Last edit by: DVD Polizei
Print Wikipost

Best Buy / bestbuy.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-17, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts
Re: Best Buy / bestbuy.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

A random selection of Shout! titles are on sale: Return of the Living Dead, Darkman, Escape From New York, Death Wish 2 are 12.99, Slither, Species, Teen Wolf, Teen Wolf Too, Lawnmower Man, Prince of Darkness, The Fog, Virus are 13.99, Raising Cain, Jeepers Creepers, Jeepers creepers 2 are 14.99.

Last edited by DWilson; 10-01-17 at 06:40 PM.
Old 10-02-17, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DWilson
A random selection of Shout! titles are on sale: Return of the Living Dead, Darkman, Escape From New York, Death Wish 2 are 12.99, Slither, Species, Teen Wolf, Teen Wolf Too, Lawnmower Man, Prince of Darkness, The Fog, Virus are 13.99, Raising Cain, Jeepers Creepers, Jeepers creepers 2 are 14.99.
Thanks, I've been hoping to catch Escape from New York for around that price.
Old 10-02-17, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Thanks from me as well, been wanting Darkman for awhile.
Old 10-02-17, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The only I really want (or need) is Lawnmower Man which is not available for store pickup or I would do that in a heartbeat. Maybe Amazon will match that one.
Old 10-02-17, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

^That happens to me with every sale. I'll find a title or two I'd purchase but they're not available for store pickup. I'm not making a large enough order for free shipping. They lose - especially if Amazon PMs the price on those few titles.
Old 10-02-17, 12:52 PM

Yep...I was able to do the original Muppet Movie for $9.99 store pickup. (or $8.99 w/pickup discount)...so I jumped on that. Be weary though, in-store stock on that sucker is thin, I had to go to my "alt" store rather than my usual. But at least I can cross that off my upgrade list.
Old 10-02-17, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
^That happens to me with every sale. I'll find a title or two I'd purchase but they're not available for store pickup. I'm not making a large enough order for free shipping. They lose - especially if Amazon PMs the price on those few titles.
As much as I despise what they stand for, I'm using Walmart more & more. They often waive the free ship threshold (recently got 2 day shipping free on a $15 purchase), store pickup is easy, & they're usually competitive with Amazon & cheaper than the other majors.
Old 10-02-17, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
As much as I despise what they stand for, I'm using Walmart more & more. They often waive the free ship threshold (recently got 2 day shipping free on a $15 purchase), store pickup is easy, & they're usually competitive with Amazon & cheaper than the other majors.

For me, Store Pickup is 15-30 minutes of waiting around every time. Easily.
Old 10-02-17, 07:40 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

I’ll pay more somewhere else than do a Wal-Mart pickup ever again. I’ve never had one good experience doing that shit.
Old 10-02-17, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Decker
For me, Store Pickup is 15-30 minutes of waiting around every time. Easily.
Yep. I've never picked up an order in under 15 minutes. I'll only bother with them if I have something else I "need" to get on the same trip. I'll wait for the pickup and do both at once. But it's never "easy." In fact, they seem to go out of their way to make it a bad experience.

Surprisingly, my last couple of BB store pickups were quite quick and easy. The worst part is I always want a paper receipt and they have to send it to a printer 20 feet away. Somehow it takes far longer than it should. Oh... and their return window is horrible at only 15 days. There've been times I wouldn't use BB for that reason alone.

Last edited by BobO'Link; 10-02-17 at 08:26 PM.
Old 10-02-17, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
They often waive the free ship threshold (recently got 2 day shipping free on a $15 purchase)...
I've only gotten that with pre-orders of media. Nothing else. Ever. But the price never seems to matter on those pre-orders. I got free 2-day shipping on one pre-order that was ~$8. I'll take those any day. Their packaging is usually no better than Amazon's but I have a 90 day return window and can do that in the store.
Old 10-02-17, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by E Unit
I’ll pay more somewhere else than do a Wal-Mart pickup ever again. I’ve never had one good experience doing that shit.
Three words. Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market.

Best Buy pick-up is just as bad as WM.
Old 10-02-17, 08:49 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
In my experience, Walmart is worse and it isn't even close. I can walk into Best Buy, go right up to the counter and get my item without any hassle. Most of the time I'm in and out of the store in 3-4 minutes. At Walmart, I have to walk all the way to the back of the store and then push the Call button that nobody ever responds to. I always end up having to hunt someone down to help me, only to have them tell me they will go find the person who CAN help me. It usually takes 10-15 minutes from start to finish and there have been times where it has taken close to 30 minutes just to get someone who can help me. Needless to say, I would only do Walmart store pickup as an absolute last resort.
Old 10-02-17, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My worst in store experiences have always been at Best Buy. Typically because they only ever have 1 or 2 people manning both the store pickup and CS desks, and there always seems to be at least a couple people in line arguing with the clerks about their return. The only reason I got out of the store in less than 30 minutes the last time is I got pushy and said they needed to help me when the prior customer said they needed to talk to a manager. If I hadn't said something the clerk was just going to sit there and wait rather than help the next person in line.

Never had the same problem at Walmart. Probably because there is never anybody else there waiting for an in store pickup at the same time.

Last edited by hdnmickey; 10-02-17 at 11:20 PM.
Old 10-02-17, 10:01 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Three words. Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market.

Don't know what that is, nor is there one in the entire city of Austin.

I've never spent more than 5 minutes doing in-store pickup at Best Buy, but I rarely shop there for movies.
Old 10-02-17, 10:24 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

Fwiw, in my area/experience, Best Buy store pickups have always gone smoothly, the last one was maybe 90 seconds total. Wal-mart pickups are a pain in the butt though.
Old 10-03-17, 06:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Thanks from me as well, been wanting Darkman for awhile.
Amazon matched BB's "Darkman" price this morning, and at least one or two other of the Shout! titles. Perhaps they'll do the rest...
Old 10-03-17, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Trevor
Fwiw, in my area/experience, Best Buy store pickups have always gone smoothly, the last one was maybe 90 seconds total. Wal-mart pickups are a pain in the butt though.
Agreed. Best Buy pickups go away smoother. I've only had one instance that I can remember where it took a while and that's because the item that was supposed to be picked up got delayed in shipping (and they accidentally marked it as "IN STOCK"). That's it though (and another I did try to pick up my order before it was ready, lol but that was my own fault). Walmart (before I boycotted them), the several in-store pickups I did were huge PITA's. Stuff wasn't there, took forever to find somebody to work the section, etc.
Old 10-03-17, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My local Walmart is really trying to make in store pick up work out. They spray painted arrows in the parking lot, reserved about a dozen parking spaces, and as soon as you walk into the store there is a small area with leather couches and a touch screen to log in and request to pick up your order and then someone brings it to you.
Old 10-03-17, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
My local Walmart is really trying to make in store pick up work out. They spray painted arrows in the parking lot, reserved about a dozen parking spaces, and as soon as you walk into the store there is a small area with leather couches and a touch screen to log in and request to pick up your order and then someone brings it to you.
I haven't experienced any of that, but I have had an occasion where my phone recognizes I'm at Walmart when I walk in and I can click a button so my order can be ready for pick-up. I can't say that made things go any quicker.
Old 10-03-17, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Amazon matched BB's "Darkman" price this morning, and at least one or two other of the Shout! titles. Perhaps they'll do the rest...

I can see them matching all the older Scream! releases. But not the more recent ones like Species, Teen Wolf, and The Lawnmower Man. If you want those movies at the lower prices, best to figure out a way to get them through Best Buy before the prices go back up. Even Scream! Factories own website "Shocktober" sales don't go as low as $13.99 and $12.99.
Old 10-03-17, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amazon matched The Fog and Prince Of Darkness too. Saw it on DailyDVDDeals this morning and got all 3.
Old 10-03-17, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
My worst in store experiences have always been at Best Buy. Typically because they only ever have 1 or 2 people manning both the store pickup and CS desks, and there always seems to be at least a couple people in line arguing with the clerks about their return. The only reason I got out of the store in less than 30 minutes the last time is I got pushy and said they needed to help me when the prior customer said they needed to talk to a manager. If I hadn't said something the clerk was just going to sit there and wait rather than help the next person in line.

Never had the same problem at Walmart. Probably because there is never anybody else there waiting for an in store pickup at the same time.
This describes about 90% of my Best Buy pick-ups.
Old 10-03-17, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by E Unit
Don't know what that is, nor is there one in the entire city of Austin.
It's a WM grocery store. Customer service desk is typically deserted.
Old 10-03-17, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

This describes about 90% of my Best Buy pick-ups.
I don't doubt either of you but I've done store pickup at about 20 BB all over teh country and never had an issue. Likely store dependent.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.