Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

International Blu-ray deals

Old 07-01-12, 10:30 AM
  #126  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Kedrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Katy, Tx
Posts: 4,437
re: International Blu-ray deals

Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
The UK cases are commonly known as 14mm cases vs the std US 11mm case.
Thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for. Appreciate the information. (off to find some doubles)
Kedrix is offline  
Old 07-01-12, 06:42 PM
  #127  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,023
re: International Blu-ray deals

[Nerd Voice]Um guys, it's "Spider-man" and not "Spiderman". Thank you.


Spoiler:
Jedi Master 33 is offline  
Old 07-02-12, 01:26 PM
  #128  
DVD Talk Legend
 
PhantomStranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 21,885
re: International Blu-ray deals

Originally Posted by Jedi Master 33 View Post
[Nerd Voice]Um guys, it's "Spider-man" and not "Spiderman". Thank you.


Spoiler:
Supernerds would know it is always Spider-Man and all other variations are incorrect. An easy way to get around this if you have problems remembering is to call him Spidey or Webhead.
PhantomStranger is offline  
Old 07-02-12, 02:12 PM
  #129  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Kedrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Katy, Tx
Posts: 4,437
re: International Blu-ray deals

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
Supernerds would know it is always Spider-Man and all other variations are incorrect. An easy way to get around this if you have problems remembering is to call him Spidey or Webhead.
To this, all I got to say is the following:

Kedrix is offline  
Old 07-17-12, 12:36 PM
  #130  
Senior Member
 
flansered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 597
re: International Blu-ray deals

The Complete Superman Collection is 22.97 ($35.92) this week. It would be slightly cheaper once the VAT is knocked off.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...pf_rd_i=655852
flansered is offline  
Old 07-17-12, 03:37 PM
  #131  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NYC-ish
Posts: 3,270
re: International Blu-ray deals

Originally Posted by flansered View Post
The Complete Superman Collection is 22.97 ($35.92) this week. It would be slightly cheaper once the VAT is knocked off.
I think the accepted spelling is Super-man.
Ropes Pierre is offline  
Old 07-17-12, 05:22 PM
  #132  
DVD Talk Legend
 
asianxcore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 16,205
re: International Blu-ray deals

Originally Posted by Kedrix View Post
Red Sonja does indeed play here and wow...for anybody who actually liked the movie, they did a GOOD Job on restoration.
Didn't realize the price for Red Sonja had dropped that low. I wish I read this post before I put in an order at Amazon UK a couple days ago.

Have to add it to my next order.
asianxcore is offline  
Old 07-17-12, 07:16 PM
  #133  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,023
re: International Blu-ray deals

Originally Posted by Ropes Pierre View Post
I think the accepted spelling is Super-man.
Actually that would be The Bat-Man
Jedi Master 33 is offline  
Old 07-18-12, 09:11 AM
  #134  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
manicsounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 2,609
re: International Blu-ray deals

Wo-Man
manicsounds is offline  
Old 07-26-12, 07:45 AM
  #135  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Posts: 597
re: International Blu-ray deals

I hadn't noticed this before, but many of the Twilight Zone seasons are approx. $25 with shipping; supposedly region free - anyone know if there are any differences (more or less extra features?). --Peter
Proglodite is offline  
Old 07-26-12, 08:29 AM
  #136  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
manicsounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 2,609
re: International Blu-ray deals

Apparently include all the bonus features from the Image Ent. Twilight Zone blu-rays.
manicsounds is offline  
Old 07-27-12, 12:39 AM
  #137  
DVD Talk Hero
 
davidh777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Home of 2013 NFL champion Seahawks
Posts: 41,640
re: International Blu-ray deals

Whedonesque tweeted that Dollhouse seasons 1 and 2 are L16, region A and B

Tempting because I never got season 2, though I watched the broadcast
davidh777 is offline  
Old 07-27-12, 06:57 AM
  #138  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,902
re: International Blu-ray deals

Originally Posted by Proglodite View Post
I hadn't noticed this before, but many of the Twilight Zone seasons are approx. $25 with shipping; supposedly region free - anyone know if there are any differences (more or less extra features?). --Peter
I went ahead and bought Season 4 since it was only 12.99 (which is less than $20 shipped to the US), but held off on the others (I already had Season 1 and 2) since three was 17.99 and five was 29.99
Lastdaysofrain is offline  
Old 07-31-12, 11:33 AM
  #139  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: It's always Hot!
Posts: 867
re: International Blu-ray deals

Originally Posted by Lastdaysofrain View Post
I went ahead and bought Season 4 since it was only 12.99 (which is less than $20 shipped to the US), but held off on the others (I already had Season 1 and 2) since three was 17.99 and five was 29.99
Bought Season 2 & 4 cost to the us, $41, add it with season one and I have 3 for the cost of 1 from the US.
drq2 is offline  
Old 08-05-12, 02:44 AM
  #140  
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 21,582
re: International Blu-ray deals

Originally Posted by Ropes Pierre View Post
I think the accepted spelling is Super-man.
Or Supes for the really super-nerdy.

Not to threadcrap from the main discussion, but has anybody found any good Amazon UK boxset deals lately?
creekdipper is offline  
Old 08-05-12, 08:23 AM
  #141  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Posts: 16,964
re: International Blu-ray deals

Do gift cards for the US Amazon work on the uk site?
majorjoe23 is offline  
Old 08-05-12, 08:35 AM
  #142  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Pizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,126
re: International Blu-ray deals

My Superman box set came yesterday. Watched Superman II, the documentary on the last disc, Super Pup and a few cartoons with no issues.
Pizza is offline  
Old 08-05-12, 09:04 AM
  #143  
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Formerly known as "Solid Snake PAC"/Denton, Tx
Posts: 39,239
re: International Blu-ray deals

Originally Posted by majorjoe23 View Post
Do gift cards for the US Amazon work on the uk site?
I think it covers Amazon as a whole. It'll just convert your dollars into pounds (or do they do the Euro now?).
Solid Snake is offline  
Old 08-05-12, 12:51 PM
  #144  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
ProfessorEcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Middle, Nowhere
Posts: 2,016
re: International Blu-ray deals

Hariseldon is right: U.S. Amazon Gift Cards cannot be used at Amazon UK.
ProfessorEcho is offline  
Old 08-06-12, 01:08 PM
  #145  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Posts: 344
re: International Blu-ray deals

The UK Hitchcock Masterpiece box has been showing up as 100.00 for me lately:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alfred-Hitch...dp/B008D1TNCE/

For kicks, I put it in my cart and it rang up at 86.41. So, suffice it to say, I finally preordered this. That's about US$136, almost $90 less than the US version.

YMMV? Or not? I don't understand why it was listed at 100 and then showed up at 86.41, but I'm not complaining.
crikey is offline  
Old 08-06-12, 01:17 PM
  #146  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 17,658
re: International Blu-ray deals

Originally Posted by crikey View Post
YMMV? Or not? I don't understand why it was listed at 100 and then showed up at 86.41, but I'm not complaining.
It's VAT, basically the UK's sales tax. Retailers over there include VAT in their listed prices (similar to gasoline in the US). Since you're ordering from outside the UK, the VAT is removed, leaving the pre-tax price for you to pay.
Jay G. is offline  
Old 08-06-12, 02:44 PM
  #147  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Posts: 344
re: International Blu-ray deals

Ahhh, thanks. I never understood that was factored into the original stated price.
crikey is offline  
Old 08-06-12, 11:10 PM
  #148  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: LA
Posts: 836
re: International Blu-ray deals

Originally Posted by crikey View Post
The UK Hitchcock Masterpiece box has been showing up as 100.00 for me lately:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alfred-Hitch...dp/B008D1TNCE/

For kicks, I put it in my cart and it rang up at 86.41. So, suffice it to say, I finally preordered this. That's about US$136, almost $90 less than the US version.

YMMV? Or not? I don't understand why it was listed at 100 and then showed up at 86.41, but I'm not complaining.
Quick note - it appears that North By Northwest is not included in the UK set but is included in the US set. But that's still a nice price for the UK set, even when adding in the cost of the individual North by Northwest US release.
vasb is offline  
Old 08-07-12, 08:16 AM
  #149  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Posts: 344
re: International Blu-ray deals

Originally Posted by vasb View Post
Quick note - it appears that North By Northwest is not included in the UK set but is included in the US set. But that's still a nice price for the UK set, even when adding in the cost of the individual North by Northwest US release.
True, but especially good for me since NxNW and Psycho are the only NA Hitchcock Blus I currently own.
crikey is offline  
Old 08-07-12, 10:08 AM
  #150  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Cabin in the Woods
Posts: 862
re: International Blu-ray deals

I'm really really debating hard between all of these boxsets (Hitchcock and Monsters). I wish we had a more detailed look at what will be inside, as I'm pretty sure the disc content should be the same.

Hitchcock (UK regular vs UK deluxe vs US)

UK regular vs UK deluxe: no brainer, considering the price difference, deluxe easily wins.
UK vs US: pricing should also make this a no brainer, but I can't help but feel the set is slightly less complete without NxNW. I think I also prefer the US art, but I'd assume the UK regular set would feature the same art. The classier version in the deluxe set does look good though.

Monsters (UK regular vs UK deluxe vs US)
Identical sets with a huge difference in price means the US set isn't even in the running.
UK regular vs UK deluxe: The packaging is pretty neat, but the difference in price is a bit steep just for the packaging.
LPMA is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.