Reload this Page >

Disney Movie Rewards Offers

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Disney Movie Rewards Offers

Old 02-28-12, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DMR: Enter 2 movies, get a blu for $3.95 s/h

Sorry about the double post. Here is a link to the DMR thread in Hot Deals forum.

Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't see this posted but it is always possible I am blind.

Put in 2 of the Disney movies you have and pick 1 movie for $4 shipping (plus tax). I went with Tinkerbell as I have the other 2.

updated to add new image.

old image in spoiler.
Spoiler:

PLUS $3.95 SHIPPING AND PROCESSING. Valid only for registered Disney Movie Rewards members. Limit 1 redemption per account. Must enter two eligible Blu-ray, DVD or CD Magic Codes from purchased products to qualify for one free Blu-ray. Offer selection in Blu-ray format only.”Offer good 2/27/12 – 5/31/12. While supplies last. Blu-ray discs will not be mailed to PO Boxes. Check with your local post office for a street address. Offer rights may not be assigned or transferred. All submissions are subject to verification. Fraudulent submission including use of multiple accounts, addresses or PO boxes to obtain additional Blu-ray discs may result in prosecution. Disney Movie Rewards reserve the right to withdraw or modify any terms of this offer. Titles are subject to Disney Movie Rewards substitution. Liability for defective product redeemed under this offer will be limited to replacement of the Blu-ray disc by a Blu-ray of the same type or title. Offer good in U.S.A. and Canada only. Void in Quebec and where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery. DISNEY MOVIE REWARDS IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES (and D.C.), PUERTO RICO, AND CANADA. VOID IN QUEBEC AND WHERE PROHIBITED.

Last edited by duganrm; 03-12-12 at 09:41 PM.
Old 02-28-12, 05:53 PM

Re: Disney Movie Rewards Offers

While not a bluray deal, I figured I would still mention it in this thread as you can use the same titles as you used for the free bluray.
Read the fine print quoted below to check for your title as not all titles allow the bluray versions to be used.

*Good for one admission at participating theaters (Value $12 .00US / $14.00 Canada) for these eligible titles: Tron: Legacy Blu-ray Combo Pack or DVD, Tron: The Original Classic Special Edition Blu-ray Combo Pack or DVD, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Blu-ray Combo Pack or DVD, The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian Blu-ray Combo Pack or DVD, Narnia: The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe Blu-ray Combo Pack or DVD, The Sorcerer’s Apprentice Blu-ray Combo Pack or DVD, National Treasure Blu-ray Combo Pack, National Treasure 2: Book Of Secrets Blu-ray Combo Pack, Remember The Titans Blu-ray Combo Pack or DVD, Disney Alice in Wonderland Live Action DVD, Secretariat DVD.

Good for one admission at participating theaters (Value $8 US and up to $9 Canada) for these eligible titles: National Treasure DVD, National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets DVD, Roving Mars DVD, Race To Witch Mountain DVD, The Rocketeer DVD.

Ticket offer good while supplies last. Void where prohibited.DISNEY MOVIE REWARDS IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES (and D.C.), PUERTO RICO, AND CANADA. VOID IN QUEBEC AND WHERE PROHIBITED. Must enter eligible codes 2/24/12 – 4/15/12 and redeem movie certificate by 4/15/12.
Old 02-28-12, 05:56 PM

I just signed up for the rewards program yesterday. I added Game Plan that I got used from gohastings and Tron Legacy I had for awhile and was able to order Tinkerbell and get a free movie ticket.

Free 5 points for Feb newsletter. Expires tomorrow basically. 328WEDKFAHF
Old 02-28-12, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

We do actually have a Disney Movie Rewards thread, but it is under Hot Deals, since the DMR program itself is not a "DVD Bargain." Granted, seeing as one of their current promos is a free BD, that certainly qualifies.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/hot-deals/5...ou-get-62.html
Old 02-28-12, 06:01 PM

ahh, sorry about the double post. I didn't think to check hot deals as I only noticed it from the free bluray.
Old 02-28-12, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 143 Likes on 106 Posts

Thanks for the posters. I'm printing them now.
Old 02-29-12, 07:10 AM

I'd say keep it here. I believe we've done it in the past. This is a special deal and not the typical purchasing with points, so I believe it deserves its own thread. Just reword the title. If I hadn't seen this deal elsewhere, I probably wouldn't have paid attention to the thread. But knowing the deal, I wanted to see what others were talking about, here. Especially with the confusion over "A Bug's Life".
Old 02-29-12, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by obidawsn View Post
Especially with the confusion over "A Bug's Life".
Um, what confusion?
Old 02-29-12, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Regarding the John Carter promo, I read on SD that someone used the Lady and the Tramp BD code with Sorcerer's Apprentice and got it to work. I have the original Tron BD and recently got LATT BD, so I'd like to know if that will really work for the John Carter promo even though LATT isn't listed? I also have Secretatiat BD but only the DVD is listed. I don't want to enter codes for nothing.

The SD post was: http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpos...&postcount=126
Old 02-29-12, 08:45 AM

Highly Irritating that you get punished regularly in this loyalty program for being loyal and buying / entering during release week of titles
Old 02-29-12, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 427 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by JoN8282 View Post
Highly Irritating that you get punished regularly in this loyalty program for being loyal and buying / entering during release week of titles
Old 02-29-12, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by JoN8282 View Post
Very true!
Old 02-29-12, 10:45 AM

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

I'll be getting Lion King 1 1/2 and 2 any day now (ordered from DMC) so looks like I'll be getting Tinkerbell soon! That works on nice, because I already have the other two, and I still have Tinkerbell on DVD.
Old 02-29-12, 04:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I should be able to participate in the 2 codes, get 1 title free promotion. I'll probably go for Bug's Life (I have no need for Tinkerbell) unless I can understand what the "confusion" is. I think I have a couple of titles that I haven't registered yet, just have to look.
Old 02-29-12, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
Um, what confusion?
I can take a guess on that. I believe it is over the picture of Bug's Life being the dvd case with the bluray inside. Some people seem to think it may come with a metal tin due to a picture on amazon while most believe it will not.

If you are the type that wants all your blu-rays organized together and in the same case size, the dvd size case in the middle will probably bug you. As it says it will take 6-8 weeks for delivery, it will be awhile before anyone has the movie to verify.
Old 02-29-12, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^ Thanks for the explanation. I thought that was just a slip-cover. It never occurred to me that it might be a DVD. Well, the promotion clearly says "Free Disney BLU-RAY" so it should be a BD. I wouldn't care about the case itself, personally. But I already have that title, so kinda ignored it. I'm after Bridge to Terabithia, and I just qualified now after getting points from 2 CD's (the only 2 Disney CD's I own--MUPPETS!)
I think I'm SOL on the John Carter promo. I have the 4-disc Lion Witch Wardrobe set sealed, but I don't think that one has points in it.
Old 02-29-12, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think the BD/DVD version of A Bug's Life has the pictured cover art on its slipcover. The older BD/digital copy version has different cover art. So if you redeem for the one shown, you will probably get the BD/DVD combo pack.

I'll probably go for this deal. I always hold back redeeming some codes just for such occasions. Since I already own A Bug's Life, I guess I will take a chance on Bridge since I have no interest in Tinkerbell.
Old 02-29-12, 06:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I found two codes (for Chicken Little and Miracle) that i hadn't redeemed yet. YEAHIE for laziness. Anyway, I took a flier on Bug's Life. We'll see what I get in 6-8 weeks
Old 02-29-12, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 146 Posts

The version of A Bug's Life that is pictured is the DVD/Blu Combo pack which comes in a DVD box.
Old 02-29-12, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 106 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni View Post
The version of A Bug's Life that is pictured is the DVD/Blu Combo pack which comes in a DVD box.
In for this!
Old 03-01-12, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by duganrm View Post
I can take a guess on that. I believe it is over the picture of Bug's Life being the dvd case with the bluray inside. Some people seem to think it may come with a metal tin due to a picture on amazon while most believe it will not.

If you are the type that wants all your blu-rays organized together and in the same case size, the dvd size case in the middle will probably bug you. As it says it will take 6-8 weeks for delivery, it will be awhile before anyone has the movie to verify.
That's the confusion I'm talking about. I hadn't seen the image you posted before, though. I did find an image that has the same artwork, but it's in a blu-ray case. It's just hard to tell from the DMR picture, as it does look like it has a slipcover. But since the other two movies obviously show the blu-ray case, it makes it seem like it could be a DVD case. I just don't think Disney ever thought about people caring that much what case it's in. For $4, I'm still going to take a chance on it (if I can find the time to go through my movies and find 2 codes). I've never really been a fan of A Bug's Life, but I have been bummed that I don't have it to complete my Pixar collection (it's the only one I need, not counting the shorts). If it's not the blu-ray case, maybe I will find a deal on one later and sell this copy. I guess I could buy an empty blu-ray case, but I like having the original case.
Old 03-01-12, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 146 Posts

This is the Blu/DVD that is available in a Blu Ray Case:
Spoiler:

And this is the DVD case:
Spoiler:

Based on the promotional image used, I think its a fair bet that it will come in a DVD case.

Also, the DVD case version was a Disney Movie Club exclusive that came out before there was an official mass market combo pack. I think it's likely that they're clearancing these out. Possible they may run out of them and fullfil other orders with the Blu case though. There is defintely not a tin. I have the DVD case version pictured above, as I ordered it from DMC when it was orginally offered. I believe there is a slipcover, but no tin.
Old 03-01-12, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks! I was able to enter my National Treasure for the John Carter ticket, and another one I hadn't entered for the free blu-ray.
Old 03-01-12, 11:49 AM

My copy of A Bug's Life has shipped, so we'll find out shortly what version they're sending out.
Old 03-02-12, 08:55 AM

I just discovered I have the 1st Narnia movie (The Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe) on BD which is listed as "Blu-Ray Combo Pack or DVD" in the fine print of the John Carter offer, but only the DVD picture is shown. However, mine is the 2 disc BD by itself and not the combo pack. So I'm probably still out of luck?

I heard some people were getting DMR to give them the promo if they entered something in the fine print that wasn't pictured (like the 1st Narnia or Prince of Persia) but those were probably combo pack codes. Has anyone tried this?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.