DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DVD Polizei
Print Wikipost

Best Buy / bestbuy.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-17, 03:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Best Buy / bestbuy.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

The BB app let me checkout as me! I was getting logged off too when trying to order a few things.

My Wonder Woman 4K order was a guest checkout though. Not worth calling on for points on $10 purchase though. However ...

I'm not sure if this will actually get you the My Best Buy points, but check the confirmation email for any guest order and click on "View Order Status," Then there should be a link to "Sign in or create an account to add the order to your purchase history."

I did that and it said that it was added but I'm still not seeing it.

Last edited by popegregFKAgoblin23; 11-23-17 at 05:55 PM.
Old 11-23-17, 03:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

I got a small order in about a half hour ago. I checked out as a guest though. Between this small order and a couple of small orders from Amazon, the stuff I was most interested in has been acquired so I'm pleased.
Old 11-23-17, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

gonna make it different this year and completely stay off all BF media 'deals'. Happy Thanksgiving to all of the community.
Old 11-23-17, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

After a half hour of trying last night, I went to sleep.

Work up around 3:30, was able to checkout but it didn't pull up my saved CC info, ended up using Paypal to complete order.

I feel like every year their website hangs up big time on BF, you'd think they'd get this sorted out by now
Old 11-23-17, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

For those worried about the BB Points, give it some time (not working yet because order is too new) and you can add the order to your "missing" points section of your account on the web-site by using the order number, zip code, and order total.
Old 11-23-17, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got a shipping notice and tracking number about 2.5 hours ago.

I hope that this part of the experience goes better for everyone who struggled earlier.
Old 11-23-17, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

I went to bed at 2:30 last night without success. I woke up at 6AM, and most of my cart was still intact, except for Trolls and Baby Driver. So I checked out without them. I got Trolls for $6 this morning from Target. I don't know if it's worth driving to Best Buy this evening just to see if I can find Baby Driver for 6.99. I can buy it for 2 dollars more at Amazon right now, but I don't feel compelled to for some reason.
Old 11-23-17, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 375 Likes on 235 Posts

Got everything I wanted, though I ran into the same long delays with BB. Aside from sacrificing several hours of sleep last night, I was happy overall. Avoiding the stores is nice.
Old 11-24-17, 11:33 PM

I bought most of my stuff from Best Buy except for a couple movies like Logan 4K and Brooklyn. I loved that early access for Elite Status members. I didn't even go to the physical store today since there really was nothing else to look for

How long does elite status last? It looks like I will get to Elite Plus this month. Do I get elite plus for another years since it will kick in soon?
Old 11-25-17, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,879 Likes on 1,237 Posts

If you move up to Elite Plus in the next few months, you should keep that status until March 2019. My calendar might be a bit off , but I believe those statuses run March to March, and your status will hold for at least a full year.
Old 11-25-17, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not sure but I think mine is calendar year. Perhaps it's just your anniversary date? I put so much through my BB MC I get there in a few months anyway. I like the year round free shipping because I get more RZ points towards future purchases so I'm always ahead of Amazon.
Old 11-26-17, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Anyone else received emails from BB about purchases on your account you didn't make ? I just received two order confirmation emails for a TV and a Flash Drive I didn't place. I also received two follow up emails canceling the same saying the CC could not be verified. The orders exist in my order status - I just logged into my BB account, changed my password to a 'super strong' one and deleted my credit card on file. Would urge you guys to do the same as something's fishy.

EDIT: And someone has updated my email id as well, so I can't login with my account email id.

Last edited by laidbacklarkin; 11-26-17 at 04:55 PM.
Old 11-27-17, 08:16 AM

So...I have a gift card that should have around $75 on it. I did a return to it of around $65 back in June.
I went to the local store the other day and they told me it only has $6 on it.
I called the card customer service line and was told there was never anything returned to it.
They told me it's no big deal, I just go back to the store where it was supposed to have been done (over an hour and a half away), tell them what happened (with no proof, receipt, or exact date), and they will fix it for me.

Hmm. For some reason, I am doubtful that this will be handled satisfactorily.
Old 11-27-17, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by hariseldon
I'm going to hope that you are signed up to get for Reward Zone points? If so the numbers about purchase and return should be linked there even if you're not Elite since it should show the initial purchase and return.

No chance you kept the original receipt and return slips
I am, but I am wondering if she ever even processed the return.
It was very hectic and I had three of my daughters with me, so lots of distractions.
I may have the receipts around somewhere, but no idea where at this point since we moved and then also had a second emergency move, so EVERYTHING is in storage somewhere right now.
Old 11-27-17, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,243 Likes on 854 Posts

My BF order arrived today ... damn that was fast! I haven’t opened it yet though ... maybe I shouldn’t get too excited.
Old 11-28-17, 07:40 AM

Game of Thrones: Seasons 1-6 [Blu-ray]. $59.99

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/game-of...oc=0&acampID=0
Old 11-28-17, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

at $10 a season, that's a fucking steal. But it's almost worth waiting for a complete collection at this point since there are only two more seasons for the set.

Amazon is also price matching it.
Old 11-28-17, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 649 Likes on 471 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
at $10 a season, that's a fucking steal. But it's almost worth waiting for a complete collection at this point since there are only two more seasons for the set.

My thinking too... although I've purchased each season as it's come out. I'm basically annoyed that this set has standard BR cases. I want that and not those fold out digipak pieces of junk that's used with the individual releases.
Old 11-28-17, 02:27 PM

Best Buy Sold out and Amazon no longer matching.
Old 11-28-17, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mattysemo247

Thank you for saving me the cost of this set. Due to your reasoning, I decided to wait after I read your post this morning. I imagine they'll have some interesting packaging selections for the complete series.
Old 12-03-17, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I was excited to see Fargo S3 is released tuesday but the excitement only lasted a moment until I realized it is ONLY on DVD. I suppose I have Fox to thank for that BS.
Old 12-03-17, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

This starts today.

Get a Free $10 Savings Code* When You Choose Store Pickup

Fine print:
Spoiler:
*Offer valid 12/3/17–12/16/17 on BestBuy.com orders with Store Pickup items totaling $10 or more (before taxes and shipping costs). Limit of 3 qualified transactions (limit of $30 in savings codes) during the promotional period. Limit 1 savings code per customer per transaction. Valid e-mail address must be provided when ordering to receive savings code. Savings code(s) will be e-mailed starting on 1/14/18 and are valid through 2/3/18. Savings code(s) may be redeemed online or in store. Not valid if your order is canceled, your item(s) are returned, or on item(s) that are not available for Store Pickup. Products from the following brands are excluded from this Store Pickup offer: BoseŽ, Boston Acoustics, Breville, Electrolux, Google, Leap, Sonos, and Wacom. In addition, select televisions, sound bars and Blu-ray players from Samsung, Sony and LG, the Dyson Supersonic, select projectors, select Beats by Dr. Dre, and select headphones and portable speakers by Sony are excluded from the offer.

Savings code(s) will be e-mailed starting on 1/14/18 and are valid through 2/3/18

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/custome...hFQ.mbYm2LyhwA

You should screen shot the deal in case you don't get your codes.

Last edited by EinCB; 12-03-17 at 05:52 PM.
Old 12-03-17, 05:14 PM

How would an employee give you problems with a deal where you're not supposed to get the savings code until the middle of January>
Old 12-03-17, 05:33 PM

Just a quick update for anyone that was wondering.
I ended up going all the way out of my way to pick up a couple of clearance items from GameStop (50% off clearance collectibles there until 12/12, btw) at the same mall where I had done the original return, so I went ahead and stopped by.
Took three different people and about an hour to figure out that the employee that did the return to a gift card returned it to a different gift card, even though I handed her my gift card, then didn't give the new card to me.
Luckily, they were able to check and see that the funds were still on the new gift card, and re-issued them to my original gift card.
Not a manager available to help with the issue the whole time I was there.
Glad that they were able to fix it for me though.
Old 12-03-17, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
How would an employee give you problems with a deal where you're not supposed to get the savings code until the middle of January>

Point taken. Edited my post.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.