once, as it was intended.
Old 04-23-12, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
Or just use the coupon once, as it was intended.
I DID !, that was the only thing I ordered !!!!!!....why do you guys always think everybody is always scamming everyone?

What is odd is that they never charged my CC, so I don't think they ever were going to honor this transaction....maybe because it was newer
title and they were taking a loss on it ?...my cost would have been $13.99 ....I have yet to see this blu below $19.99.

I wonder if they would still honor the $5 off coupon to me since they cancelled my order?

Last edited by Drake; 04-23-12 at 12:42 PM.
Old 04-23-12, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I saw you ordered a few things and didn't know it was in just one order, sorry. There was people using it multiple times and getting cancelled.

They don't charge until they ship.

The coupon expired over 3 weeks ago plus their customer service is completely inept. Even if they said that if you do an order and they'll take $5 off on their end, I wouldn't trust it to actually happen that easily, if at all.
Old 04-23-12, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I saw you ordered a few things and didn't know it was in just one order, sorry. There was people using it multiple times and getting cancelled.

They don't charge until they ship.

The coupon expired over 3 weeks ago plus their customer service is completely inept. Even if they said that if you do an order and they'll take $5 off on their end, I wouldn't trust it to actually happen that easily, if at all.
On April 9th, I ordered 2 blu's from DD for $18 and I went thru google checkout (cause for some reason I couldn't checkout thru their site,sometimes that happens for me.) and I was charged for them and have yet to see them ???....and it's been 14 days !
And in my order history, it doesn't even show up!!....so I guess if you use Google Checkout you will be charged in advance.

Arrrggghhhh....I think I'am done with these guys.
Old 04-23-12, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The lead customer service support lady posts on their facebook page. You could try posting there and she might work with you. I had a faster response but didn't get any better service. It seems like they have bigger issues than what she can handle.
Old 04-23-12, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The lead customer service support lady posts on their facebook page. You could try posting there and she might work with you. I had a faster response but didn't get any better service. It seems like they have bigger issues than what she can handle.
DD seriously needs to get their act together as it just seems the best way to reach these people would be through their Facebook page. That's how i had to end up taking care of one of my orders from them and believe me, they're no bargain on the prices neither. The way they package stuff as well is also a mystery as they glue the plastic of the DVD set and vacuum-seal it to the packaging and when you try to remove the film, it tears off the DVD's plastic.
Old 04-23-12, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 208 Likes on 130 Posts

Hard to believe this is the same store that we used to get so excited about twice a year. Remember the posts asking about the next 20% sale? Sigh.

I ordered The Last Temptation of Christ on Blu with the $5 discount, got it after a long wait in that awful clinging plastic wrap.

Barring any miracles, I'm done with DD and giving Amazon all my online business from now on.
Old 04-23-12, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Gobear
Hard to believe this is the same store that we used to get so excited about twice a year. Remember the posts asking about the next 20% sale? Sigh.
And people were told to stop asking because when it was announced, we would be told. Also had our own special coupon code to go with it.
Old 04-23-12, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And people were told to stop asking because when it was announced, we would be told. Also had our own special coupon code to go with it.
Was it really that long ago? When did those stop. That was the last time before this that I ordered from them.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.