Print Wikipost

Best Buy / bestbuy.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-18, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts
Re: Best Buy / bestbuy.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I was at BB just a bit ago and while mine has gotten rid of 90% of CDs the media and video game section has largely remained the same...thankfully. I still like browsing. It's a tad smaller but they still have a decent size section.
That's essentially what they did here. While they reduced the footprint of the DVD/BR section they changed the way the titles are displayed (now sideways rather than face on for most). Appearances are they kept about the same number of titles, just fewer copies of each and in a smaller space. The game dept. looks untouched.
Old 11-12-18, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I visited Best Buy yesterday and they've shrunk the media department down even further than last time. The cheap bargain bins have been removed from the floor.

I don't think there is any way they are still carrying media by 2020. They are looking to get rid of it.
Yeah I noticed that too at the one we went to on Friday. It was regulated to one tiny area WAY back in the back. They had the bargain bins but everything was stuck together and unless I really went looking for it, I wouldn't have known it was there. That aside, the only good thing I noticed is that they had a lot of 4k's. I'd say it was probably a 1/3 of the entire display not counting the 2 bargain bins. Too bad I had everything I needed though.
Old 11-12-18, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Kedrix
It was regulated to one tiny area WAY back in the back.
Relegated?
Old 11-12-18, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

I visited Best Buy yesterday and they've shrunk the media department down even further than last time. The cheap bargain bins have been removed from the floor.

I don't think there is any way they are still carrying media by 2020. They are looking to get rid of it.
Ditto here. I went to use the mystery certificate I got and was shocked how small the department was. They removed the bins at my Best Buy as well. I ended up just not buying anything.
Old 11-12-18, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I searched the $5.99 bin and found Reservoir Dogs on blu with digital. I took the "mystery certificate" to the front without verifying the amount and--shock!--it was $5. So... $1.
Old 11-13-18, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by izatright
I searched the $5.99 bin and found Reservoir Dogs on blu with digital. I took the "mystery certificate" to the front without verifying the amount and--shock!--it was $5. So... $1.
I just brought this up in another thread. Let us know which disc that is. I'm curious if it's different than the original run discs that have had issues.
Old 11-13-18, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

My guess is unless the incompetent & overpriced "Geek Squad" saves them, there won't be a b&m Best Buy in 2 years.
Old 11-13-18, 07:29 PM

Found The Barbarian and the Geisha blu-ray starring John Wayne. Was stickered at $5.99 and my cert was for $5, so out the the door for $1.00 + tax.

This was the first time I have set foot into a Best Buy store this calendar year, so I guess the mystery cert worked to get folks into the stores.
Old 11-14-18, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
My guess is unless the incompetent & overpriced "Geek Squad" saves them, there won't be a b&m Best Buy in 2 years.
They have turned their business model into all appliances and smartphones. Everything else looks like it's going to be eventually shuttled.
Old 11-14-18, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

They have turned their business model into all appliances and smartphones. Everything else looks like it's going to be eventually shuttled.
They also sell a lot of big-screen TVs and stereo equipment.
Old 11-14-18, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,881 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
Best Buy isn’t at risk. They’re doing shockingly well, actually.
Old 11-14-18, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Of course I pulled a $5 voucher for their promotion, so I ended up taking home their exclusive Universal Monsters Blu-ray set for ~$38.
Old 11-18-18, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts

Just in case folks have missed the announcements -- Best Buy Early access online for Elite/ElitePlus RZ members has started.

Seems like a lot more Movies this year than last -- about 100 BD and UHD currently available
Old 11-18-18, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Fargo Season 2 (Blu-ray) $5.99 + Free Store Pickup @ Best Buy
On sale for $6.99 w/ free shipping or $5.99 w/ store pickup discount

Add the Blu-ray to cart, select shipping first and process to checkout, as stock permits, it'll give you $1 off at checkout for picking up in store.

Credit to PM over at SD

Last edited by JoeySeven; 11-18-18 at 02:35 AM.
Old 11-18-18, 06:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Just in case folks have missed the announcements -- Best Buy Early access online for Elite/ElitePlus RZ members has started.

Seems like a lot more Movies this year than last -- about 100 BD and UHD currently available
Thanks. You just made me spend money on more shit I don't need. When my wife asks I'm throwing you right under the bus.
Old 11-18-18, 06:53 AM

Does anyone know if early access will work in-store? I wan't the Avengers Infinity War UHD, which shows the early access price, but also says in store only.
Old 11-18-18, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by UPSChris
Does anyone know if early access will work in-store? I wan't the Avengers Infinity War UHD, which shows the early access price, but also says in store only.
Not anymore. I just now bought it online. I suppose they ran out but added more stock to meet demand. Anyway, to answer your question, no it won't work in store.
Old 11-18-18, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by UPSChris
I don't think so, but I'll report if I hear differently. I think the early access is supposed to be online only.
Old 11-18-18, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

So I'm an idiot...

I placed 2 orders, one for $300 to get $30 back from my American Express, and another for about $19 using my $15 bonus reward from using my BB credit card. The problem is, I accidentally ordered King Kong 4K on both orders.

I'm definitely not touching the AmEx order so I don't get screwed out of $30 so my question is, does anyone know what happens when you return an item when you used a reward and, more specifically, if you use a promotional reward? From what I've read, you're supposed to get the points back, but I'm not sure if that will happen since it was promotional.
Old 11-18-18, 11:30 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by joltman
So I'm an idiot...

I placed 2 orders, one for $300 to get $30 back from my American Express, and another for about $19 using my $15 bonus reward from using my BB credit card. The problem is, I accidentally ordered King Kong 4K on both orders.

I'm definitely not touching the AmEx order so I don't get screwed out of $30 so my question is, does anyone know what happens when you return an item when you used a reward and, more specifically, if you use a promotional reward? From what I've read, you're supposed to get the points back, but I'm not sure if that will happen since it was promotional.
You near a store? I’d try an even swap exchange with the 2nd order one and cross my fingers.
Old 11-18-18, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by joltman
So I'm an idiot...

If the $15 reward/promo was listed under the RZ Points you should be OK. I guess you call RZ CSR and ask them what they see on theri screens

I had a $30 Promo CC reward that appeared to be a normal RZ certificate. In the purchase history the redemption reads Discount/Rewards Certificate just like any other RZ certificate.
There isn't a special listing as a promotion.

Last edited by hariseldon; 11-18-18 at 12:29 PM.
Old 11-18-18, 04:54 PM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts

Revenge - $6.99
Old 11-18-18, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

The Godfather Trilogy for $9.99 is already showing as sold out online. Will it show as in stock on Thanksgiving Day for the non elite?
Old 11-18-18, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,881 Likes on 1,238 Posts

It might even show back up tonight. If it's anything like years past, they seem to have an allotment for each preview window so everyone gets a fair shot.
Old 11-18-18, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeySeven
Fargo Season 2 (Blu-ray) $5.99 + Free Store Pickup @ Best Buy
On sale for $6.99 w/ free shipping or $5.99 w/ store pickup discount

Add the Blu-ray to cart, select shipping first and process to checkout, as stock permits, it'll give you $1 off at checkout for picking up in store.

Credit to PM over at SD
I wish my $5 off hadn't expired 2 days ago!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.