Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

International Blu-ray deals

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-16, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
re: International Blu-ray deals

Originally Posted by Jay G.
The UK version? While Blu-ray.com doesn't list it on their region code tab, looking at their large scan of the back image of the Blu-ray case shows that it has the "ABC" region code logo, suggesting it's all region.
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Ant-Ma...lu-ray/136434/
Thanks! Even with you pointing it out it took me a long while to spot that "ABC"... you really have to know what to look for.
Old 12-14-16, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts

Does anyone know how they handle damaged shipments to customers in the U.S.? I received a box set that was damaged due to some postal mishap and the set is completely cracked and crushed on one side. Do we have to pay return shipping or does Amazon UK cover it?
Old 12-14-16, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by movieguru
Does anyone know how they handle damaged shipments to customers in the U.S.? I received a box set that was damaged due to some postal mishap and the set is completely cracked and crushed on one side. Do we have to pay return shipping or does Amazon UK cover it?
Amazon UK should pay return shipping on a damaged item if they want it back. Depending on the cost of the item though, they may opt to not have it shipped back.
Old 12-14-16, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

They will cover it - just write to them. The way it works is they will ask you to ship it back on your dime with the RMA number they issue. And then you are asked to provide a copy of your shipping receipt (which you can scan and send) and they will apply the shipping credit to your payment method. No headaches, its easy
Old 12-14-16, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
They will cover it - just write to them. The way it works is they will ask you to ship it back on your dime with the RMA number they issue. And then you are asked to provide a copy of your shipping receipt (which you can scan and send) and they will apply the shipping credit to your payment method. No headaches, its easy

Correct. I had to do this once for a regular steelbook and had to go out of pocket initially - then they asked for me to send them a scan of the receipt and they reimbursed me. It was almost $20 to ship back.
Old 12-14-16, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

They've never made me ship anything back. Must be a recent policy or a price point I never hit.
Old 12-15-16, 11:51 AM

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Once Upon A Time Seasons 1-5 now down to under $49 shipped to USA. Region Free $8 cheaper than it was mid November.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
Old 12-15-16, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by Classic Films
Once Upon A Time Seasons 1-5 now down to under $49 shipped to USA. Region Free $8 cheaper than it was mid November.

It's a show distributed by Disney on home video, which means this import version will be far cheaper than the equivalent American versions. I've tracked this show's sets over the years and Disney hates dropping suggested retail pricing on their releases.
Old 12-15-16, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
It's a show distributed by Disney on home video, which means this import version will be far cheaper than the equivalent American versions. I've tracked this show's sets over the years and Disney hates dropping suggested retail pricing on their releases.
I am grateful they still release this show on blu ray. So many ABC studio shows are DVD only if they get a release at all. Agent Carter Season 2 you have to import and Galavant never got any release anywhere as far as I know.
Old 12-18-16, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I finally finished watching Deadwood (UK boxed set) and did not see any problems on the episode mentioned in the 3rd season. I'm going to assume they repressed it, because what I did notice, was that the episode guide had the summaries removed. All it says on that 3rd disc in terms of listings is: Episode One they Episode 10. The first two season gave you a summary of every single episode.

Take it as you will - For the under $20 shipped price I paid it was worth it.

My set of Warehouse 13 (UK edition) arrived - I ended up getting the set from the U.S. for under $25 shipped.
Old 12-18-16, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
My set of Warehouse 13 (UK edition) arrived - I ended up getting the set from the U.S. for under $25 shipped.
So did I. There are evidently some music sub issues in the first season but I decided I could live with it as the entire series (UK edition) was just slightly more money than the the final USA season on DVD (6 episodes). That's just sick.
Old 12-18-16, 11:29 PM

Arrow Seasons 1 to 4 $33.15 Shipped to USA Region Free. As always press "ctrl" key when using link below to get to the UK site.

Old 12-19-16, 12:24 PM

Justified - complete series (Region free) - $47 shipped to the USA

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Justified-T.../dp/B01K9NG2QS
Old 12-19-16, 12:44 PM

I realize this is not an Amazon.uk deal but anyone into Bronson, the German Studio Canal Region B release of 'Red Sun' is only $8 shipped to the USA (€4.99) at the time of this writing, from Amazon. Combine it with other titles (there are a ton of classic BDs that have never been available in the US) and shipping is really nominal (for e.g, I ordered 7 BD's and shipping was only $4.80 to the USA)

https://www.amazon.de/Rivalen-unter-.../dp/B011X2O1WG
Old 12-19-16, 12:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
I realize this is not an Amazon.uk deal but anyone into Bronson, the German Studio Canal Region B release of 'Red Sun' is only $8 shipped to the USA (€4.99) at the time of this writing, from Amazon. Combine it with other titles (there are a ton of classic BDs that have never been available in the US) and shipping is really nominal (for e.g, I ordered 7 BD's and shipping was only $4.80 to the USA)

https://www.amazon.de/Rivalen-unter-.../dp/B011X2O1WG
any examples of classics not available in US? Appreciate it!
Old 12-19-16, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Steve
any examples of classics not available in US? Appreciate it!
The Way West (Der Weg nach Westen)
Man without a Star (Mit stahlharter Faust)
Backlash (Das Geheimnis der fünf Gräber)
The Indian Tomb (Das indische Grabmal)
The Tiger of Eschnapur (Der Tiger von Eschnapur)
Star in the Dust (Noch heute sollst du hängen)
Death Rides a Horse (Von Mann zu Mann)
Streets of Fire (Straßen in Flammen)
Destry Rides Again (Der große Bluff)
War Arrow (Verschwörung auf Fort Clark)
Cave of the Outlaws (Die Höhle der Gesetzlosen)
Quantez (Quantez, die tote Stadt)
Elephant Man (Der Elefantenmensch)
Legend of the Lost (Stadt der Verlorenen)
Tarnished Angels (Duell in den Wolken)
Driver (OOP Twilight Time US Release)
Open Range (Weites Land)
The Tall Men (Drei Rivalen)

The above is a just a small sampling of what was in my order history - they may not all be 'classics' to everyone but many of these are acclaimed movies from the 40's and 50's which are unavailable in the USA and have collector appeal. Also, some high priced Warner titles released in the USA under the 'Warner Archive' label, are available for 1/2 the price on the German releases (all are Region Free with the same content). Add to the fact that prices quoted are VAT inclusive and so is even cheaper when shipping overseas as the VAT comes off the shown price (You will see it at checkout after you specify shipping address) Some examples are:

Key Largo
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf ?
The Big Sleep
The Maltese Falcon

Koch Media has so many Westerns (you can see from the above am a fan of the genre) that are not available in the USA as well and some titles are included in my list above. You can poke around on the German site and go back and forth b/w that site and Bluray.com which will lead you to a lot more options.

Just note that you need to be Region Free or Region B capable - ensure this prior to ordering. Bluray.com is a more reliable source of Region info on the disc than Amazon

Last edited by laidbacklarkin; 12-19-16 at 01:35 PM.
Old 12-19-16, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The one issue I've run into with Studio Canal is it's a crap shoot which of their German language films will have English subs. I WAS going to get Lili Marlene..........
Old 12-21-16, 02:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thetao
I had two different Amazon UK orders ship a day apart, 11/18 and 11/19. The first box arrived last Tuesday, and the second (with my Hobbit purchase and other stuff) is currently MIA. For anybody annoyed with overseas shipping times, I'd toss US Customs into the mix of variables.
Is anybody noticing a delay in UK shipments recently? I was getting a steady stream of packages up until 12/6 when it stopped cold turkey, and three (including the Amazon order above with my Hobbit set) are currently MIA. The oldest was mailed on 11/15 from an Amazon UK Marketplace seller. I'm resigned to waiting it out, but would love to have some company. Domestic orders are still arriving normally.
Old 12-21-16, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Is anybody noticing a delay in UK shipments recently? I was getting a steady stream of packages up until 12/6 when it stopped cold turkey, and three (including the Amazon order above with my Hobbit set) are currently MIA. The oldest was mailed on 11/15 from an Amazon UK Marketplace seller. I'm resigned to waiting it out, but would love to have some company. Domestic orders are still arriving normally.
International shipments slow to a crawl every December. Next time order in July and the stuff will come in under a week.
Old 12-21-16, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
International shipments slow to a crawl every December. Next time order in July and the stuff will come in under a week.
Unless they're being shipped via Asendia. Doesn't matter what time of the year if it's via Asendia.
Old 12-21-16, 04:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh, I'm familiar with slow Christmas shipping, but was surprised that packages were trickling in nicely until 12/6, when international arrivals seemed to fall off a cliff. Several people posted that that their Hobbit 3D sets arrived in the expected time frame, if a bit battered. Mine shipped on 11/19 and is hopefully still out there somewhere. Would be nice to know that I have some company.
Old 12-21-16, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

God knows what Homeland Security screens are going to be like with the new USA administration. That's already supposedly the reason for many delays. In fact, unless it's changed recently Amazon Canada won't ship to USA po boxes due to supposed legal issues (though their 3rd party sellers will.)
Old 12-22-16, 06:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh, I'm familiar with slow Christmas shipping, but was surprised that packages were trickling in nicely until 12/6, when international arrivals seemed to fall off a cliff. Several people posted that that their Hobbit 3D sets arrived in the expected time frame, if a bit battered. Mine shipped on 11/19 and is hopefully still out there somewhere. Would be nice to know that I have some company.
The same thing has happened to me. I have a couple packages from Amazon UK that are at least a week late and haven't shown up yet. It's not too surprising this time of year, but I hope things get moving again soon.
Old 12-25-16, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts

Ok, got some new Uk dvd's but my old region free dvd player that I've had for years is no longer working. Any recomendations for an inexpensive dvd player that can easily be made to play the region free dvd's? I know Phillips and Samsung were great for Region 2 dvd's back when I purchased mine eight years go. I'm looking for something $50 and under preferrably with HDMI, but I can do without it if it would make it too expensive.
Old 12-25-16, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Ok, got some new Uk dvd's but my old region free dvd player that I've had for years is no longer working. Any recomendations for an inexpensive dvd player that can easily be made to play the region free dvd's? I know Phillips and Samsung were great for Region 2 dvd's back when I purchased mine eight years go. I'm looking for something $50 and under preferrably with HDMI, but I can do without it if it would make it too expensive.

This is the one I have. You can get a refurbished unit for $119 shipped via PRIME (no sales tax) or a brand new one for $179 via PRIME (no sales tax).

I've had it since April and it's a great machine.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...&condition=all

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.