Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Best Buy "Clash of the Titans 3D" W/Movie Money?

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-12, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you picked up the 3D version could you post your SKU# I hope it is: SKU: 4852666??

As the online "Help" '''NOT''' is saying the online store will ship only the 2D single disc and the web site / print advert listing the 3D Combo Pack is an error... but since I placed my order this morning they have lowered the price of the 3D listing W/No Movie Money with a different SKU: 1471786 from almost $45.00 to $14.99??

David
Old 03-28-12, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Best Buy "Clash of the Titans 3D" W/Movie Money?

deceptive advertisement on their weekly ad
Old 03-28-12, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw this in the theater. IMO, it is the worst 3-D movie I've seen (purely talking about the 3D aspect). It was a 3D conversion, and it was not good. I suppose if it is cheap and contains moviecash, then it is a decent deal. Otherwise, 2D is sufficient for this movie.
Old 03-28-12, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I saw this in the theater. IMO, it is the worst 3-D movie I've seen (purely talking about the 3D aspect). It was a 3D conversion, and it was not good. I suppose if it is cheap and contains moviecash, then it is a decent deal. Otherwise, 2D is sufficient for this movie.
I'm pretty sure most, if not all, of the individuals interested in 3D releases are quite aware of "Clash" being one of the worst examples of 3D conversion... imo, the Harry Potter Deathly Hallows films (especially the non-theatrically released "Part 1") are on about the same level. It was done incredibly quickly and it shows.

I hate to break it to you, but the movie cash isn't included with the 3D version. According to the BB website it's also currently going for $39.99... one of the biggest ripoffs I've ever seen. *DISGUSTING!* (and I see that it's $35.99 on Amazon... ewww)
Old 03-29-12, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I bought the 3D version before I had time to read the reviews or saw these last posts (they came afterwards). I guess I'll be returning my unopened Clash of the Titans 3D. So, Harry Potter DH 1 Part has bad 3D too?

What about Harry Potter DH Part 2 in 3D? Supposedly that's on sale next week for $9.99, and it's probably a good 3D version since this Monday I bought the 2D BD version used from Blockbuster (i.e. all sales final) for $5.

I couldn't even attempt to trade that in to FYE unless I printed out a new color cover which is difficult since I don't have a color printer at home and my work has forbidden all flash drives at work and blocks those cover sites (my work also blocks DVD Talk which is on their evil list... surprisingly Slickdeals is not).
Old 03-31-12, 08:47 PM

I haven't watched all the way through Part 1 in 3D, but what I did see didn't seem to have much of a noticeable 3D effect at all. Maybe it's more pronounced and well done later in the film, but the beginning left me disappointed. I'll definitely have to take that disc off the shelf again sometime soon.

Part 2 is better, but still not "great"... it does have a few moments that work very well in 3D, but I've only seen it in the theater and haven't checked out what it's like on Blu-ray yet. If I get around to watching both Blu-ray discs within the next few days, I'll make sure to post my final thoughts.
Old 04-01-12, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by DEC29111
If you picked up the 3D version could you post your SKU# I hope it is: SKU: 4852666??

As the online "Help" '''NOT''' is saying the online store will ship only the 2D single disc and the web site / print advert listing the 3D Combo Pack is an error... but since I placed my order this morning they have lowered the price of the 3D listing W/No Movie Money with a different SKU: 1471786 from almost $45.00 to $14.99??

David
I received the package for "Best Buy" online and it was NOT the 3D!
I have the screen's and original adds so off to the local store I go..

avid
Old 04-01-12, 12:41 AM

PS: I know the 3D was not good... but with them shooting movie's 2 & 3 together using real 3D cameras, the they get released I should have all three on 3D at that time.
Old 04-02-12, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by larrythefatcat
I'm pretty sure most, if not all, of the individuals interested in 3D releases are quite aware of "Clash" being one of the worst examples of 3D conversion... imo, the Harry Potter Deathly Hallows films (especially the non-theatrically released "Part 1") are on about the same level. It was done incredibly quickly and it shows.

I hate to break it to you, but the movie cash isn't included with the 3D version. According to the BB website it's also currently going for $39.99... one of the biggest ripoffs I've ever seen. *DISGUSTING!* (and I see that it's $35.99 on Amazon... ewww)

Part 2 on 3D, we watched it about 3 weeks ago. I would have to say they shot the person doing the 3D on that movie and replaced the person. After Harry died, it was all good.