DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   $3 Off Any Universal 100th Anniversary Blu-ray (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/598047-%243-off-any-universal-100th-anniversary-blu-ray.html)

TheBang 01-12-12 10:17 PM

$3 Off Any Universal 100th Anniversary Blu-ray

Get a pair of $3 Off coupons for any Universal 100th Anniversary Blu-ray releases:

How to get your Coupons:

1. Go to http://universal.promo.eprize.com/100thanniversary/
2. Register with a real e-mail address. You will receive a confirmation e-mail that you have registered.
3. Once you've registered, go here http://universal.promo.eprize.com/10...amoe_code_page and enter your e-mail again.
4. Now you will receive an e-mail that contains a spin code.
5. Go back to http://universal.promo.eprize.com/100thanniversary/ (If you get prompted for your e-mail address on this page, just enter your registered e-mail again and then it will take you to the code entry screen.)
6. Enter the spin code that you received via e-mail.
7. Spin the wheel
8. You will most likely win a $3 coupon.
9. Click Next. Click "Print Exclusive Discount" link.
10. Click "Print Coupons". Get a coupon printed.
11. Click the back button on your browser twice. Get a second coupon printed.

Additional Information:

You can use the same registered e-mail to get additional spin codes (start at Step 3).

HOWEVER, a specific computer can only ever print one pair of coupons (steps 10 and 11). If you want to print more than one pair of coupons, you will have to use a new computer for every additional pair of coupons you want to print.

The pair of coupons expire 28 days from the date you press the "Print Coupons" button (Step 10). You should be able to copy the "Print Exclusive Discount" URL (Step 9) and not use it until you're ready to print your coupons, which starts the expiration clock.

The promotion ends on 12/31/12, so assuming they continue to offer $3 off coupons as spin prizes, you should be able to get coupons for rest of the year (assuming you have enough computers to continue printing coupons; virtual machines (with snapshot rollback) might come in handy).

Here is the list of eligible titles (will also be printed on the coupon). This should also include any additional 100th Anniversary titles as they continue to be released throughout the year, including releases such as Jaws and E.T.:

http://www.aloha.com/~tabanger/dvdtalk/uni100.jpg

duganrm 01-12-12 10:26 PM

Re: $3 Off Any Universal 100th Anniversary Blu-ray

might be a YMMV thing but since best buy had to manually put it in, they took it for a random universal title not on the list. I was able to use it with the trade in and save $5 coupon.

TheBang 01-12-12 10:40 PM

It's never going to scan at Best Buy. They never enter the UPC's for these coupons into their POS, so it's up to the cashier's interpretation/discretion as to whether the purchase meets the eligibility criteria.

johnbook 01-12-12 11:44 PM

7. Spin the wheel
8. You will most likely win a $3 coupon.

If not $3, what are the other amounts that can be had???

Classic Films 01-13-12 12:20 AM

So Universal is releasing the public domain films Charade and My Man Godfrey. Will Criterion lose the rights to those films? TCM recently showed a restored print of Godfrey. Should make a good DVD hopefully. Sorry no blu ray for Godfrey.

jrsl76 01-13-12 12:28 AM

Can this be used at Amazon? If so I can re-order the CE of To Kill A Mockingbird with the coupon.

kenbenobi 01-13-12 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by Classic Films (Post 11074373)
So Universal is releasing the public domain films Charade and My Man Godfrey. Will Criterion lose the rights to those films?

How can you lose the rights to something that is public domain?

efordvt 01-13-12 09:32 AM

nice! thanks. now to figure out how to use on Amazon...

maxfisher 01-13-12 10:02 AM

Pleased to see Harvey coming to Blu-ray and even more pleased to have a coupon for it.

NoirFan 01-13-12 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by efordvt (Post 11074597)
now to figure out how to use on Amazon...

I'm sure I'll be harassing them once coupons for the horror and Hitchcock films become available.

ProfessorEcho 01-13-12 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi (Post 11074454)
How can you lose the rights to something that is public domain?

It's possible, but not always doable. They figured it out with IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE by copyrighting the music score. And some Gene Autry films that had fallen into the public domain were re-copyrighted based on Autry's image. No legal expert here, so if anyone is, please feel free to correct my anecdotal evidence.

Edison 01-13-12 03:30 PM

I've started seeing the 100th anniversary blu-rays in stores. Target has quite a few for $14.99, and Wal-mart has some for $15.00 and $11.96 from the first wave.

clckworang 01-13-12 04:12 PM

Couldn't you also look the rights to a particular transfer or restoration of a public domain film?

turetzeddie 01-13-12 04:53 PM

No luck at amazon.

or am I not doing it right?

TheBang 01-13-12 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by johnbook (Post 11074360)
If not $3, what are the other amounts that can be had???

Not other coupons. The other possible prizes are things like, "Win a trip for 4 to Universal Studios!" Basically, the $3 coupon is the consolation prize that you're most likely to "win" every time.

Originally Posted by efordvt (Post 11074597)
nice! thanks. now to figure out how to use on Amazon...

You can't. Amazon doesn't take manufacturer's coupons.

Surfinhank 01-13-12 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Edison (Post 11075012)
I've started seeing the 100th anniversary blu-rays in stores. Target has quite a few for $14.99, and Wal-mart has some for $15.00 and $11.96 from the first wave.

I've been to 2 Targets and don't see them. Are they in the regular movie section? What titles are you seeing?

Schloob1 01-14-12 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Surfinhank (Post 11075419)
I've been to 2 Targets and don't see them. Are they in the regular movie section? What titles are you seeing?

Yep, they are in the regular section. So far I have only seen Billy Elliot though at my 2 stores. Been hoping to find American Graffitti, Fast Times, or Babe.

Edison 01-14-12 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Schloob1 (Post 11075553)
Yep, they are in the regular section. So far I have only seen Billy Elliot though at my 2 stores. Been hoping to find American Graffitti, Fast Times, or Babe.

The one I seen them at the other day had most of the first wave titles listed (blu-ray, didn't check the DVD only titles) all at the beginning of the blu-ray section (like the first 4 ft.).

Babe is one of the titles Wal-mart here has for $11.96. Wal-mart had a much smaller selection, maybe 10 titles total, and they were on the side of the main new release endcap.

NoirFan 01-14-12 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Todd B. (Post 11075270)
Amazon doesn't take manufacturer's coupons.

This is YMMV - I've actually gotten Amazon to accept a few manufacturer's coupons by providing a link to the coupon in my request. It's always the "one-time exception" email, but I've been successful several times.

Subgeniusguy 01-14-12 11:42 AM

My Target has them on an end aisle display in the DVD department.

Sem 01-14-12 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by NoirFan (Post 11075633)
This is YMMV - I've actually gotten Amazon to accept a few manufacturer's coupons by providing a link to the coupon in my request. It's always the "one-time exception" email, but I've been successful several times.

Yes, and they also took a pdf coupon from me via chat

Surfinhank 01-14-12 05:08 PM

Went to a 3rd location today and zip. Guess the stores around here just haven't gotten them yet. The only title I saw was a DVD copy of Apollo 13 on the $7.50 movie endcap.

dugnarug 01-15-12 09:51 PM

I noticed the 100th Anniversary Blu-Ray of Inglorious Bastards was on sale for $9.99 this week at Target. If you pair it with the $3 coupon that's only $6.99 + tax. Not a bad deal at all for this movie.

efordvt 01-17-12 08:12 AM

My local Walmart just got these in - some are marked $11.96, some were $15. I got Breakfast Club w/ coupon for $9.80. Thanks OP!

erlong 01-17-12 09:25 AM

My closest-to-me Target had them on an endcap (at the other end of the row from the new release endcap). They had most, if not all, of the ones that are currently out.