Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

$5 Coupon for The Muppets Wokka Wokka value pack (DMR membership required)

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

$5 Coupon for The Muppets Wokka Wokka value pack (DMR membership required)

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-12, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: $5 Coupon for The Muppets Wokka Wokka value pack (DMR membership required)

Originally Posted by Schloob1
Price for the Muppets 3 disc is going to be $27.99 before coupon, so while $3 more the give-away that comes with it appears to be the best in my opinion. They are giving away a 22x28 3D poster with it. If it is anyway the same quality that The Lion King poster was than is a sweet buy. Now if they only have some pre-order for a new movie to help reduce the price that would be great to know? Will definitely keep my pre-order. Not sure the below link will come up for you guys but I found it by way of the ad online avaialbale now through their website. It's on page 7 at the bottom.

http://toysrus.shoplocal.com/toysrus...-this-weeks-ad
Saw this too ... though with the pre-order, I consider that this is going to cost $17.99 ($5 coupon plus $5 pre-order). The $5 pre-order was essentially free, if you used it to purchase another Disney BD, since you got $10 off that order.

This is my opinion and I am sure it could be technically debated.
Old 03-18-12, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by flix1
Saw this too ... though with the pre-order, I consider that this is going to cost $17.99 ($5 coupon plus $5 pre-order). The $5 pre-order was essentially free, if you used it to purchase another Disney BD, since you got $10 off that order.

This is my opinion and I am sure it could be technically debated.
It all depends on how you take it. When I pre-ordered it with Lady & the Tramp, I took my price for LatT to be with $5 off, not knowing if I would pick up Muppets or not. So in my mind, I will get another $5 off of Muppets. Though some would say you could just return the pre-order, but I never like doing that since I got the discount on LatT (I still have Cars 2 pre-order slips that I never used). To me, $17.99 is a little more than I was hoping to pay, but that still seems to be the cheapest that I see. It would be nice if TRU was doing another pre-order, but I haven't seen or heard of one. There's nothing on their website, that I could see, and they usually list them if you search for Disney blu-rays (right now, they have Muppets listed). Things could change by Tuesday, but I doubt it. I'm not even sure what pre-order it could be, anyway.
Old 03-18-12, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by achau9598
Is there more than one size? The BB website only lists one steelbook.
I didn't pay attention whenever the steelbook preorder was first announced, so I don't know. I just know that in store they could only find the DVD sized steelbook shown on the website.

Since BB has had both sizes of steelbooks in the past for other movie preorders, and a lot of DVD Talkers seem happy they bought the steelbook, I have to assume it was a BD size steelbook. Otherwise some of them wouldn't be so happy having a DVD sized steelbook next to all their BD sized cases. I have adjustable shelves so I lowered all of my shelves a peg so they just fit BD cases... I couldn't put a DVD case on those shelves if I wanted to. So a DVD steelbook for a BD has no value to me. Maybe it has value on eBay but I never have time to mess with that for a small profit.

I also noticed The Muppets BD set with digital copy (which has 0 value to me) says the CD soundtrack is downloadable. That's disappointing. I assumed the audio files would be included on the digital copy (like Disney did for The Lion King from Target).

Does anyone know how The Muppets downloadable CD soundtrack will work? Do you have to create an account somewhere and download through that site? Most importantly, do the files have DRM or can they be played on any computer without an Internet connection?
Old 03-18-12, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Best Buy also had Fast and the Furious and Jurassic Park exclusive steelbooks that only came in the dvd size.
Old 03-18-12, 02:45 PM

I checked the steelbook that was sitting in my local BB today, and it was a BD sized case. I didn't get one, since I'm buying at TRU and don't care about the steelbook, but it seems like some of you are wondering.
Old 03-18-12, 03:36 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SI78
I posted this in the DVD forum, but I can't get this to print. The coupon application is trying to send it to a wireless printer that I haven't had in two years. I have a new printer which is installed, attached to the computer, and set as default. I have exhausted my two attempts at printing the coupon. If anyone has any ideas, let me know.
I'm having problems getting it to print too. I hit print, and the page sailed through my printer without printing anything. After several tries, I started getting a "Sorry, this coupon has already been printed the number of times allowed" message. Has this happened to anyone else?
Does anyone have a link to scan of the actual coupon?
Thanks!
Old 03-18-12, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana
I didn't pay attention whenever the steelbook preorder was first announced, so I don't know. I just know that in store they could only find the DVD sized steelbook shown on the website.
Although the website lists DVD, all The Muppets pre-order steel cases are only Blu-ray-sized. It did not come in a DVD-sized case. You might want to go back to the store and try to grab it.
Old 03-18-12, 05:04 PM
bse
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hopefully I can get the Best Buy lunchbox, would look good in my sons room, although the ad states min. 2 per store, doesn't sound to good.
Old 03-18-12, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 599 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by bse
Hopefully I can get the Best Buy lunchbox, would look good in my sons room, although the ad states min. 2 per store, doesn't sound to good.
Min means probably more that 2.
Old 03-18-12, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by snausages
Although the website lists DVD, all The Muppets pre-order steel cases are only Blu-ray-sized. It did not come in a DVD-sized case. You might want to go back to the store and try to grab it.
Thanks for the info. I guess I should've asked for them to bring the steelbook from where they had it hidden in the back, but I (and the employee) went by the words which said DVD and assumed it was DVD sized. I found out they had 6 lunchbox versions for Tuesday (unless they get more) and the employee put my name on 1 of them for Tuesday just in case I decide to get it.

I don't know if I'll make it to BB on Monday just to preorder to get the steelbook when I was already there and didn't get it on Friday. I suppose I could attempt to phone in an order, but it's a lot of work just for a steelbook. I've passed on so many free steelbook deals before because even though they look cool they didn't justify a lot of extra effort.

We'll see what happens. I'm still on the fence. At first I thought the BB lunch box version doesn't include the CD soundtrack download, but it does. It's basically $3 more at BB than Target for a tiny lunchbox and you give up a 6 episode Muppets sampler.

I'd still like to know the details of the CD soundtrack download, but I'm guessing nobody knows because (1) it isn't out yet and (2) studios just love to keep useful details like that secret. Such info only comes to light when somebody actually tries it. If I worked at a studio, I'd publish useful info like that in the press release announcement. I often think the people who do this type of work at studios (including picking artwork covers or what info they put on the case) don't care much about us movie buyers. They probably get all their movies for free from the studio as a perk, and I hear lots of times double/triple dips are planned in advance. So why think they'd provide enough useful info? It's the rare thing when a studio tells you ahead of time they'll come out with an enhance set like they did for LOTR, Avatar, and Transformers 3.
Old 03-18-12, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mickactual
I'm having problems getting it to print too. I hit print, and the page sailed through my printer without printing anything. After several tries, I started getting a "Sorry, this coupon has already been printed the number of times allowed" message. Has this happened to anyone else?
Does anyone have a link to scan of the actual coupon?
Thanks!
This happened to me as I posted earlier when they changed something that rendered Windows 2000 unable to print the coupon, so I lost both of my coupons in 1 DMR account. I moved to XP and was able to print from another account. The only way you'll be able to print more is to try another computer AND another DMR account. A different DMR account on the same computer won't work. AFAIK, you can make another DMR account if you have to?

I've suggested anyone with coupon trouble go to coupons.com first and keep trying to print coupons from that site that you don't care about until you get it to work (i.e. "practice"). Then go to DMR and print your Muppets coupons. You only get 2 shots per account.

Nobody will post a scan because it has their coupon printer unique ID and IP address linked to each coupon, and they know if people abuse the coupon they could get their door kicked down at 4 AM and be hauled off.
Old 03-18-12, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by whotony
Min means probably more that 2.
Ok, so 3 Someone mentioned it here or anotherwebsite but when they had lunchboxes for Bambi I believe most of the stores only had 4. If you are not waiting there at opening yo0u will probably miss out on the lunchbox.
Old 03-19-12, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Am I the only one who recieved an email from TRU saying that my local store had not yet received their shipment of the Muppets movie that I preordered? The email said they would email me again when it was ready for pickup so it sounds like they might not even have the Wokka Wokka edition of the movie tomorrow.

"We wanted to inform you that we have not yet received inventory on your MUPPETS 3 DISC BD COMBO PK pre-order which was expected in-store on March 20th, 2012. We will send you a follow-up email once this item is available and ready for pickup. "
Old 03-19-12, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ Yeah, I got that too. I figured it meant that they don't have them for sale YET, but will on 3/20. So I'm not worried about it. Actually, I'm probably going to return the TRU preorder anyway...
Old 03-19-12, 01:17 PM

[QUOTE=Schloob1;11156571]Price for the Muppets 3 disc is going to be $27.99 before coupon, so while $3 more the give-away that comes with it appears to be the best in my opinion. They are giving away a 22x28 3D poster with it. If it is anyway the same quality that The Lion King poster was than is a sweet buy. Now if they only have some pre-order for a new movie to help reduce the price that would be great to know? Will definitely keep my pre-order. Not sure the below link will come up for you guys but I found it by way of the ad online available now through their website. It's on page 7 at the bottom.

---------
I agree the 3D poster looks good. ( I liked the 3D Lion king poster). With the TRUS pre-order that be would the way to go. I have other steelbooks sitting in a drawer, don't care much for lunch box.

I wish Disney had $10 or at least $8 coupon like the good ol'days. But may be these are signs of things to come.
Old 03-19-12, 06:42 PM

That email came last time I preordered. I don't think their system is very good. I'd expect them to have plenty of these tomorrow. At least I hope so.
Old 03-19-12, 11:16 PM

This morning I finally decided I'd get the lunchbox + steelbook from my favorite store BB for $3 more. So I called to find out the only 2 stores in my area that have the steelbook in stock are of course the far away ones (almost 20 miles round trip out of my normal drive). The 2 BBs I pass by every day are OOS as usual. Tomorrow I have to go near the distant one (that has the steelbooks in stock) because of a doctor's appointment, so that made the 20 mile round trip a moot point because I have to make that drive anyway, so I called that store and was told they won't accept preorders over the phone (though BB has taken other orders over the phone). The nearest store I called first said they would've taken the preorder over the phone but they were OOS. So once again employees make their own policy depending on mood. I wasn't going to drive the 20 miles today when I have to do it tomorrow, so that option was out. Then I figured I'd order the lunchbox set online with the steelbook and when picking up both in store explain the situation and see if they'd re-ring it with the $5 coupon. However, ordering online the steelbook is store pickup only and the lunchbox is shipping only, so scratch them re-ringing it with the coupon. It's dumb because the stores have the lunchbox set in stock but they won't let you order that for in store pickup until after the free steelbook offer has expired. I told myself I should just buy the lunchbox anyway and forget about the steelbook (I've missed tons of them before so what's missing another one), but the OCD completionist in me can't let it go that I'm getting an inferior deal because of BB's inflexibility and being OOS.

I assume that those who got the steelbook in the store with the preorder will be allowed to use the $5 coupon when paying the remainder.

So, after all of the hassle and time calling around, I decided it's too much trouble to mess with BB and I'll just get the Target one after all... not because I wanted to but because BB frustrated me too much. And so ends this entry into the saga of Manzana and his favorite store. Tune in next week for new adventures... :-)
Old 03-20-12, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Tune in next week for new adventures... :-)
I'm always startled by the sheer volume of your posts, and yet I always read it all! You are the Charlie Brown to our Peanuts, and Best Buy deals are your Lucy and the football.
Old 03-20-12, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Great rant as always Manzana

And what lesson did we all learn today children, don't pull a Manzana and wait until the last minute to make your decision
Old 03-20-12, 08:00 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 909 Likes on 769 Posts

My head would literally explode if I were Manzana. I seriously don't know how he functions in everyday life.
Old 03-20-12, 08:25 AM

I got the Target copy of the Wocka Wocka Value Pack. The 6 episode disc from the Muppet show are on the back under the slipcover in a cardboard sleeve. It's two episodes from each of the three seasons they've released. The soundtrack has a separate code for it ,but they give you a banner to download after you enter the movie code so not sure why it has two codes. The soundtrack is the OST not the Green Album in case it was not known. Something I found odd is the set is three disc yet it comes in a two disc case with no flipper. So the Digital copy was under the DVD. I transferred the digital soundtrack to a flash drive , tried it on another computer , and as far as I can tell there is no DRM.
Old 03-20-12, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Schloob1
And what lesson did we all learn today children, don't pull a Manzana and wait until the last minute to make your decision
Exactly! That is the lesson, and unfortunately I totally missed the discussions of this steelbook deal when they first started. I'm not sure how, but I think it's because when people started talking about The Muppets I assumed it was The Muppet Movie and skipped it until I learned it was a different movie. The deal would've worked out if I had had all of this info when the steelbooks first came out and realized it was a deal I wanted before it was too late.

I'm still hoping someone will post how the CD soundtrack download works and if it'll have DRM tying it only to 1 computer.

Originally Posted by scott1598
My head would literally explode if I were Manzana. I seriously don't know how he functions in everyday life.
Very carefully. I do have time problems in trying to get everything done that I need to as my OCD hyperfocus affects me. But just as I pop in here and can spend 5-15 minutes on a single post, when I'm off doing other stuff my mind is thinking about other stuff, so I can function almost like a normal person most of the time.
Old 03-20-12, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by izatright
I'm always startled by the sheer volume of your posts, and yet I always read it all!
I'm the opposite, I try and skip past the blob of text.
Old 03-20-12, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

THowever, ordering online the steelbook is store pickup only and the lunchbox is shipping only,
Funny, the lunchbox now is for in-store pick-up ONLY, and doesn't allow shipping. I just ordered one, since I imagine they may disappear before I get to my store tomorrow (can't make it today).
Old 03-20-12, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by psychopuppet420
I got the Target copy of the Wocka Wocka Value Pack. The 6 episode disc from the Muppet show are on the back under the slipcover in a cardboard sleeve. It's two episodes from each of the three seasons they've released.
Exactly what I suspected, but thanks for confirming. Target is now the only store I can completely rule out. But I want WM, BB, and even TRU now that I know about the poster. I may pull a Xage on this, and get all 3. Hopefully The Muppets is sealed inside of the BB and/or WM exclusives so I can gift or sell them.

Last edited by kenbenobi; 03-20-12 at 09:52 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.