Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

[Dead] Deep Discount $5 coupon code

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

[Dead] Deep Discount $5 coupon code

Old 04-06-12, 02:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: [Dead] Deep Discount $5 coupon code

My lone item shipped on Saturday and got here on Wednesday using standard shipping. Considering it went from CA-NY, that's not bad at all.
Old 04-06-12, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My order was shipped out on Saturday and still hasn't arrived. I checked the tracking and it went from CA to MI (and I live in MO) and was labeled "missent." Now I have no idea when (or if) I will get my order
Old 04-06-12, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by doraemon10
There is some quality customer support. Thanks guys! I will now take this up with the credit card company.
Are you sure you were charged? The last time I canceled something from them over the phone, they DID cancel the order. The website showed canceled. But I received the order anyway, and was never charged. I did the right thing and called them, but they were clueless and just told me to keep it. It was only an $8 or so title... The problem is they have 2 different computer systems, and they don't link up to each other very well. That's why the online system rarely shows the true status of the order...
I think I received all of my orders now. Thanks for my parents and sister, I was able to get:
Wallace & Gromit World of Inventions
Reindeer Games
13 Ghosts/House of Wax (arrived a floater though)
Copland
Old 04-06-12, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I ordered last Thursday, it was shipped Saturday and arrived Wednesday. Not bad.
Old 04-06-12, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Are you sure you were charged? The last time I canceled something from them over the phone, they DID cancel the order. The website showed canceled. But I received the order anyway, and was never charged. I did the right thing and called them, but they were clueless and just told me to keep it. It was only an $8 or so title... The problem is they have 2 different computer systems, and they don't link up to each other very well. That's why the online system rarely shows the true status of the order...
I think I received all of my orders now. Thanks for my parents and sister, I was able to get:
Wallace & Gromit World of Inventions
Reindeer Games
13 Ghosts/House of Wax (arrived a floater though)
Copland
Yeah I was charged. It went from pending to sale on my credit card. BTW, how does Reindeer Games look, I was interested in getting it but heard some bad things about the transfer.
Old 04-06-12, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I received Who's Minding the Store? roughly a week after ordering it, but Lady for a Day still hasn't shipped. It's currently listed as out of stock, though it was listed as in-stock for several days. I have no idea why I wasn't sent one of the in-stock copies. The price has gone down $3 since I placed my order, though I'm wary of emailing or calling DD about a price adjustment, as doing so would likely (and I only say likely, as they seem to be one of the most incompetent etailers around) alert them to the multiple uses of the coupon.
Old 04-06-12, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by NoirFan
I received Who's Minding the Store? roughly a week after ordering it, but Lady for a Day still hasn't shipped. It's currently listed as out of stock, though it was listed as in-stock for several days. I have no idea why I wasn't sent one of the in-stock copies. The price has gone down $3 since I placed my order, though I'm wary of emailing or calling DD about a price adjustment, as doing so would likely (and I only say likely, as they seem to be one of the most incompetent etailers around) alert them to the multiple uses of the coupon.
I haven't received my copy of LADY FOR A DAY yet either. But how could they adjust the price if it went down AFTER the coupon had already expired?
Old 04-06-12, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They did it back when there was a sale on Last Temptation of Christ where you used a coupon code to get the sale price. Then they had it as a deal of the day. People shot them an email, myself included, and they reduced the price.
Old 04-06-12, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I ordered Salon Kitty on 3/30/12 got shipping notice on Sunday and it arrived Wednesday.
Old 04-06-12, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love how people in NY are getting theirs when I live in California and I'm still waiting.
Old 04-06-12, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mcfly
I love how people in NY are getting theirs when I live in California and I'm still waiting.
They may be based in CA but I don't think they ship everything or anything from there.
Old 04-06-12, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got half of my order today (1 item of 2 with the other one listed as OOS). It was sent in a plastic bag that was so closely wrapped that it almost seemed shrinkwrapped. Despite this, the disc seems okay.
Old 04-07-12, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by jwstl
They may be based in CA but I don't think they ship everything or anything from there.
They ship from there. You normally get a tracking number and I always watch the stuff go from CA to WA and then back to OR, where I'm at.
Old 04-07-12, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got my Blu-ray today. Shows how useless their customer service is, though. I paid with PayPal and for some reason my apartment number was cut off when I made the order. I e-mailed customer service and notified them, and they replied that it was fixed.

When I looked at the address on the package, they still omitted the apartment number. And I live in a rather large complex. The only reason the package wasn't returned to them is because the mailman that delivered today knew my face and handed it to me.

Last time I order from them.
Old 04-10-12, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got The Organizer today. Didn't realize this wasn't supposed to be released for 2 more weeks.
Old 04-11-12, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
I haven't received my copy of LADY FOR A DAY yet either.
Has yours arrived? I was charged for mine on 4/2, but nothing since then. Of course, their website is entirely useless, so I have no way of knowing what the current status of my order is.

Edit: I went ahead and sent them an email. If they cancel the order, I can always get it from Amazon for $14.99.

Last edited by NoirFan; 04-11-12 at 08:22 PM.
Old 04-12-12, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They cancelled my order, they claimed some issue with my credit card. I placed an order not too long ago with them using the same card with no problem.

They never bothered emailing me a cancellation notice, I had to email them to find out what was going on with my order.
Old 04-12-12, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by NoirFan
I went ahead and sent them an email. If they cancel the order, I can always get it from Amazon for $14.99.
Typical - they had already cancelled the order, but never sent me an email or even changed the order status. It still says OPEN.
Old 04-12-12, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I ordered Tinker,Tailor,Soldier,Spy (Oldman) blu ray and it still says open , but
I can't even find a listing of it on their site ???....they list the DVD ,but not the Blu ?...weird.
Old 04-12-12, 12:55 PM

did anybody else order the goonies bluray from the sale? they had the nerve to tell me it was discontinued and that's why it hasn't shipped.
Old 04-12-12, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Drake
I ordered Tinker,Tailor,Soldier,Spy (Oldman) blu ray and it still says open , but
I can't even find a listing of it on their site ???....they list the DVD ,but not the Blu ?...weird.
http://www.deepdiscount.com/bluray/O...LDIER-SPY-2011

(they also list the 70's version on BR as well)
Old 04-12-12, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Randy Miller III
http://www.deepdiscount.com/bluray/O...LDIER-SPY-2011

(they also list the 70's version on BR as well)
Wow, thanks ,I searched and only the dvd showed up ..huh.......well, it's in Stock so why am I still waiting for a shipment ?
Old 04-12-12, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Novasonic
did anybody else order the goonies bluray from the sale? they had the nerve to tell me it was discontinued and that's why it hasn't shipped.
Not that title, but I got the same response(discontinued).

Emailed them back(again) letting them know that they are incorrect and they told me they checked and saw that the title was NOT in fact discontinued and they did not know why my order was canceled. Was told to reorder but no mention of $5 cpn.
Old 04-12-12, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yes, NOIRFAN, I finally got my LADY FOR A DAY a couple of days ago. I guess I'm lucky I got the two Blus I ordered using the coupon.

This thread is starting to read like the HME thread....
Old 04-12-12, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Drake
Wow, thanks ,I searched and only the dvd showed up ..huh.......well, it's in Stock so why am I still waiting for a shipment ?
In stock on their site doesn't mean anything. You have to email and ask for a real answer. Even then they won't update it to being out of stock. I can bring up a list of over a dozen movies I tried ordering in February that were listed in stock. When I got around to asking why I'm not getting them, they said they weren't in stock and they weren't getting anymore. Yet here we are in April and they haven't updated the site.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.