Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Disney Movie Rewards Offers

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Disney Movie Rewards Offers

Old 03-03-12, 08:05 PM
  #26  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: New York, NY, USA
Posts: 541
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards Offers

Originally Posted by Manzana View Post
I just discovered I have the 1st Narnia movie (The Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe) on BD which is listed as "Blu-Ray Combo Pack or DVD" in the fine print of the John Carter offer, but only the DVD picture is shown. However, mine is the 2 disc BD by itself and not the combo pack. So I'm probably still out of luck?

I heard some people were getting DMR to give them the promo if they entered something in the fine print that wasn't pictured (like the 1st Narnia or Prince of Persia) but those were probably combo pack codes. Has anyone tried this?
I've had a few hits and a few misses. My Narnia 1 and 2 (both not the combo pack) worked for the John Carter tickets. My Prince of Persia 1 disc and Alice in Wonderland live action combo pack didn't work and I'm miffed about that.
Old 03-03-12, 08:19 PM
  #27  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: IL
Posts: 1,799
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards Offers

I used the Sorcerer's Apprentice BD Combo pack and Prince of Persia BD Combo pack and got both offers ... but it took a while to track down how to get the John Carter ticket. I had to go into my "Available Offers" and redeem it from there. There was no banner for me to click to print.

There was a banner for the free BD.
Old 03-04-12, 01:01 PM
  #28  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Manzana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 4,514
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards Offers

Deleted

Last edited by Manzana; 03-06-12 at 07:56 AM.
Old 03-05-12, 03:37 PM
  #29  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Lecithin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Cicely, AK
Posts: 1,487
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards Offers

I was saving the codes from Toy Story 3 and Bambi BLUs for a double point day, but then I missed it when it happened last time (!) so I'm glad I can at least use them for this extra. Too bad I already own the BLU of A Bug's Life, it's the only one of the three I would want.
Old 03-06-12, 07:56 AM
  #30  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Manzana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 4,514
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards Offers

Has anyone entered a Narnia 1 BD code (not the combo pack) with a UPC of 786936751963 and have it work for the John Carter promo?
Old 03-07-12, 10:53 PM
  #31  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,671
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards Offers

from the bluray forums. For those ordering bugs life.

Originally Posted by TRUE BLUE
My bugslife came in today crappy dvd packing and has slipcover
Old 03-07-12, 11:13 PM
  #32  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 193
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards Offers

Originally Posted by consoleman View Post
I've had a few hits and a few misses. My Narnia 1 and 2 (both not the combo pack) worked for the John Carter tickets. My Prince of Persia 1 disc and Alice in Wonderland live action combo pack didn't work and I'm miffed about that.
The "Race to Witch Mountain" BD+DVD combo doesn't work either for the promotion.
Old 03-08-12, 11:01 AM
  #33  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SALEM, OR
Posts: 1,484
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards Offers

I used a Tron BD and Fantasia combo pack. I was saving these for double point days, but what the heck. $4 Bug's Life.

Edit: Plus I just realized the Tron activated the free movie ticket for John Carter. That looks like a crap movie, so the question is, do I want to spend $8-$10 (plus snacks) bringing along my girlfriend, or suffer through it alone?

Last edited by izatright; 03-09-12 at 01:55 PM.
Old 03-08-12, 11:09 AM
  #34  
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,683
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards Offers

Originally Posted by izatright View Post
I used a Tron BD and Fantasia combo pack. I was saving these for double point days, but what the heck. $4 Bug's Life.
How often do they offer double points?
Old 03-08-12, 11:25 AM
  #35  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 402
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards Offers

Originally Posted by flix1 View Post
I used the Sorcerer's Apprentice BD Combo pack and Prince of Persia BD Combo pack and got both offers ... but it took a while to track down how to get the John Carter ticket. I had to go into my "Available Offers" and redeem it from there. There was no banner for me to click to print.

There was a banner for the free BD.
Originally Posted by adam_omega View Post
The "Race to Witch Mountain" BD+DVD combo doesn't work either for the promotion.
Click on "My DMR"

Click on "Unlocked Offers"

If the code was accepted for a John Carter ticket, you'll see it here.

TLK
Old 03-08-12, 11:26 AM
  #36  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 402
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards Offers

Originally Posted by supermike07 View Post
How often do they offer double points?
Thanksgiving and then again Christmastime 2009

Christmastime (twice) 2011

AFAIK, that was the only four times they've done it.

TLK
Old 03-08-12, 01:41 PM
  #37  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,656
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Disney Movie Rewards Offers

In regards to the free BD promotion, I entered a code for one CD plus got points for a movie ticket stub, and it now shows I can redeem my free BD. I didn't thnk ticket stubs were eligible for this promo, but apparently they are.
Old 03-09-12, 07:40 AM
  #38  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Manzana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 4,514
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards Offers

I found out the first Narnia BD set (not the combo pack) works for the John Carter promo without any hassle. I entered that and another BD pictured and immediately got 2 John Carter tickets (I only expected 1). Since each ticket prints out with a different number but the same name on the account, does anyone know if movie theaters (like AMC or Harkins) will give you trouble if the name doesn't match the ticket or do they not ask for an ID and not care?

Basically is the ticket like a credit card where the name and number must match their system or just the number matters?
Originally Posted by The Lizard King View Post
Thanksgiving and then again Christmastime 2009. Christmastime (twice) 2011. AFAIK, that was the only four times they've done it.
And they are always limited to double points on 2 codes each time. Double points days are so rare I don't wait for them specifically. I think it makes no sense to enter DMR movie codes unless there's some promo going on, so I always save them for something, but even a 50 bonus points on your next entry is enough for me to enter a code.
Old 03-09-12, 09:09 AM
  #39  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Harbor City, CA USA
Posts: 986
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards Offers

Theaters have never asked me for ID while using a free movie ticket with my name printed on it
Old 03-09-12, 07:47 PM
  #40  
DVD Talk Legend
 
mattysemo247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 12,551
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards Offers

Got my copy of Bug's Life today. Did indeed come in the DVD case with the Blu (and the slip). For $4 I'm happy.
Old 03-10-12, 11:04 AM
  #41  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
b2net's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,739
Received 102 Likes on 80 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards Offers

The $3.95 "freebie" Bug's Life Blu-ray no longer available.. replaced by Dinasaur Blu-ray
Old 03-10-12, 12:49 PM
  #42  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Manzana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 4,514
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards Offers

Originally Posted by b2net View Post
The $3.95 "freebie" Bug's Life Blu-ray no longer available.. replaced by Dinasaur Blu-ray
DMR Bastids! Since I wanted the John Carter tickets I used our second account and ordered Tinker Bell a couple days ago for $3.95 just because the promo was there even though I already had all 3 BDs available so I could use it as a gift or something. Now a couple days later DMR puts Dinosaur BD which is a rare Disney BD I don't have and would've really liked, but it's too late now. Bastids! Wish I could swap my Tinker Bell for Dinosaurs but I can't.
Old 03-10-12, 01:07 PM
  #43  
DVD Talk Legend
 
whotony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: ^ Kristen Bell
Posts: 20,919
Received 216 Likes on 174 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards Offers

Originally Posted by Manzana View Post
DMR Bastids! Since I wanted the John Carter tickets I used our second account and ordered Tinker Bell a couple days ago for $3.95 just because the promo was there even though I already had all 3 BDs available so I could use it as a gift or something. Now a couple days later DMR puts Dinosaur BD which is a rare Disney BD I don't have and would've really liked, but it's too late now. Bastids! Wish I could swap my Tinker Bell for Dinosaurs but I can't.
Rare blu-ray or rare because you dont have it?
This is an easy enough disc to get.
Old 03-10-12, 01:27 PM
  #44  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Manzana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 4,514
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards Offers

Originally Posted by whotony View Post
Rare blu-ray or rare because you dont have it?
This is an easy enough disc to get.
Yes, rare because *I* don't have it not because it can't be bought. I have most Disney movies (especially animated) on BD, and Dinosaur is one of the very few I don't own on DVD or BD (because I've never seen good enough prices on it).

It's just that they did this barely 2 days after ordering Tinker Bell (which I already have) because I thought $3.95 for a Disney BD I already had (intending to use it as a gift or trade someday) was better than just skipping the deal entirely. If I had known they would add Dinosaur 2 days later (and which I never see much cheaper than $15) then I would've waited as something I don't have would've been preferable to something I do. Assuming I can get ahold of someone on the phone at DMR on Monday, I'll virtually guarantee that they'll have just shipped Tinker Bell and it's too late or I'll be told (a la Amazon (Cancelzon)) that it can't be changed after it has been ordered. I'm just really bummed that they added a title I really wanted right after ordering.
Old 03-10-12, 03:30 PM
  #45  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
b2net's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,739
Received 102 Likes on 80 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards Offers

Originally Posted by b2net View Post
The $3.95 "freebie" Bug's Life Blu-ray no longer available.. replaced by Dinosaur Blu-ray
I stand corrected... the $3.95 "freebie" Bug's Life Blu-ray (in DVD case) is still available... the ad now shows Dinosaur in it's place.. but you can still pick it when you enter your codes... but the extra 125 points bonus is actually gone.. I just entered mine to get the John Carpenter ticks and the $3.95 Blu offer.. got the blu but not the extra 125
Old 03-10-12, 03:37 PM
  #46  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Shagrath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 7,383
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Disney Movie Rewards Offers

I was gonna do this just because, and grab Terebithia. I have A Bug's Life already, and had no interest in Tinker Bell. Then, I saw that they had put Dinosaur up, and so grabbed that one instead.

I don't think I'll be inputting any DMR codes in for a while and just stack them up and wait for these little promos. I've only ever actually accumulated enough points to get one DVD before, so these little deals are much better in the long run.
Old 03-10-12, 06:45 PM
  #47  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: IL
Posts: 1,799
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards Offers

Originally Posted by Shagrath View Post
I was gonna do this just because, and grab Terebithia. I have A Bug's Life already, and had no interest in Tinker Bell. Then, I saw that they had put Dinosaur up, and so grabbed that one instead.
Dooh! Bridge to Terabithia just arrived today. I would have chosen Dinosaur instead. Looks like Dinosaur replaced A Bug's Life in the list.
Old 03-10-12, 07:38 PM
  #48  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 720
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards Offers

Originally Posted by b2net View Post
I stand corrected... the $3.95 "freebie" Bug's Life Blu-ray (in DVD case) is still available... the ad now shows Dinosaur in it's place.. but you can still pick it when you enter your codes... but the extra 125 points bonus is actually gone.. I just entered mine to get the John Carpenter ticks and the $3.95 Blu offer.. got the blu but not the extra 125
Someone else said that the 125 points is from the code that comes with your free blu-ray.
Old 03-11-12, 07:46 AM
  #49  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
b2net's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,739
Received 102 Likes on 80 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards Offers

Originally Posted by Rexxriot View Post
Someone else said that the 125 points is from the code that comes with your free blu-ray.
Originally Posted by N8 Storm View Post
I assumed the bonus 125 points are just inside the case like a normal blu-ray release? I ordered Bug's Life earlier in the month and didn't get an automatic 125 to my account, so I assume that is the reason why.
Good point... hadn't thought about it that way... maybe they had it on the ad... and too many people thought like I did ... the 125 came after entering the 2 codes.. instead of after receiving and entering the code from the bonus blu-ray...


Did anyone get a bonus 125 after entering 2 codes... or when ordering the bonus blu-ray?
Old 03-11-12, 11:50 AM
  #50  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Manzana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 4,514
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards Offers

Originally Posted by b2net View Post
Did anyone get a bonus 125 after entering 2 codes... or when ordering the bonus blu-ray?
Neither for me. I completely forgot about the 125 bonus points for the movie offer. I just checked my points history and I didn't get any extra points added to my account so far, so I'm hoping there will be a code with the BD when it arrives. If that's not right and I should've gotten the 125 bonus points on the spot, I'd like to know.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.