Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

International Blu-ray deals

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-12, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts
re: International Blu-ray deals

Originally Posted by TAC
Ordered my Aliens set on Feb 18th and was to be delivered by the 27th. I still haven't received it. Should I worry or just wait a little longer? My order didn't have tracking as I live in Alabama. First order to Amazon uk in over 5 years. But, I don't remember not having tracking or a package not arrive by the time listed. Any help would be appreciated.
Depending on what shipping method you chose, you won't get any tracking info. I just recently placed an order at Amazon UK via Royal Mail (the cheapest option) and don't have any tracking info. I would say orders typically take about a week to arrive, so I wouldn't start freaking out just yet. Their delivery estimates are just that: estimates. Sometimes it might take a little longer, sometimes a little shorter.

I just checked and my order coincidentally was placed on Feb. 18. It has shipped but not arrived yet.
Old 02-28-12, 05:31 PM
TAC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by clckworang
Depending on what shipping method you chose, you won't get any tracking info. I just recently placed an order at Amazon UK via Royal Mail (the cheapest option) and don't have any tracking info. I would say orders typically take about a week to arrive, so I wouldn't start freaking out just yet. Their delivery estimates are just that: estimates. Sometimes it might take a little longer, sometimes a little shorter.

I just checked and my order coincidentally was placed on Feb. 18. It has shipped but not arrived yet.
Thanks man. I'll probably give it till next Monday. Then I might message them and ask if they know anything.
Old 02-28-12, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by TAC
Thanks man. I'll probably give it till next Monday. Then I might message them and ask if they know anything.
Check earlier in the thread. Decker and I both ordered Aliens and his came in nine days and mine eleven. You're still in that window.
Old 02-29-12, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

Originally Posted by TAC
Ordered my Aliens set on Feb 18th and was to be delivered by the 27th. I still haven't received it. Should I worry or just wait a little longer? My order didn't have tracking as I live in Alabama. First order to Amazon uk in over 5 years. But, I don't remember not having tracking or a package not arrive by the time listed. Any help would be appreciated.
Don't worry before three weeks from the date of shipping. Even though Amazon.co.uk gives that estimated shipping date, many things can alter the timeline once it leaves their hands.
Old 02-29-12, 08:07 AM

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

I usually wait for a few days after the estimated date before I complain to Amazon. They will give you another date, and usually the package will arrive before the second date.

Recently I placed an order on a Thursday and a second order on Friday. Both had not arrived by the original estimated arrival date, or the second estimates they gave me. I got word from Amazon that they had dispatched replacement packages, and almost a week later I received the second order I placed. The first order I am guessing is lost, but I will receive a duplicate of the second package. In the meantime, another order I placed a week after the first two orders arrived.

At this point I feel like ordering anything from Amazon UK is only good for anything that I do not want immediately. And due to the erratic arrival times for packages, it's always a surprise when I open the box. It's like Christmas morning.
Old 02-29-12, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Well, that's the thing. We're ordering from UK for price and perhaps availability, and it's hard to expect pinpoint delivery accuracy for an international shipment. If you want that, order from a U.S. company and pay the extra.

Also, getting replacement packages and pinging customer service may make us feel better in the short term, but are generating expenses for the company and may cost us in the long run.
Old 02-29-12, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by davidh777
Well, that's the thing. We're ordering from UK for price and perhaps availability, and it's hard to expect pinpoint delivery accuracy for an international shipment. If you want that, order from a U.S. company and pay the extra.

Also, getting replacement packages and pinging customer service may make us feel better in the short term, but are generating expenses for the company and may cost us in the long run.
Exactly. That's why I would give it some time before I would complain, which I've never had to do. These are not domestic deliveries; we can't expect the same rules to apply.

Originally Posted by flansered
At this point I feel like ordering anything from Amazon UK is only good for anything that I do not want immediately. And due to the erratic arrival times for packages, it's always a surprise when I open the box. It's like Christmas morning.
You're ordering from the UK, presumably from the U.S. or Canada. Why would you expect to receive something like that immediately (or even quickly for that matter)? It's not like we have international Prime delivery. That's the nature of international shipping.
Old 02-29-12, 03:46 PM

I wasn't saying that I wanted things immediately, I just find it odd that out of the last 5 orders I have made from Amazon UK, the first took one week to arrive, the second arrived after a month and a half (and it was the replacement that was sent, the first never arrived), the third arrived three days before the second, the fourth arrived before the second order, and the fifth hasn't arrived yet. All of the items were in stock when I ordered and it seems that they were shipped from the same facility. But really it could be U.S. customs that are holding things up.

But i usually add a week on to their shipping estimates before I even considered complaining to them. The wait for the Battle Royale blu-ray taught me to be patient with them.
Old 02-29-12, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I guess I misunderstood when you said, "Amazon UK is only good for anything that I do not want immediately." I figured most people knew international mail was prone to be erratic and sometimes slow.
Old 02-29-12, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by manicsounds
It looks like some error. I was able to put it in my cart and go to checkout. Try it for yourself.
Did yours ever ship?
Old 02-29-12, 05:40 PM
TAC

Received my Aliens set today. Very happy.
Old 02-29-12, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^ I received my bounty as well.
Old 03-02-12, 04:40 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would love to pre-order the Bond 50 set but no details yet on region-free or not.
Old 03-02-12, 07:44 AM

You're ordering from the UK, presumably from the U.S. or Canada. Why would you expect to receive something like that immediately (or even quickly for that matter)? It's not like we have international Prime delivery. That's the nature of international shipping.
Yeah, I know that. But as I said in the full post, I was confused about shipments arriving in a different order than they were dispatched, like the third thing I ordered arriving before my first order, which shipped first.

I have heard that the Bond 50 set is region 2, but there is no official word yet. But whatever region it is, the UK set most likely will not have the same packaging that the U.S. from what other poeple on other messageboards have been saying.
Old 03-02-12, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^ Like I said, international shipping can be erratic. Some things might get caught up in Customs longer than others. It can be the nature of it sometimes.
Old 03-02-12, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The Pacific: Complete HBO Series (Tin Box Edition) [Blu-ray][Region $24.99 +$5 S&H

Free]http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Pacific-...0713318&sr=8-1
Old 03-02-12, 01:27 PM

Just bought Band of Brothers blu-ray for $25.78 shipped. Was going to get the Apes set too but I've heard that the sound quality isn't as strong as the US release and that is it missing the extended cut for Battle.
Old 03-08-12, 05:02 PM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

'The Tudors' Season 2 is $11.72 shipped to the US
Old 03-13-12, 12:10 AM

Cleopatra is back down to 7.xx pounds. Picked it up along with Whisper of the Heart and My Neighbours the Yamada's on Blu. (The last two Ghibli titles on Blu that I have yet to purchase)

For those wondering, Cleopatra IS region free. The Ghibli titles are not. (I use a PC Blu Ray drive with BD Region Tray)

Also, finally got a preorder in for the Bond set. For $120 shipped I couldn't say no. I ordered it along with the above titles, so it will all ship at once in the Fall. (As I'll probably know how much extra cash I have to spend between now and then after I start paying tuition >.
Old 03-14-12, 03:44 AM

Anyone know why Laputa: Castle in the Sky's Blu-ray is unavailable on Amazon?
Old 03-14-12, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by adam_omega
Anyone know why Laputa: Castle in the Sky's Blu-ray is unavailable on Amazon?
Looks like it may be starting to go OOP. Not many retailers have stock left.

http://www.dvd.co.uk/buy/catoptbd029...lu-ray-dvd.htm

http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/1...rlrefer=search

Even the dvd.co.uk says it takes about a week to ship, probably due to low stock. HMV and Amazon have both sold out though.
Old 03-25-12, 01:27 AM

Crossposting in the anime deals thread.

The Akira Blu Ray Steelbook (BluRay+DVD Combo) has dropped to £9.99 on amazon.co.uk. (Original retail was £29.99 and it stayed around £18 after the first price drop.)

This is locked to Region B, so you'll need a multi region Blu Ray player, or a PC Blu Ray drive to play it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Akira-Collec...2656664&sr=1-1

Also, in non anime related news, Big Bang Theory Season 1-4 on DVD for £22. This is the cheapest it's ever been. This works out to about $7 per season.

It started out at £38, and has been hovering around £30 since the first price drop.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
Old 03-25-12, 07:20 AM

I think I read somewhere that the dvd in the Akira set uses the Streamline dub. I have considered ordering it and just replacing the UK bluray in the steelbook with the US disc.
Old 03-25-12, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Isny
Crossposting in the anime deals thread.

The Akira Blu Ray Steelbook (BluRay+DVD Combo) has dropped to £9.99 on amazon.co.uk. (Original retail was £29.99 and it stayed around £18 after the first price drop.)

This is locked to Region B, so you'll need a multi region Blu Ray player, or a PC Blu Ray drive to play it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Akira-Collec...2656664&sr=1-1

Also, in non anime related news, Big Bang Theory Season 1-4 on DVD for £22. This is the cheapest it's ever been. This works out to about $7 per season.

It started out at £38, and has been hovering around £30 since the first price drop.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
I'd jump on this but now that the 1st 2 seasons are coming to Blu I'vee decided to wait on those for say Black Friday when they mights be cheap themselves then.
Old 03-26-12, 07:36 AM

X-Men Quadrilogy is about $20 shippped right now (my total was $19.45):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002DWAYSG

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.