Last edit by: DVD Polizei
Print Wikipost

Best Buy / bestbuy.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-22, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts
Re: Best Buy / bestbuy.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Best Buy has the steelbooks of Ultra Q, Ultraman, and Ultraseven for $9.99 each. (Amazon pricematched at least one of those; haven’t checked them all.)

Those are incredible deals, and I especially recommend Ultra Q — a rare TV series I immediately wanted to rewatch as soon as I finished the final episode.

(I’m cooler on Ultraman, but I love Ultraseven, even if its monsters — well, aliens — are pretty lackluster.)
The following 3 users liked this post by Adam Tyner:
laidbacklarkin (01-27-22), PerryD (01-27-22), Spiderbite (02-27-22)
Old 01-31-22, 08:14 AM

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Totally agree. Was floored at Ultra Q - one of the best blind buys I have made in a long time.
The following users liked this post:
Adam Tyner (01-31-22)
Old 01-31-22, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
Best Buy has the steelbooks of Ultra Q, Ultraman, and Ultraseven for $9.99 each. (Amazon pricematched at least one of those; haven’t checked them all.)

Those are incredible deals, and I especially recommend Ultra Q — a rare TV series I immediately wanted to rewatch as soon as I finished the final episode.

(I’m cooler on Ultraman, but I love Ultraseven, even if its monsters — well, aliens — are pretty lackluster.)
Got all 3. Thank you
Old 02-05-22, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Turns out these are the first 3 in a set of 7 steelbooks. The last 4 are priced much higher and are in my wishlist to complete the collection.

Ultra Q https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ultra-q...?skuId=6367737
​​​​​​
Ultraman https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ultrama...?skuId=6367506

Ultraseven https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ultrase...?skuId=6377424

Return of Ultraman https://www.bestbuy.com/site/return-...?skuId=6395085

Ultraman Ace https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ultrama...?skuId=6402192

Ultraman Taro https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ultrama...skuId=35113774

Ultraman Leo https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ultrama...?skuId=6453549
The following 2 users liked this post by b2net:
laidbacklarkin (02-05-22), Spiderbite (02-27-22)
Old 02-05-22, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

I haven't seen a great price for Leo yet -- I think $22 is as low as it's gone. (I wound up buying mine on New Year's Eve for $28.) The one before that, Taro, has gone down to $16. Return and Ace have both been down to $14.

But these sets have tons of episodes --- Return through Leo are all something like 51 - 53 episodes -- and take long enough to get through that there's usually a sale on whatever's next by the time I finish one. I've watched the first six series and am on Leo now, and I've really enjoyed nearly all of 'em. Unexpectedly, Ultraman might be my least favorite even though it was the one I was the most excited about revisiting (having seen a few episodes as a kid). I do think I'd probably enjoy it a lot more rewatching it now that I'm better versed in all things Ultra, though. The first episode of Taro was dire, but I warmed up to it quickly after that. I'm near the end of the first disc of Leo, and it's so harsh and bleak that it's kind of a struggle to get through, but hopefully I'll come around on it as well. Ultraseven and Ultra Q remain my favorites. But generally, I'd say that if you enjoy one of these shows, you'll probably like them all.
Old 02-21-22, 08:47 AM

Received 4,580 Likes on 3,100 Posts

Save 20% on 2+ movies or shows

Offer Details
Excludes prior purchases and may exclude clearance, open-box, pre-owned and refurbished items. May not be valid in combination with other offers.

If Bundle and Save savings apply, the savings is taken from the item of equal or lesser value and will be reflected in your cart. Markdowns taken from current, regular or Was prices. Savings may be off item already in cart or may be off item being added to the cart. Savings may also be split among items in cart. Adding additional items to cart may change the savings total. If one of the qualifying items in the bundle is removed from cart, canceled after order or returned after purchase, the Bundle and Save savings will be removed. Valid on in-stock items only. Items may ship separately. Offer subject to change and may not be available in store.

Last edited by dex14; 02-21-22 at 09:00 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Adam Tyner (02-21-22)
Old 02-21-22, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,198 Likes on 4,225 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
Save 20% on 2+ movies or shows

Offer Details
Excludes prior purchases and may exclude clearance, open-box, pre-owned and refurbished items. May not be valid in combination with other offers.

If Bundle and Save savings apply, the savings is taken from the item of equal or lesser value and will be reflected in your cart. Markdowns taken from current, regular or Was prices. Savings may be off item already in cart or may be off item being added to the cart. Savings may also be split among items in cart. Adding additional items to cart may change the savings total. If one of the qualifying items in the bundle is removed from cart, canceled after order or returned after purchase, the Bundle and Save savings will be removed. Valid on in-stock items only. Items may ship separately. Offer subject to change and may not be available in store.
Awesome. I bought five, including three that I have recently bought at full price but haven't yet opened. I will return them for a refund.
Old 02-21-22, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

I ordered:
The Punisher 4k steelbook for 16 plus tax and pre-ordered West Side Story steelbook for 27.99 plus tax. I was also wanting to pre-order the Robocop 4k steelbook for even cheaper, but it won't discount it since it is already being considered discounted at 7 dollars off.
Old 02-21-22, 10:04 AM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts

Yeah, I may have to put in an order and include another Encanto steelbook that I can return back to the store to get $7 back.
Old 02-21-22, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts

I loaded up on some preorders. Just a few dollars more for each title than a Target B2G1, which are excluding preorders much more often now.
Old 02-21-22, 01:35 PM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts

Picked up the new Ten Commandments 65th anniversary edition, Howling, 12 Monkeys, Sword and the Sorcerer and the new West Side Story steelbook.
Old 02-21-22, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ouch my pocketbook. This helped put quite a dent in the wishlist (ie Saved Items). Had to pull back the reigns. Yet grabbed some stuff that never goes on sale most anywhere.

Almost picked up Rockford Files complete series (5 Seasons) for 33.59. Yet feel satisfied watching it on Peacock and doubt I'll watch it again beyond this nostalgia viewing.

Some good deals to be had for sure.
Old 02-22-22, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by b2net
Ouch my pocketbook. This helped put quite a dent in the wishlist (ie Saved Items). Had to pull back the reigns. Yet grabbed some stuff that never goes on sale most anywhere.

Almost picked up Rockford Files complete series (5 Seasons) for 33.59. Yet feel satisfied watching it on Peacock and doubt I'll watch it again beyond this nostalgia viewing.

Some good deals to be had for sure.
I hear you. I have so many movies that I know I'll never watch again. I seem to think I'm the local branch of the Smithsonian Institute.
Old 02-22-22, 02:46 PM

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

With the demise of the Warner Archive 4 for $44 I've had a number of their titles in my cart on Amazon waiting for a price drop. With this deal I picked up the following at BB instead at decent if not spectacular prices:

Damn Yankees $14.39
The Naked Spur $14.39
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers $14.39

Seven Brides was always excluded from the 4 for $44 sales, presumably because it's a 2 disc set.
Old 02-25-22, 05:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Made a couple more orders. All things that rarely go on sale or haven't been on sale in a long time.

There is also the motivation since physical media is diminishing in availability and sometimes goes out of print sooner now.

I did wonder if this sale was a way for BB to reduce stock before exiting the Physical Media space. Here's to hoping it was only an inventory reduction for the sake of reduction and not a retreat from offering Physical Media.
Old 02-26-22, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

They pulled 90% of media from the stores around here 2-3 years ago.
Old 02-26-22, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

It’s also a pretty low-key sale. I haven’t seen it mentioned on a Best Buy deal page or promotional email, anyway.
Old 02-27-22, 06:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
They pulled 90% of media from the stores around here 2-3 years ago.
I've seen that as well. My concern here is will this eliminate the last 8-10%. Leaving either nothing or the abysmal amount that Target now has in store. Or even worse, stop altogether like BB pretty much already did with CDs.

One less competitor will allow Amazon to have less incentive to lower prices.
Old 02-27-22, 06:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It’s also a pretty low-key sale. I haven’t seen it mentioned on a Best Buy deal page or promotional email, anyway.
Which is odd. I heard about it here and didn't even notice it on their site. It only shows up if you click on a title. Then once you have 1 title in the cart, it shows all other titles as you browse with the sale price.

And the sale is still active today.
Old 02-27-22, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by b2net
Which is odd. I heard about it here and didn't even notice it on their site. It only shows up if you click on a title. Then once you have 1 title in the cart, it shows all other titles as you browse with the sale price.

And the sale is still active today.
Interesting - I tried to find it on their *very poorly* designed site and came up empty. I may give that search method a shot - although I've sworn off BB since they left town after a tornado here destroyed their location in the mall and the mall owners chose to not rebuild the parts that were damaged. Supposedly they wanted and were looking for a larger, stand-alone, location but turned down the best one in town that also has a very good location (thousands of cars pass it daily).
Old 02-28-22, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts

Is there any rhyme or reason to how to get the 20% off? I placed a couple orders early on when all you had to do was add two titles, but now that Double Indemnity UHD is on the site I wanted to pick that up too. I was adding random titles and it wouldn't discount until I got to six titles, then I could delete a few and the discount would remain. I tried to get down to just two titles, and the discount disappeared, and wouldn't reappear unless I added several additional titles. I finally got it to work by adding two additional titles, but that took way too much effort.
Old 02-28-22, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by John Galt
Is there any rhyme or reason to how to get the 20% off? I placed a couple orders early on when all you had to do was add two titles, but now that Double Indemnity UHD is on the site I wanted to pick that up too. I was adding random titles and it wouldn't discount until I got to six titles, then I could delete a few and the discount would remain. I tried to get down to just two titles, and the discount disappeared, and wouldn't reappear unless I added several additional titles. I finally got it to work by adding two additional titles, but that took way too much effort.
Seems you need 2 current release eligible titles to be in the cart or most preorders won't work. I'm not if you mix is mostly preorders, but
Old 02-28-22, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by John Galt
Seems you need 2 current release eligible titles to be in the cart or most preorders won't work. I'm not if you mix is mostly preorders, but I don't the discount is random,
Old 03-06-22, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Looks like today is the last day for the 20% off deal.

I finally pulled the trigger on:

Nightmare Alley (UHD)
The Sword and the Sorcerer (UHD)
Labyrinth (35th Anniversary Edition; UHD)
Almost Famous (UHD)
Double Indemnity (UHD)
Monkey Kung Fu
Superior 8 Ultraman Brothers
The Wonderful World of Brothers Grimm
Old 03-12-22, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Walked into a Best Buy the other day and found the Silence of the Lambs 4K disc from Kino for $19.99. The first 20 minutes have some sort of color timing issue but figured why not.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.