Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

DVD Planet President's Day Sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-12, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts
DVD Planet President's Day Sale

http://www.dvdplanet.com/promos.cfm?roomID=151

Most of the same titles featured in Deep Discount's current B1G1 sale, but you don't have to buy another title to qualify and some of the prices are even cheaper.

Sale ends 2/23.
Old 02-19-12, 12:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: DVD Planet President's Day Sale

Thanks for the heads up! Picked up Delicatessen for about $17 shipped. I'm happy because it was frustrating not being able to find another $33 title in the DD sale.

It was out of stock though, and I'm not sure how they are about those orders.
Old 02-19-12, 02:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I won't be buying anything during the sale, but thank you for reminding me that DVD Planet exists. 5-7 years ago this was a place I ordered from fairly frequently and got great deals on some of my favorite titles. Nice to reminisce about it.
Old 02-19-12, 03:17 AM

I hadn't shopped there in nearly four years, but did buy five titles from this sale for just over $35. It seems they deleted my old account info, because my e-mail came up as invalid. However, I received an error message when I tried to create a new account with the same my e-mail because it was "already in use".

Really frustrating, especially since I seem to recall having a few Frequent Buyer Points left on that account.
Old 02-19-12, 03:59 AM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

I have ordered from them in the last few years. When Deepdiscount.com had a deal, I would often get it here to get the frequent buyer points, as they often had the same price. The recent Man from U.N.C.L.E. deal is a good example.
Maybe you should contact them about your account problems to recover the points.
Old 02-19-12, 04:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 445 Likes on 251 Posts

The last time I ordered from DVDPlanet I waited 4 months to receive my order...called Customer Service at least 5 times before I finally got someone who was able to ship my order out...that order however never arrived (I don't think it actually shipped), so it took another month (They said i had to wait that long before they can send another shipment) before they sent out a "second" shipment. All told, over 5 months and i swore i would never order from them again.

However, I still have points left, and there are a couple of titles in this sale that i want that are cheaper than DDD...so i have to think about this

Last edited by Jaymole; 02-19-12 at 04:27 AM.
Old 02-19-12, 04:35 AM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

There really is little difference if you order from DD or DVDplanet in terms of service. You'll probably will talk with the same customer service if you call. They are the same company with various brands.
Old 02-19-12, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by g
Maybe you should contact them about your account problems to recover the points.
It's been so long, I have no idea how many points I had left. I don't think it was even enough to redeem a dollar amount, but I still might contact them about it.
Old 02-22-12, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by joe_b
http://www.dvdplanet.com/promos.cfm?roomID=151

Most of the same titles featured in Deep Discount's current B1G1 sale, but you don't have to buy another title to qualify and some of the prices are even cheaper.

Sale ends 2/23.
I placed an order this AM and got a shipping of charge of $ 1.99 (bargain rate) on the e-mail. I'm looking right at it.

When I got the second e-mail in the afternoon confirming stock and shipment, the shipping had been moved up to $ 3.95.

Buyer beware. In this economy, scamming an extra few bucks is not a shock. Yes, I will be in contact with my CC company once this comes through. 2 bucks is 2 bucks.
Old 02-23-12, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by bellevuecoug
Buyer beware. In this economy, scamming an extra few bucks is not a shock. Yes, I will be in contact with my CC company once this comes through. 2 bucks is 2 bucks.
I think it was a system error on their part. Some folks on the bluray.com forum have experienced the same problem and were told it would be corrected. Everyone should definitely keep an eye out in case they are charged (or overcharged) for shipping.

My order showed free shipping in the confirmation e-mail and 4 of my 5 BDs have already been delivered. Everything was billed correctly, thankfully.
Old 02-23-12, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by bellevuecoug
Yes, I will be in contact with my CC company once this comes through. 2 bucks is 2 bucks.
That's uncalled for. If you have an issue try and resolve it with the company first. Most likely, your CC company will tell you the same thing.
Old 02-24-12, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Crap, I didn't realize this sale ended last night. Some of the prices still show the sale price, but once you add them to the cart they go up. Oh well... I didn't have the time to go through this last night.
I haven't ordered from them in many years either, but my account still works. I have 155 points in it. Only 45 to go to get $5 credit. I'll have to keep them in mind for the future...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 02-24-12 at 10:47 AM.
Old 02-24-12, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I haven't ordered from them in many years other, but my account still works. I have 155 points in it. Only 45 to go to get $5 credit. I'll have to keep them in mind for the future...
You got me thinking I should check to see how many points I have. Like you, I haven't ordered from them in about 3 years (actually May '09 when I checked my history). Logged in...155 points. I double checked to make sure I had logged in with my account, and not yours.
Old 02-24-12, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Just checked mine & I havent purchases since 2009.... & I have 145 points..... Wonder if I will ever purchase enough more to get to 200 to get the $5.....
Old 02-24-12, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I have 155 points in it. Only 45 to go to get $5 credit.
Originally Posted by cardsfan111
Logged in...155 points. I double checked to make sure I had logged in with my account, and not yours.

I guess we were ordering the same stuff! I just checked, and my last purchase was 03/06/09. Almost 3 years! Oh, and I apparently have a Disney Treasures title backordered with them since 2008. I wonder if that's gonna come through for me.

Last edited by kenbenobi; 02-24-12 at 12:31 PM.
Old 02-24-12, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My backorder was from June 9, 2007..... I sure wouldnt want to pay now what I was willing to pay then..... Oh my
Old 02-24-12, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by b2net
My backorder was from June 9, 2007..... I sure wouldnt want to pay now what I was willing to pay then..... Oh my
For my backorder, I would GLADLY pay now what I tried to pay then... I could make a serious profit!
Old 02-25-12, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Strangely, I received a catalog in the mail from dvdplanet today, with a $5 coupon (unique code). I don't recall ever getting something in the mail from them before. Did logging into my account for the first time in 3 years trigger something? Anyone else suddenly get a catalog from them?
Old 02-25-12, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Not yet, but now I'll be looking for one.

Edit to add: And since I've moved since 2009, I just logged in to change my address.
Old 02-26-12, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cardsfan111
Not yet, but now I'll be looking for one.

Edit to add: And since I've moved since 2009, I just logged in to change my address.
Actually, now that you mention it, I did update my address when I logged in earlier in the week. They had my old address on file, since I moved here only 2 years ago. So I have a feeling you will get a catalog now...
Old 02-27-12, 07:23 AM

I placed an order during the sale and had a temporary authorization on my card for about 4 days. Then it disappeared, has not been replaced by a real charge, and now I can't access DVD Planet's website at all (it times out). Not sure what's going on.
Old 02-27-12, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Strangely, I received a catalog in the mail from dvdplanet today, with a $5 coupon (unique code). I don't recall ever getting something in the mail from them before. Did logging into my account for the first time in 3 years trigger something? Anyone else suddenly get a catalog from them?
I got one too, haven't ordered or even logged on in several years.
Old 02-27-12, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I cant get the site to load either...
Old 02-27-12, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was charged for the 5 titles that were in stock that shipped. Looks like I should receive that package in the next day or two. The web site loads fine for me.
Old 02-28-12, 03:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

After I entered that post, I tried again... & it loaded.. I also received one of the catalogs... Bizarro

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.