DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Watchmen Ultimate Cut - Back in Stock at WBShop.com (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/600161-watchmen-ultimate-cut-back-stock-wbshop-com.html)

punit 03-26-12 11:51 AM

Watchmen Ultimate Cut - Back in Stock at WBShop.com

http://www.wbshop.com/product/watchm...ks&from=Search

Price: $47.95

Login to Insider Rewards for additional 10% off + Free shipping

izatright 03-26-12 01:48 PM

Re: Watchmen Ultimate Cut - Back in Stock at WBShop.com

Tried to buy one, but it didn't process. Looked at my bank account and noticed they put a hold in the amount. So now I have to wait for that to drop off. That's one of the things I've always hated about WBshop. This is like the 9th time this has happened to me.

izatright 03-26-12 01:51 PM

Never mind the previous post. It took the order, but failed to tell me that. And, due to the delay in updating my account's order status, I ordered another one. Both went through. What a pain.

Obi-Wanma 03-26-12 02:17 PM

As much as I would like this, I still can't justify paying that much for one movie.

Brent L 03-26-12 03:42 PM

I just placed the order for one and it said they can't take the order and to call.

ProfessorEcho 03-26-12 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni (Post 11167237)
As much as I would like this, I still can't justify paying that much for one movie.

Same. I got the SD ULTIMATE for $12 new and that will suffice. Nearly $50 for a single movie is crazy, but it would be nice if this restock knocked some of the more outrageous resellers out of the running. I'm not against a healthy profit, but some resellers just go overboard with OOP stuff.

Brent L 03-26-12 04:07 PM

I just called to order and they told me they didn't have any in stock.

DirkBelig 03-26-12 04:56 PM

Could've mentioned that it was $47.95 before discounts in the OP. Just saying.

I liked Watchmen, but not a Grant's worth. I'm holding off on the Japanese Proto-Hunger Games Complete Edition for $18, so the heck am I going for this.

kenbenobi 03-26-12 05:40 PM

^ Anybody can sign up for Insider Rewards and get the discount. Only takes a few seconds... But yeah, he coulda mentioned the price. I'm just happy for the post. I hope this comes through...

Swiski 03-26-12 06:25 PM

This sounds too good to be true, considering this title is long OOP. Hopefully our orders will be fulfilled.

JAYARE 03-26-12 06:31 PM

in for one even though it will probably get canceled.

iNCREDiPiNOY 03-26-12 07:05 PM

Ordered. Thanks OP!

izatright 03-26-12 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by hariseldon (Post 11167599)
I was under the impression that was SOP for debit cards as well -- real money holds at gas stations for $50 or 75 until the actual charge goes through and those funds are unavailable for use at all.

For debit, at least with my account, they're real until they drop off. The bank assumes the amount, in this case the full amount of the item, is actual and holds the money aside to avoid overdrafts. It'll drop off in a week, as you said, but until then the money is held aside unless the business contacts them and tells them to drop it.

But, as I wrote just under my initial post, the order went through. Despite the notice that popped up and said it didn't work, and that I should call an agent, I got an email saying it was received. Since I didn't see that until the second order went through, I presume that means I got two orders. :/

This will all probably be a cluster-cuss. The agent mentioned above said it's out of stock and, unless this was somehow warehoused in some secret installation and WBshop just learned of its location, these are truly all gone. Although, sometimes the agents don't know what the heck they're talking about. So it's possible...

DVD Polizei 03-26-12 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho (Post 11167368)
Same. I got the SD ULTIMATE for $12 new and that will suffice. Nearly $50 for a single movie is crazy, but it would be nice if this restock knocked some of the more outrageous resellers out of the running. I'm not against a healthy profit, but some resellers just go overboard with OOP stuff.

Maybe that's what WB is trying to cash-in on. This is a highly sought-after release with virtually every copy being sold in a short period of time.

We'll see what happens. :up:

This is probably the only Blu-ray I was willing to pay a considerable amount for.

punit 03-26-12 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi (Post 11167541)
But yeah, he coulda mentioned the price.

Done :) but seems that product no longer appears on the web-site.

Subgeniusguy 03-26-12 08:35 PM

Gone now. I ordered one earlier. Thanks OP. Probably won't get it but gave it a shot.

kenbenobi 03-26-12 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by punit (Post 11167759)
Done :) but seems that product no longer appears on the web-site.

And now, we wait...

izatright 03-26-12 11:47 PM

Last time they had this in stock, but not really, it took four months to ship. Not kidding.

kenbenobi 03-27-12 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by izatright (Post 11168007)
Last time they had this in stock, but not really, it took four months to ship. Not kidding.

Izat right? (couldn't resist the perfect response)

xage 03-28-12 12:09 PM

http://i491.photobucket.com/albums/r...e02/WM_UE4.jpg

izatright 03-28-12 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi (Post 11168222)
Izat right? (couldn't resist the perfect response)

Use as often as you like. I stole it from a Lobo comic back in the 90's, I think. :D

OldBoy 03-28-12 01:39 PM

i actually bought this on eBay, saw it, was indifferent to the cut, knew i would nver watch it again and returned it unharmed within 7 days. i am so glad i didn't pay for this. such a waste at any price.

bellevuecoug 03-28-12 02:29 PM

Anyone get any feedback yet on orders? Mine still says 'processing' and the money has been held on my CC. Not holdng my breath, but it would be nice to know either way.

whotony 03-28-12 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by scott1598 (Post 11170235)
i actually bought this on eBay, saw it, was indifferent to the cut, knew i would nver watch it again and returned it unharmed within 7 days. i am so glad i didn't pay for this. such a waste at any price.

You bought this from someone on eBay, watched it and returned it?
That's kind of a scummy move.

OldBoy 03-29-12 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by whotony (Post 11170509)
You bought this from someone on eBay, watched it and returned it?
That's kind of a scummy move.

the condition of the set was not exactly as described either and i couldn't live with such a set. they took it back no problem and i am sure resold.