Reload this Page >

Disney Movie Rewards Offers

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Disney Movie Rewards Offers

Old 03-21-12, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards Offers

I put in for the Tinkerbell. I will combine my dvd copy in a spare 2 disc case when I get it.
Old 03-22-12, 09:11 AM

Does anyone have any extra codes to trade.
I have a Cinderella III: A twist in time DVD code. I believe it is for 100 pts.
PM if you have anything.
Old 03-22-12, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Correct me if I'm wrong... it would only make sense to trade DMR codes (rather than use them yourself) if you had a code for a movie you'd already entered. I believe you can enter both the DVD and BD codes for a particular movie but not 2 of a particular format?

Oh wait... I just remembered for the free BD offer you need particular titles so I guess the request makes sense.
Old 03-22-12, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Manzana View Post
Oh wait... I just remembered for the free BD offer you need particular titles so I guess the request makes sense.
No, that's for John Carter tickets. Any titles work for the free BD...
Old 03-28-12, 09:36 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: A Bug's Life Blu-ray case

I emailed DMR to inquire how I could get artwork for a Blu-ray case for my A Bug's Life reward disc, and here's the response I received a week later.

Thank you for your e-mail. We are happy to let you know that o-sleeves, wraps, and cases can be purchased for a nominal charge. The cost for these items in a single shipment is $3.95 for the first item, and $1.00 for each additional item.

If you would like to purchase an o-sleeve, wrap, or case, you may send $3.95 (add $1.00 for each additional item) to our Consumer Relations Department to cover shipping and handling for these items. To take advantage of this offer, a check or money order (made payable to WDSHE Consumer Relations) along with a letter of intent should be sent to:

WDSHE Consumer Relations
PO Box 3100
Neenah, WI 54957-3100

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reply to this email. You may also contact us at 1-800-723-4763 (Canada: 1-888-877-2843), Monday 9:30-7:30 and Tuesday through Friday 9:30-6:30 CST.

Sincerely,

Walt Disney Studios Distribution Consumer Relations
US and Canada
I'm too cheap to spend $3.95 on package artwork and I really don't like the design provided in the link on the previous page (it's not even accurate as far as contents listed), so I'm just going to hold off and hopefully something decent will turn up free online. However, I think it's interesting that DMR provides these items for a charge. Interesting enough to warrant this post.
Old 03-29-12, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by lumberjack View Post
I emailed DMR to inquire how I could get artwork for a Blu-ray case for my A Bug's Life reward disc, and here's the response I received a week later.

I'm too cheap to spend $3.95 on package artwork and I really don't like the design provided in the link on the previous page (it's not even accurate as far as contents listed), so I'm just going to hold off and hopefully something decent will turn up free online. However, I think it's interesting that DMR provides these items for a charge. Interesting enough to warrant this post.
Couldn't you just buy an empty Blu-Ray case and print the cover artwork downloaded off one of those cover sites on a color printer, then use scissors to cut it out? I can't remember the names (like cdcover.cc or something weird) but I'm sure you could find it on Google?

I used to do that when I bought stuff with missing covers. I'd download the files at home, take a flash drive to work, and print on the color printer (as I don't have one). Then my work instituted a no flash drive policy where you get fired if their monitoring software detects you even inserted 1 in your PC for a second, so I haven't done it since. I always wondered how they keep someone who doesn't like you from inserting a flash drive into your PC to get you fired, but I suppose nobody dares since they probably have cameras in all the walls.
Old 03-29-12, 09:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Couldn't you just buy an empty Blu-Ray case and print the cover artwork downloaded off one of those cover sites on a color printer, then use scissors to cut it out? I can't remember the names (like cdcover.cc or something weird) but I'm sure you could find it on Google?

I used to do that when I bought stuff with missing covers. I'd download the files at home, take a flash drive to work, and print on the color printer (as I don't have one). Then my work instituted a no flash drive policy where you get fired if their monitoring software detects you even inserted 1 in your PC for a second, so I haven't done it since. I always wondered how they keep someone who doesn't like you from inserting a flash drive into your PC to get you fired, but I suppose nobody dares since they probably have cameras in all the walls.
Heh, our work we are pratically required to bring our own external hard drive since this place doesn't have really good policy for backing up .PST files. Ouch, I can honestly say I would not want to work in a place like that where they threatened to fire you for a silly flash drive.

Anyway, there are blu-ray covers on cdcover.cc and I already downloaded it and printed it. Not the best cover in the world but my printer at home works pretty well so it came out pretty nice. They are also a few credit sites where you pay a little bit and have some better covers.
Old 03-29-12, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 611 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by Kedrix View Post
Anyway, there are blu-ray covers on cdcover.cc and I already downloaded it and printed it. Not the best cover in the world but my printer at home works pretty well so it came out pretty nice. They are also a few credit sites where you pay a little bit and have some better covers.
CDcovers takes the covers from those sites, obliterates the hi-res beauty of them and turns them into ass for their community.
Old 03-29-12, 11:44 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Of course I have empty Blu cases, but none of the available FREE artwork files online interest me. I'm sure someone will eventually post the exact cover I'm wanting and I'll get it at that time. I'm patient.

This is the one I think I want, as I believe it accurately reflects the contents of the two discs and is an official cover: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51sdvZr80xL.jpg
Old 03-30-12, 07:48 AM

Maybe I'm just too OCD, but I would rather have an "official" case and cover art. If I could get a somewhat similar case cheaper, I might go for it, but I would like to have the cover art from the studio and not just printed out on my computer (which wouldn't look as good).

BTW, is A Bug's Life still available? I thought I was reading that even though it doesn't show it pictured, it was still an option. I never got around to getting my codes in and ordering it, and I don't really care that much about the other choices. If I could get the blu-ray case and artwork from Disney, I would really like to get A Bug's Life. It would still be cheaper than buying it in the stores.
Old 03-30-12, 09:23 AM

Short of people like Adrian Monk, I doubt very many people are more OCD than I am. I'd rather have an official case and cover art like you would, but I don't know where to get it, so I usually have to accept/put up with stuff that is less than what I'd like. These cover sites are the only option I know of for covers, and while they aren't the greatest I've seen some pretty good cover scans that from a distance look like the real thing. I'm stymied by not having a color printer and thinking that those stores that do are probably too expensive. I could see paying up to 25c per page but anything higher seems a ripoff for a 8.5" x 11" color printout.
Originally Posted by obidawsn View Post
Maybe I'm just too OCD, but I would rather have an "official" case and cover art. If I could get a somewhat similar case cheaper, I might go for it, but I would like to have the cover art from the studio and not just printed out on my computer (which wouldn't look as good).
Old 03-30-12, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by lumberjack View Post

Thank you for your e-mail. We are happy to let you know that o-sleeves, wraps, and cases can be purchased for a nominal charge. The cost for these items in a single shipment is $3.95 for the first item, and $1.00 for each additional item.

If you would like to purchase an o-sleeve, wrap, or case, you may send $3.95 (add $1.00 for each additional item) to our Consumer Relations Department to cover shipping and handling for these items. To take advantage of this offer, a check or money order (made payable to WDSHE Consumer Relations) along with a letter of intent should be sent to:

WDSHE Consumer Relations
PO Box 3100
Neenah, WI 54957-3100

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reply to this email. You may also contact us at 1-800-723-4763 (Canada: 1-888-877-2843), Monday 9:30-7:30 and Tuesday through Friday 9:30-6:30 CST.

Sincerely,

Walt Disney Studios Distribution Consumer Relations
US and Canada
For those who choose to go this route, make sure you reference stock #105561. This is will ensure you receive the correct cover wrap.

I placed my order, via "snail mail", on 3/24 and received it today (3/30). Anyway, it appears that they ran out of the BD/DVD o-sleeves and sent me the BD/DC o-sleeve as a substitute, which is fine with me because I think it is a much better front cover.

Finally, I went ahead and scanned the cover for those who prefer to print it out. Enjoy!

Old 12-19-13, 01:37 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by DrnknMstr2 View Post
Does anyone have any extra codes to trade.
I have a Cinderella III: A twist in time DVD code. I believe it is for 100 pts.
PM if you have anything.
I have a extra Monsters University dvd code. I'm not allowed to PM yet.
Old 12-19-13, 03:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my work instituted a no flash drive policy where you get fired if their monitoring software detects you even inserted 1 in your PC for a second, so I haven't done it since. I always wondered how they keep someone who doesn't like you from inserting a flash drive into your PC to get you fired, but I suppose nobody dares since they probably have cameras in all the walls.
My work did this as well. They created a way to block flash drives from being used, or CD's from being burned. However, just last week I plugged my cell phone into the USB to charge it, and discovered I had full access to the file system, and was able to transfer files back and forth. My old cell phone was blocked, so YMMV. Of course, you may not want to risk getting fired. I'd kind of welcome it. I've been telling myself to move on for years...