Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Dr. Zhivago,Amadeus digibooks -$6.99 @ jr.com

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-12, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Dr. Zhivago,Amadeus digibooks -$6.99 @ jr.com

After that ROCKY & BULLWINKLE steal on Black Friday, I love J&R, but came to this thread too late, so kept my Amazon order. I can live with paying an extra $2.50.
Old 02-12-12, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Has anyone here gotten a shipping notice yet? I think my Rocky & Bullwinkle set from November shipped in a couple days, but this order is still awaiting shipment.
Old 02-12-12, 04:19 PM
bse
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by joe_b
Has anyone here gotten a shipping notice yet? I think my Rocky & Bullwinkle set from November shipped in a couple days, but this order is still awaiting shipment.
I have not gotten anything but 5 promo emails since my order.
Old 02-13-12, 08:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haven't received a shipping notification either. However, out of curiosity I went to my order status and clicked on the item number from my order for the blu ray and it went to the 45th Anniversary DVD. I definitely did not order a DVD & they better not send me one.
Old 02-13-12, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by ericmylad
Haven't received a shipping notification either. However, out of curiosity I went to my order status and clicked on the item number from my order for the blu ray and it went to the 45th Anniversary DVD. I definitely did not order a DVD & they better not send me one.
Thanks for the alert. I ordered 2 of Zhivago and 2 of Amadeus. I distinctly remember checking the UPC # of Zhivago and it matched the digibook version. Now it links to a DVD as you said. I called customer service and she is following up on the issue. However, they don’t have any blu-ray version at all. Also, Amadeus links to blu-ray that is not the digibook. Called just now and cancelled my order – don’t need the aggravation. Reordered both digibooks at Amazon.
Old 02-13-12, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by dvd4us
Thanks for the alert. I ordered 2 of Zhivago and 2 of Amadeus. I distinctly remember checking the UPC # of Zhivago and it matched the digibook version. Now it links to a DVD as you said. I called customer service and she is following up on the issue. However, they don’t have any blu-ray version at all. Also, Amadeus links to blu-ray that is not the digibook. Called just now and cancelled my order – don’t need the aggravation. Reordered both digibooks at Amazon.
Forgot to mention that their email confirmation of the order only states Amadeus and Doctor Zhivago. This is very lacking in appropriately describing the order considering that there are many versions of blu-rays. I did not print when ordered on-line so I have no idea if it had detailed descriptions. Good luck to all.
Old 02-13-12, 01:18 PM
bse
DVD Talk Special Edition

if my order gets screwed up and I get DVDs instead of blu-rays I will never order from anywhere outside of Amazon again, so tired of companies fucking up.
Old 02-13-12, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by dvd4us
Called just now and cancelled my order – don’t need the aggravation.
Yeah, me neither. The links to the digibooks in my order e-mail have been deleted from their website. With new item numbers listed and no mention of "blu-ray" or "digibook" on the order page, I decided it wasn't worth the risk.

Canceling by phone was a breeze. Their system must have automatically linked my phone number to my account info, because the operator knew my name and already had the order pulled up. However, I'm still waiting on e-mail confirmation of the cancellation.
Old 02-13-12, 08:14 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

The item numbers still match the correct item. There is a two digit number at the end that matches. JR often removes items from the site when they sell out. I'm not worried yet. Although they could cancel if they can't get anymore.

Last edited by g; 02-13-12 at 08:46 PM.
Old 02-13-12, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

But on Dr. Z, there's no mention of a "Blu-ray" format. I already sent an email to J&R to cancel my order. Will follow-up with them tomorrow. On J&R's site they list the UPC and it's 883929120345. This is a DVD.
Old 02-14-12, 12:25 AM

It's not difficult to figure out what happened, and I wouldn't cancel my J&R order if your order shows item #1006037_20 (as mine still does).

I saved a PDF of the various versions of Doctor Zhivago on J&R when I ordered, and it shows 1006037_20 with a picture of the Blu-Ray with a UPC of 883929086979. My order history PDF also shows 1006037_20, as does the latest order status. If you click on that link it takes you to ALL of the products they sell related to Doctor Zhivago (i.e. 1006037_xx). J&R obviously had limited quantities and deleted the Blu-Ray off the product list, so now you just see the DVD versions... but those have slightly different item #s.

I don't think there's much danger of getting the DVD instead of the Blu-Ray because the item #s are different. What's about 95% likely (in the fashion of Amazon which from now on I will call Cancelzon due to them canceling 4 out of my last 4 orders due to so-called "price mistakes" which I didn't know were price mistakes) is that J&R won't be able to get any more of the Blu-Ray and they'll cancel the orders on their own.

So, I'm leaving my J&R order in place on the 5% chance they get more in stock, but at least here (1) I only spent a few minutes placing the order and (2) it would be more trouble to cancel it than not. Heck, I spent more time writing these messages about it than actually ordering. Fortunately I'm not in a hurry on Doctor Zhivago. If Cancelzon jacks the price up above $9.49, then I'll simply wait longer.

Last edited by Manzana; 02-14-12 at 11:06 PM.
Old 02-14-12, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
But on Dr. Z, there's no mention of a "Blu-ray" format. I already sent an email to J&R to cancel my order. Will follow-up with them tomorrow. On J&R's site they list the UPC and it's 883929120345. This is a DVD.
Then they changed it. As you can see in my post HERE, the UPC on the listing was indeed the Digibook. Manzana, saving that page to PDF was smart. If you can post the Digibook one as evidence for us, please do.
Old 02-14-12, 08:08 AM
bse
DVD Talk Special Edition

Got this reply, I'd cancel if you have not already - order from Amazon before the price goes up:

Thank you for writing. We truly apologize that there was an error on our web site showing that the Doctor Zhivago was in Blu-ray. We have cancelled the order as you have requested.
Old 02-14-12, 09:14 AM

I just cancelled my order. Even if there wasn't the question of whether or not they'll ship a Blu ray or a DVD, I don't think they're going to get any stock in and will cancel everyone's order next week anyway.
Old 02-14-12, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I got a cancellation notice from J&R but not sure if it was because of my email.
Old 02-14-12, 09:40 AM
bse
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
I got a cancellation notice from J&R but not sure if it was because of my email.
Me too, they also canceled my blu-ray of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang stating they didn't have stock.
Old 02-14-12, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I was wondering about Chitty because I ordered it as well, and it DOES clearly state it's a blu-ray. But oh well. These kinds of deals are hit and miss. The recent Best Buy prices on several Blu-rays are making up for it. Now I have a few extra bucks to get a few more BB titles. J&R is a reputable place to shop, however. I've always had prompt service from them, and this pricing error is rather rare.
Old 02-14-12, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Just submitted my cancellation form. Bummer.
Old 02-14-12, 01:57 PM

Well, things are certainly getting interesting in regards to the Dr. Zhivago blu ray. As stated above, I attempted to cancel via email this morning. I got an email reply back a few minutes ago that the order had already shipped! I called the 800# and the nice lady told me it was indeed shipping today. I then asked if she could verify what the actual item was and she knew right away that there was an issue with the website directing people to the DVD rather than the blu ray. She told me she's taken quite a few calls from others asking the same question and she assured me it's the blu ray that's shipping. I haven't gotten a shipping notice yet but I'll be curious to see what the product description says. So if what I was told is true, I'll be really happy my order didn't get cancelled after all. I'll be sure to let everyone know what ends up on my doorstep.
Old 02-14-12, 04:01 PM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Got my shipping notice, looks like this:

Code:
Qty     Model                   Product Description
------------------------------------------------------------------
1       1006037_20      Doctor Zhivago
Old 02-14-12, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ericmylad
Well, things are certainly getting interesting in regards to the Dr. Zhivago blu ray. As stated above, I attempted to cancel via email this morning. I got an email reply back a few minutes ago that the order had already shipped! I called the 800# and the nice lady told me it was indeed shipping today. I then asked if she could verify what the actual item was and she knew right away that there was an issue with the website directing people to the DVD rather than the blu ray. She told me she's taken quite a few calls from others asking the same question and she assured me it's the blu ray that's shipping. I haven't gotten a shipping notice yet but I'll be curious to see what the product description says. So if what I was told is true, I'll be really happy my order didn't get cancelled after all. I'll be sure to let everyone know what ends up on my doorstep.
Well, when I submitted my form to CS, I explained the situation and said to keep the order if it was the Blu-ray, and cancel the order if it was a DVD. My order just got canceled. They also sent the following email:
"We truly apologize that there was an error on our website. We do not carry this movie in Blu-ray. We have canceled your order at this time."
So I am curious to see if anyone actually received a Blu-ray, but I am skeptical...
Old 02-14-12, 04:34 PM

I too got my shipping notice... thing is if you look at the item now, it shows DVD and cost $9.99 (not the blu ray we ordered!)

worried that is will probably show up then will have to go thru hassle of returning...
Old 02-14-12, 11:02 PM

I was surprised to see my Dr. Z order shipped today too. It shows the right item # (1006037_20) for the Blu-Ray, so I'm hopeful it's the right item (especially after ericmylad's post about the rep confirming it was Blu-Ray). If it comes in a mailer that's a "bag" rather than a cardboard box, I'll know by feeling its size. Of course I hope that others will post what they got first (especially if it's in a box), though whether or not I open the box J&R should pay for return shipping if it's a DVD.

I still have the PDF showing the Blu-Ray with the above item number, and if J&R sends anyone the DVD instead, I'll post it here, but let's wait until we're sure it's wrong. To quote a Cancelzon rep "let's cross that bridge when we get there". I don't even know how to attach something to a post. I only see insert link and image buttons. I'm still hopeful it will be the Blu-Ray or that J&R will take care of it fully if not. While I haven't dealt with J&R that much, so far I haven't had any problems with them.
Old 02-15-12, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by bearkiss
I too got my shipping notice... thing is if you look at the item now, it shows DVD and cost $9.99 (not the blu ray we ordered!)

worried that is will probably show up then will have to go thru hassle of returning...
You'll get the Blu-ray.
Old 02-15-12, 11:33 AM
Cool New Member

To save any hassle of returning the DVD just in case, I have called up and canceled my order.

Re-ordered Dr. Zhivago from Amazon instead... even though it's $2.5 more expensive!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.