Print Wikipost

Best Buy / bestbuy.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-21, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 602 Likes on 435 Posts
Re: Best Buy / bestbuy.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Yeah, should have just kept it.

Peobably cost them more to do what you were trying to do then for you to just not do anything.

Old 01-20-21, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,737 Likes on 1,888 Posts

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
Since its been a slow few days sans deals, allow me to regale you with a story of 'fine' customer service, courtesy Best Buy store staff.

My order of 'Blade Runner 2049' 4K disc for $10 during the BF 2020 sale was shipped but tracking didn't move at all and 3 weeks later, BB.com refunded the transaction. Turns out USPS was sitting on it and last Tuesday 1/12, I received it in the mail.

Didn't sit well with me that I was sitting on a 'freebie', so visited the store at Westminster (SoCal) on 1/15 and told them what happened. At first the lady at the register didn't even seem to understand why I was there with a disc when the transaction had been refunded. Explained it to her again, so she took the disc back. I said I would like to purchase it, she called her manager, then rang it up and said, it will be $24.99. I asked why and she says 'thats the current price'. I asked her again - 'do you understand why I am here ? its out of goodwill to make a transaction right. I'd like to purchase it for the $9.99' sale price'. She calls her manager again, then tells me 'we cant sell it to you for $9.99 as it was a sale price' and tossed the disc back to their bin. No concern, no attempt to understand, complete abject indifference. At that point I thought I could have as well given it away to a Goodwill store but then rightfully, the disc was no longer mine as it had been refunded. So walked out of the store, noting once again why I rarely shop BestBuy other than during the BF sale or some deeply discounted media. Few things seem to have changed at BestBuy over the years.
Originally Posted by PerryD
I had an kind of similar experience with Best Buy online once before. I received a box with my name on the outside, but with someone else's order on the inside. I called them up and told them the problem, they asked for the order number of the other order based on the receipt inside, and I gave it to them. Then they told me to mail the package back on my dime, and they would refund me. I asked how they would refund my shipping costs if it was someone else's order. They said trust us. I said, I think I'll just keep it then. Then they said that they would charge me for that order. It kind of went downhill from there. I eventually just called their corporate office to complain about the CS guy and they said just to keep it (it was just a CD).
It's just worth trying to do the right thing when it comes to these corporations.

At best, they're not set up to handle things like this. At worst, they'll fuck you over for their mistakes.
Old 01-21-21, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by joltman
I had a few packages that I finally received after a month of no movement. I still have one Black Friday Blu-ray from Best Buy where the last activity was arriving in a Jersey City, NJ distribution center on December 2. I waited for all of my packages and never contacted the sellers, but at this point I'm thinking about contacting Best Buy.
I did finally get this package yesterday, luckily I never did contact Best Buy so I didn't have to deal with the hassles described above.
Old 02-02-21, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay G.
Cloudy with a Change of Meatballs 3D is $5.99 on Amazon right now:
https://www.amazon.com/Cloudy-With-a.../dp/B003M9ZA4W

Also that price at Best Buy:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cloudy-...?skuId=1019005

Alita: Battle Angle UHD/3D is $12.99 at Best Buy:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/alita-b...?skuId=6333206
Old 07-24-21, 09:42 AM

Best Buy is having a Black Friday in July sale which includes some decent sales. I picked up New Mutants 4K for 14.99
Old 07-24-21, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

Best Buy is having a Black Friday in July sale which includes some decent sales. I picked up New Mutants 4K for 14.99
I had this in the cart and almost pulled the trigger but I think this will be one of those $8-$10 Black Friday 4Ks.

The Phantasm Sphere has been popping back into stock around the country if you have been waiting it might be worth while to check local stores.
The following users liked this post:
randian (07-24-21)
Old 07-24-21, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

BB also has a "buy $100 Apple gift card, get a $10 BB gift card" deal going on.
Old 07-24-21, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Anyone have any idea what's up with the Almost Famous 4k Steelbook? It just came out a week ago and there are zero copies within 250 miles and it's not available for shipping. Looks like it can be had for a few bucks more on Amazon whenever they get some as it's not currently in stock either.

It just seems weird that a catalog title would be sold out this soon after release.
Old 07-24-21, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Anyone have any idea what's up with the Almost Famous 4k Steelbook? It just came out a week ago and there are zero copies within 250 miles and it's not available for shipping. Looks like it can be had for a few bucks more on Amazon whenever they get some as it's not currently in stock either.

It just seems weird that a catalog title would be sold out this soon after release.
It’s supposed to be a limited edition Steelbook. Maybe they made a really limited run of them? I preordered it from Best Buy and I had no problem getting it. Edited to add that it looks like it’s not available at any Best Buy near me too.
Michael Corvin (07-24-21)
Old 07-25-21, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts

One annoying thing is that Almost Famous is on sale too, so I’m seeing a discounted price and a complete lack of availability.

But Amazon is suggesting they’ll be in stock soon, so maybe that’ll hold true for Best Buy as well.
Old 07-25-21, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by SterlingBen
I had this in the cart and almost pulled the trigger but I think this will be one of those $8-$10 Black Friday 4Ks.
Normally I would wait for $10 but since it's Disney now I'm not sure it will go that low.
Old 07-25-21, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

I had it preordered at Amazon and Best Buy months in advance and still haven’t had a copy shipped to me yet.
Old 11-01-21, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Best Buy has Black Friday pricing on a bunch of movies right now, including many in UHD.

I have most of what’s on sale that I’d want, but I did just snag Nobody (UHD) for ten bucks.
laidbacklarkin (11-01-21)
Old 11-01-21, 07:18 AM

I picked up the following UHDs for 9.99 each
Wonder Woman 1984
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
Blade
Jojo Rabbit

Would have been nice if we saw all of the Black Friday prices ahead of time, but at least Best Buy has returns through Jan 16 and will price match themselves through Nov 26
Old 11-01-21, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Ordered Nobody and News of the World 4K for ISP. I was tempted to pick up Blade and V For Vendetta, but I'm trying to avoid double dipping on movies unless it's a big upgrade.
Old 11-01-21, 12:46 PM

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Amazon is matching most items in Best Buy's early Black Friday sale.
Old 11-01-21, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 86 Likes on 71 Posts

All I want is 5 movies. But for some reason BB accepts my order then cancels it soon after saying the bank denied the transaction.
But I tried 2 different CCs and also Paypal and none of them work. No problems at any of the other online retailers and my addresses are current.

CS is no help. I wonder if they flagged my account, as I bought about 30 movies last black Friday but return about 4 of them and the last time I bought from BB was around 2/2021. I'm stumped as it looks like I'm the only one having problems with the site. I guess I'll go buy from Amazon next time. Help!
Old 11-01-21, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts

Returning 4 out of 30 shouldn't even make a ripple so that doesn't seem likely unless you had a ton of big item returns before that and that might have been the last straw.,
Old 11-01-21, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Only a few movies I returned over the years out of buying 100's, ok maybe between 50 and 100 the last 5 years.
That is why I'm not sure what happened to my account. It is probably on my end but everything looks good. I just have not ordered from them in about 7 months.

Added
I'm going to make sure everything matches exactly what my bank has on recorded.
As I'm the 3rd Joe in my family, and sometimes I use III but not every online account has that suffix.
That would be crazy if that was what was canceling my orders.

Update two.
The forum admin over at the BBY forums was no help.
Doing some more research I believe it might be a VPN or adblocker on my laptop.
But I have no VPN changer. Going to try one more time using my phone or a different computer.

Last edited by JoeySeven; 11-05-21 at 04:34 PM.
Old 11-01-21, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Good for those who have 4k, but that's not much for blu-ray. I want It's a Wonderful Life but not worth it yet. Hoping they release more deals soon.
Old 11-02-21, 10:28 AM

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Per the Best Buy website these prices are the lowest they plan to sell these items this holiday season . So unless another retailer that Best Buy matches beats these prices these are as low as these movies are going to go for this year. As Best Buy is guaranteeing the prices, if they go lower through a price match, you will get the difference back.

"Its a Wonderfuol Life" 4K sold for $9.99 last year at Amazon. That $5 less that Best Buy is selling it this year. Perhaps Amazon will offer it for the same price before Christmas.

Last edited by Classic Films; 11-04-21 at 08:07 AM.
Old 11-02-21, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeySeven
All I want is 5 movies. But for some reason BB accepts my order then cancels it soon after saying the bank denied the transaction.
But I tried 2 different CCs and also Paypal and none of them work. No problems at any of the other online retailers and my addresses are current.

CS is no help. I wonder if they flagged my account, as I bought about 30 movies last black Friday but return about 4 of them and the last time I bought from BB was around 2/2021. I'm stumped as it looks like I'm the only one having problems with the site. I guess I'll go buy from Amazon next time. Help!
It's strange they even refused Paypal. In my experience, most stores will automatically accept Paypal even when a credit card is refused. I would dread having to deal with BB's customer service line this time of year.
Old 11-03-21, 02:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeySeven

What browser are you using? As much as I like it, Firefox is overdoing security so much these days that it doesn't work with some sites; especially when you're being re-routed to complete a transaction. Malware bytes browser guard is also known to cause a similar problem on occasion. I finally found a reason to occasionally use Edge..............
Old 11-03-21, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

^
I'm using Google chrome but also tried Windows Edge and reset my laptop yesterday. I usually clean it up about once a month.
Tried one more time today to check out as a guest and used a different email addy and CC. yes canceled again.
I use uBlock but had it turned off, but left it on after my computer reset. I'm throwing in the towel.
Already bought one movie off Amazon and if I really want something they have on sale, I'll just try to use a family or friends account.
Just really wanted Jojo Rabbit 4k, but I should stop buying 4k movies until I get a 4k Tv.

Also posted on the Best Buy support forums, so maybe one of the BBY admins can help me out.
As a few other posters over at BBY forums have a similar problem.

Last edited by JoeySeven; 11-05-21 at 01:03 PM.
Old 11-04-21, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Out of the pre-Black Friday 4K titles available, I picked up V For Vendetta, Blade and 300 at my local B&M store earlier today.

These were the titles that I wanted the most off the list, so I was happy to find them all.

Looking forward to what other 4K titles Best Buy will put up for sale next month.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.