Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Dr. Zhivago,Amadeus digibooks -$6.99 @ jr.com

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-12, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts
Dr. Zhivago,Amadeus digibooks -$6.99 @ jr.com

Use the Friends With Benefits link to sign up for free shipping or to sign into website if already a member:

https://www.jr.com/myAccount/loyaltyLogin.jsp

Once on website, search for Doctor Zhivago & Amadeus.
Old 02-08-12, 06:15 PM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Dr. Zhivago,Amadeus digibooks -$6.99 @ jr.com

Nice price, I ordered Dr Zhivago, Thanks!
Old 02-08-12, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Thanks. Cancelled my amazon order from yesterday. They also have Chitty Chitty Bang Bang for $ 6.39.

Last edited by Classic Films; 02-08-12 at 11:22 PM.
Old 02-08-12, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks... You just costed me $13.98 (I went through coupon cactus so at least I'll get 4% back.
Old 02-08-12, 07:18 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great bargain! Ordered mine....

Last edited by blu_newbie; 02-08-12 at 10:38 PM.
Old 02-08-12, 07:33 PM

thank you!
Old 02-08-12, 08:42 PM

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

How do you opt out of the Friends With Benefits Program? It mentions a potential fee in the FAQ, but membership was listed as free when I signed up. I'd still rather cancel it after this order to avoid being billed anything extra.

The FAQ says to go to 'My Account' and click on "Cancel Membership", but that button is nowhere to be found. (Yes, I'm logged in and it says "Your benefits are being applied!")

Last edited by joe_b; 02-08-12 at 08:49 PM.
Old 02-08-12, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by blu_newbie
Great bargain! Order mine....
No, you do it.
Old 02-08-12, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by joe_b
How do you opt out of the Friends With Benefits Program? It mentions a potential fee in the FAQ, but membership was listed as free when I signed up. I'd still rather cancel it after this order to avoid being billed anything extra.

The FAQ says to go to 'My Account' and click on "Cancel Membership", but that button is nowhere to be found. (Yes, I'm logged in and it says "Your benefits are being applied!")
I think you'll be safe.
Q: Will my membership auto-renew?
A: No.

Q: How much is the Membership Fee?
A: Friends with Benefits Basic is normally $9.99, but as an introductory offer we are currently waiving the fee.
Old 02-08-12, 10:00 PM

^ Okay, thanks.

I'm still puzzled that they direct you to a cancellation link in your account when none is available. Maybe that only shows up for paying members.
Old 02-08-12, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by whotony
No, you do it.

Nice find. Thanks OP!
Old 02-08-12, 10:32 PM
bse
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by joe_b
^ Okay, thanks.

I'm still puzzled that they direct you to a cancellation link in your account when none is available. Maybe that only shows up for paying members.
me too, but after i placed my order i deleted my credit card info from their site, just in case.
Old 02-08-12, 10:37 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by bse
me too, but after i placed my order i deleted my credit card info from their site, just in case.

Good idea - but I guess we need to delete the CC info only after the order is shipped?
Old 02-08-12, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks, OP! Got Dr Zhivago...
Old 02-08-12, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Amazon.com has Amadeus for $7.99. Those with Prime and Amazon credit might want to go that route.
Old 02-09-12, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by blu_newbie
Good idea - but I guess we need to delete the CC info only after the order is shipped?
I'm not positive, but I believe once your order is submitted it's pretty much locked in and it won't affect anything if you delete your saved information. I could be wrong, but we'll see.
Old 02-09-12, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Wow. Murphy's Law strikes again. After waiting a couple weeks, I finally asked a friend with Prime to order Doctor Zhivago BD yesterday morning for $9.49 from Amazon. He said they said the expected delivery was this Friday, so it has probably already shipped. The very next day (today) J&R has it for $6.99. Figures. It should teach me a lesson never to cave in and pay more than $8 for any BD under any circumstances.

Also, I signed up for the Friends program at J&R in November I think. I never once read or saw that you had to pay for it. Now people have me worried that I need to go and cancel it. I haven't seen any charges yet on my CC (but maybe they have my old one that expired).
Old 02-09-12, 08:13 AM

cant seem to find Dr. Zhivago using search...

EDIT: found it. Search for Doctor Zhivago, not Dr. Zhivago
Old 02-09-12, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

In the hour I waited for my friend who ordered this for me from Amazon to reply if he could cancel the Amazon order, it went out of stock at J&R. Then he canceled the Amazon order, so I just placed an order from J&R while it's out of stock. My friend said Amazon said I should get it in 2 days (which I figured was wrong as Amazon is also out of stock), but instead of using my instincts and ordering immediately at J&R I waited for his reply. It's nice to find someone willing to do this for me, but it's bad that going through someone else means I can't change Amazon orders on a whim.

I know I probably won't get it because J&R probably won't get more within 14 days, but the fact that it was $6.99 at J&R and Amazon has been $9.49 for weeks makes me think maybe they have too many of these and there should be more sales on it. This has once again slapped me in the face for daring to cross my $8 threshold for a catalog release BD. If I miss it, then I miss it. Great movie, but I watch it about once every 5-10 years (just too many other movies to watch).

The only thing I wonder about is whether this is the digibook edition at J&R. It would be easy to confirm if Amazon (which is supposedly so great) could be bothered to list UPC numbers for their products instead of a ASIN which means nothing to me.

I also learned that once you place an order at jandr.com, you can't cancel it online.
And where is this $9.99 business about the Friends program? When you sign up there isn't any mention of that.

Last edited by Manzana; 02-09-12 at 09:46 AM.
Old 02-09-12, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Manzana
The only thing I wonder about is whether this is the digibook edition at J&R. It would be easy to confirm if Amazon (which is supposedly so great) could be bothered to list UPC numbers for their products instead of a ASIN which means nothing to me.
Although Amazon does not show the UPC, I think the information is there. If you take a UPC and search Amazon for it, it does bring the correct product up. At least it has for me each of the times I tried to do this, including yesterday for Dr Zhivago (which is 883929086979.)
Old 02-09-12, 10:22 AM

Amadeus is now $13.99.........
Old 02-09-12, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Manzana
And where is this $9.99 business about the Friends program? When you sign up there isn't any mention of that.
They don't currently have a membership price listed, as they are offering free introductory memberships. It's the "introductory" part that had me worried I'd be billed at some point in the future without opting out. Since they state it doesn't auto-renew, hopefully that won't be an issue.

Originally Posted by J&R Friends With Benefits FAQ
Q: How much is the Membership Fee?
A: Friends with Benefits Basic is normally $9.99, but as an introductory offer we are currently waiving the fee.
Originally Posted by J&R Friends With Benefits Terms and Conditions:
FWB BASIC PROGRAM MEMBERSHIP FEE
The Membership Fee shall be as stated in the then-current J&R Friends with Benefits Fee Schedule . We may change the Membership fee or run special promotions at any time, but any changes to the Membership Fee will apply only to new or renewed memberships.

TERM
Your membership term will commence upon your enrollment in the FWB Basic Program and will continue for a period of twelve (12) months, unless earlier terminated or canceled in accordance with the FWB Basic Terms. Benefits will commence with your initial Qualifying Order.

MEMBERSHIP CANCELLATION
You have the right to cancel your Membership at any time. You can cancel your Membership by (i) logging into your account and click cancel membership (ii) calling us at 1-800-426-6027 or (iii) contacting us via e-mail at [email protected]. J&R may cancel your Membership at any time, without any refund of your Membership Fee, if J&R determines, in its discretion, you have violated these FWB Basic Terms or any applicable law, engage in fraudulent conduct, or misuse or abuse the FWB Basic Program, including but not limited to acting as a reseller.
Old 02-09-12, 03:35 PM

looks like this might be dead. Neither are showing up in searches anymore...
Old 02-09-12, 05:01 PM

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by efordvt
looks like this might be dead. Neither are showing up in searches anymore...
Interesting. They have disabled it from active inventory so it don't show in the search. I had it in cart yesterday. And when l looked in my cart today, voila, its still there
Old 02-09-12, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You can still add it to your cart using the cache page on Google. It shows $31.99 but add it to your cart and it will give you the $6.99 price. However there is no guarantee they would honor any orders placed.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...ient=firefox-a

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.