$8 off 3 disc
$5 off 2 disc

Enter UPC# 786936284058

http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com...pg_ladyupgrade
Old 02-02-12, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 442 Likes on 301 Posts
Re: Lady and the Tramp coupon

Hm, this is the first upgrade coupon I can remember where they accept the VHS or Laserdisc UPC also.
Old 02-02-12, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 271 Likes on 204 Posts

I remember a couple of the other ones accepted VHS at least, I think it was Pinocchio, since I remember actually entering the codes from my copy.
Old 02-02-12, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bluetoast
I remember a couple of the other ones accepted VHS at least, I think it was Pinocchio, since I remember actually entering the codes from my copy.
I remember Monsters, Inc., Toy Story and Toy Story 2 and walking out with each one for practically free.

However, I already pre-ordered from Amazon and my pre-order is down to $17.99 due to Amazon's $10 coupon late last year. If there's somehow a coupon in addition to this upgrade coupon... well... I'm going to take sweet, sweet advantage of it.
Old 02-04-12, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks like TRU came through, again. Their price for the 2-disc is going to be $22.99 and 3-disc is going to be $24.99. So that makes it $17.99 for the 2-disc or $16.99 for the 3-disc. And on top of that they're offering a free $5 gift card with purchase. If you go ahead of time, you can also do the pre-order and get $10 off any Disney blu-ray $19.99 & up. Though there aren't any good prices, right now, it might help for someone really wanting to pick something up. Most run around $29.99 so that would make them $19.99. Not super great (especially since Target has them for that price already), but there might be one that doesn't normally go on sale.
Old 02-05-12, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Can these Disney coupons not be printed in black and white? It always hangs for me when I try. Is there a setting I can change in the coupon program?
Old 02-05-12, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Brooklyn
Can these Disney coupons not be printed in black and white? It always hangs for me when I try. Is there a setting I can change in the coupon program?
Works for me by having my printer set to b/w. Worked fine in IE, FF and chrome. I don't think there are any settings you can change in their coupon program.
Old 02-05-12, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by obidawsn
It looks like TRU came through, again. Their price for the 2-disc is going to be $22.99 and 3-disc is going to be $24.99. So that makes it $17.99 for the 2-disc or $16.99 for the 3-disc. And on top of that they're offering a free $5 gift card with purchase. If you go ahead of time, you can also do the pre-order and get $10 off any Disney blu-ray $19.99 & up. Though there aren't any good prices, right now, it might help for someone really wanting to pick something up. Most run around $29.99 so that would make them $19.99. Not super great (especially since Target has them for that price already), but there might be one that doesn't normally go on sale.
Okay, I think I'll cancel Amazon and pre-order at TRU. But, do I have to buy the other Disney title immediately, or can I use the $5 GC on it as well?
Old 02-05-12, 01:20 PM

think I'm going to do this
- go to bb
- pm walmarts site for 27.99 on the 3 disc
- use $8 coup
- also get miracle blu ($16.99) $10 off with purchase
- get a plush (free)
------------
$29.13 after tax
Old 02-05-12, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Okay, I think I'll cancel Amazon and pre-order at TRU. But, do I have to buy the other Disney title immediately, or can I use the $5 GC on it as well?
While I have very little Toys R Us experience when it comes to buying movies, I can tell you on other gift card promos for other items at TRU I was always told the GC doesn't activate for at least several hours or even the next day. So I'd go in expecting you won't be able to use the GC at the same time.

I can't use TRU's ad to PM at Target or Walmart because I have to have an original version because TRU is too cheap to put their ads in the newspaper any more in my area, and to go to TRU to get the ad would cost more time and gas than it's worth. Besides, doesn't TRU normally only have enough Disney new releases for how many preorders they get? So I would have to go twice... once to preorder and once to pickup. So while TRU does have the best prices sometimes, the fact they choose to put their stores about 30 miles apart and I'm dead in the middle of them means TRU is usually not worth the time and gas cost to save $5-$10. Target and Walmart are a more reasonable 4-5 miles apart. BBs are about 8 miles apart.
Old 02-05-12, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JAYARE
think I'm going to do this
- go to bb
- pm walmarts site for 27.99 on the 3 disc
- use $8 coup
- also get miracle blu ($16.99) $10 off with purchase
- get a plush (free)
------------
$29.13 after tax

The Best Buy $10 off offer with purchase of another Disney title is "online only." LINK

Is there another offer you are referring to?
Old 02-06-12, 08:38 AM

Not super familiar with amazon dealings yet. I usually purchase my stuff in store, but a relocation has made this more of a hassle. Is there a way to connect my upgrade coupon to amazon? Thanks for any help!
Old 02-06-12, 09:10 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by doh102
Not super familiar with amazon dealings yet. I usually purchase my stuff in store, but a relocation has made this more of a hassle. Is there a way to connect my upgrade coupon to amazon? Thanks for any help!
No.
Old 02-06-12, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by snausages
The Best Buy $10 off offer with purchase of another Disney title is "online only." LINK

Is there another offer you are referring to?
well damn
Old 02-06-12, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

You have to buy the other Disney title when you do the pre-order, and you don't get the giftcard until you pick up the movie, so no, you can't use the giftcard on the other movie that you got discounted for pre-ordering.

But here's another question, anyone know if there's any other disney movie pre-order cards (maybe Muppets?) at TRU right now, that we might be able to use to get a discount when purchasing LatT?
Old 02-06-12, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by obidawsn
Great summary. Thanks. In the past, TRU would just get DVD packaging but (at least based on their ad) it looks like they have blu ray packaging this time.
Old 02-06-12, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana
Besides, doesn't TRU normally only have enough Disney new releases for how many preorders they get?
Not usually. Maybe it's different with each store (or even movie), but I've usually been able to go in and get one. I did have a problem finding a Dumbo, but I asked an employee in the electronics section (where they keep the blu-rays usually) and they looked it up in the computer and saw they had some. There weren't any on the shelf, so they asked a manager who said they didn't have any in the back. The original employee got the key, anyway, and checked in the back and found a case of them. But that's the only issue I've had (other than them only having the DVD case, which shouldn't be a problem with the 3-disc). They have had issues of being out of promo items (i.e. posters and such).

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
You have to buy the other Disney title when you do the pre-order, and you don't get the giftcard until you pick up the movie, so no, you can't use the giftcard on the other movie that you got discounted for pre-ordering.

But here's another question, anyone know if there's any other disney movie pre-order cards (maybe Muppets?) at TRU right now, that we might be able to use to get a discount when purchasing LatT?
I have heard that there is a pre-order for Muppets, but haven't seen it personally. I was in there Thursday and didn't see anything, but I read that someone did it with Treasure Buddies, so maybe I either just missed it or they didn't have it out at my store, yet. It does say have the Muppets pre-order deal on their website, though, which would usually indicate they have it in store as well. With that deal, it would make the movie $11.99 + $5 GC (and $5 towards Muppets, if you wanted). And hopefully the Muppets would be a good price, and you could use the gift card towards Muppets (remember that the gift card expires on 3/31/12 according to the fine print, but Muppets comes out March 20, so it should still work). So if Muppets was $24.99 (guessing at an average price for TRU), it would be $24.99 - $5 GC - $5 pre-order = $14.99 - DMR coupon (probably, at least, $5). So it would probably only be $9.99. So $22 for both.

Last edited by obidawsn; 02-06-12 at 12:22 PM.
Old 02-06-12, 01:33 PM

Yes there is indeed a Muppets pre-order card ($10) . I was able to pick it up - when I picked up Treasure Buddies.
Old 02-06-12, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks for the advice guys. However I don't see anything in the flyer about buying another movie and getting $10 off, or did I miss it? (I'm looking at the online version of it). Also my Amazon order may already be ready for shipping so I could be late to this.
Old 02-06-12, 06:07 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm thinking of purchasing this bluray at Toys R Us using the $10 off discount for the Muppets pre-order. However I have no interest in the Muppets and was wondering if I could eventually get my $5 deposit refunded back a few days after and if so would this have any consequence on the $10 discount I received for Lady and the Tramp? Also, does anyone know if perhaps Toys R Us is offering a pre-order card with $10 discount for The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride bluray? If so, than I'd prefer to do that since I would keep that pre-order as well. Thanks for any help!
Old 02-06-12, 07:40 PM

Thanks for the advice guys. However I don't see anything in the flyer about buying another movie and getting $10 off, or did I miss it? (I'm looking at the online version of it). Also my Amazon order may already be ready for shipping so I could be late to this.
Mine already shipped, but if I can pull off the deal with the Muppets pre-order tomorrow, I'm gonna send it back.
Old 02-06-12, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by PaperJen
Hello everyone,

I'm thinking of purchasing this bluray at Toys R Us using the $10 off discount for the Muppets pre-order. However I have no interest in the Muppets and was wondering if I could eventually get my $5 deposit refunded back a few days after and if so would this have any consequence on the $10 discount I received for Lady and the Tramp? Also, does anyone know if perhaps Toys R Us is offering a pre-order card with $10 discount for The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride bluray? If so, than I'd prefer to do that since I would keep that pre-order as well. Thanks for any help!
I've cancelled pre-orders and gotten my money back before, no consequence on the title I already purchased with the pre-order discount.
Old 02-06-12, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

So can I do this:

BBy: $17.99 after $5 off
Pricematch Target for $8 off another Blu so get Dumbo for $11.99
Free Plush

That wont work it seems just after typing it lol
Old 02-06-12, 10:20 PM

I've cancelled pre-orders and gotten my money back before, no consequence on the title I already purchased with the pre-order discount.
Thank you! Good to know :-)
Old 02-06-12, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,032 Likes on 4,117 Posts

I did once, but it was a huge to-do, requiring a manager's override and was just a royal pain.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.