International Blu-ray deals

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

International Blu-ray deals

Old 11-15-20, 02:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
Re: International Blu-ray deals

Originally Posted by JoeySeven
From BR.com reports that Amazon UK and few other European Amazon are now charging tax on orders sent to states that have charge a sales tax,
I just checked Amazon.UK and now they are adding tax in the Postage & Packing cost. You can click on the Tax added option to see how much.

Nice
I'm not a huge fan of slips. But really like most of ones that come on some boutique movie labels.
And like the one that came on the Goonies 4k is very nice ,even though it is damaged already.
Most likely sooner or latter it going to get some wear and tear.
Between the increased shipping charges & 10.2% tax, I'm done with Amazon.UK.
Old 11-16-20, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 705 Likes on 519 Posts

Just a reminder, as I believe a few of us mentioned ages ago in this thread, that many UK sellers list on the US and Canadian sites, and – at least for now, anyway – still offer shipping in the $3.49CDN/$3.99US range. I've ordered several 'new' discs (not necessarily brand new releases) from UK sellers on the US site shipped to my Canadian address (!) and all have arrived safely for no more than $4.49US a piece, tops. Chalkys, OxfordshireEngland and Rarewaves have all been reliable so far (and seem to be the same company anyway).

Last edited by Brian T; 11-16-20 at 09:33 AM.
Old 11-17-20, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Does anyone know if the UK 3rd party sellers are adding USA sales tax? I don't think they remove VAT like Amazon sold items do.
Old 11-18-20, 02:01 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry if I missed it earlier in this thread, but I'm suddenly receiving the following message preventing me from ordering any movies from Amazon UK to USA. And UK customer service chat won't work on mobile. Anyone know of workarounds before I try to chat with them later on a PC?
"Sorry, this item can't be delivered to your selected address."

Last edited by belloq; 11-18-20 at 03:57 PM.
Old 11-18-20, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 716 Likes on 512 Posts

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
Does anyone know if the UK 3rd party sellers are adding USA sales tax? I don't think they remove VAT like Amazon sold items do.
They do not remove VAT - but their shipping is often much less. I've not seen either Amazon UK or UK MP vendors adding sales tax. When I saw that mentioned by you several days back I went through a checkout up to the final page and no sales tax was added. They *did* add a fee to guarantee the exchange rate so if a return is done you won't get hurt if it changes - and that can't be removed if you use their converter (I do as my CC charges a FOREX fee that's higher than Amazon's converter).
The following users liked this post:
PhantomStranger (11-18-20)
Old 11-18-20, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by belloq
Sorry if I missed it earlier in this thread, but I'm suddenly receiving the following message preventing me from ordering any movies from Amazon UK to USA. And UK customer service chat won't work on mobile. Anyone know of workarounds before I try to chat with them later on a PC?
"Sorry, this item can't be delivered to your selected address."
I received the same message.
belloq (11-18-20)
Old 11-18-20, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,102 Likes on 777 Posts

I can still order to Canada, but it's still fucking £19.90 for shipping.
Old 11-18-20, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 117 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBang
There’s an even better deal going on now. 3 Disney (incl. Marvel and Star Wars) 3D titles for $25, with $4.99 flat shipping per order.
https://us.zavvi.com/offers/disney/christmas/3d.list
Received 5 of the 6 from the order today. All sent separately in flimsy envelopes. Two slips were damaged (Aladdin and Lion King). 'Ant Man and the Wasp' and 'Doctor Strange' did not come with a slip and the former has a floater. 'Maleficent' survived. 'Captain Marvel' still pending arrival

EDIT 11/19/20: Received 'Captain Marvel' with no slip

Last edited by laidbacklarkin; 11-19-20 at 07:20 PM.
Old 11-19-20, 12:27 AM

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by b2net
I received the same message.
I can't make heads or tails as to which movies are allowed and which aren't. The only thing that seems consistent is that preorders will not ship to the US before availability date, but even this is iffy. Between this and the increase in S&H (now $23!) to the US, I will probably use deff.com. They will ship anything to the US and are very reliable.. They also remove VAT.
Old 11-20-20, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by cinemaman
I can't make heads or tails as to which movies are allowed and which aren't. The only thing that seems consistent is that preorders will not ship to the US before availability date, but even this is iffy. Between this and the increase in S&H (now $23!) to the US, I will probably use deff.com. They will ship anything to the US and are very reliable.. They also remove VAT.
Thanks, I've bookmarked Deff. Unfortunately, their site says they have a flat 20 pound (currently $26.56 USD) shipping charge to the USA for any size order. I'd have to spend $200 or so to begin to justify that..............
Old 11-20-20, 11:58 PM

MooMooMooMoo, why do you feel you need to spend $200 to justify an order to Deff? Amazon right now charges $23 + $1.3 per movie to ship- that adds up to $26 real fast! after 4 movies, wouldn't Deff.com S&H actually be cheaper? Plus, there is no restriction on buying any movies. I know the S&H is high, but not sure what our alternatives in the US are any more, since base.com is no longer an option. Open to other etailers if someone can suggest one.
Old 11-21-20, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts

Rarewaves either through Amazon 3rd Party or their direct website is an option. Prices can be very good or less that competitive though I guess that applies everywhere.

Also cheapest shipping seems to be different for different regions. It's still expensive, but a single item from AmazonUK for me is $15
Old 11-21-20, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

MooMooMooMoo, why do you feel you need to spend $200 to justify an order to Deff? Amazon right now charges $23 + $1.3 per movie to ship- that adds up to $26 real fast! after 4 movies, wouldn't Deff.com S&H actually be cheaper? Plus, there is no restriction on buying any movies. I know the S&H is high, but not sure what our alternatives in the US are any more, since base.com is no longer an option. Open to other etailers if someone can suggest one.
$23 shipping is ridiculous unless I get a ton of discs. The blame goes on the USA, not the UK (I'll stop here to avoid politics), but either way I'm not willing to spend it. I'm not going to be purchasing from Amazon.UK either until international shipping cost returns to pre July 2020 levels.
Old 11-21-20, 10:35 AM

I hear ya on the S&H situation. What do we do with limited editions, then? Like Indicator Columbia Noir #1 - even if I buy directly from them it's $26 S&H!! and if I wait until S&H goes down, it could go out of print! Seems that Deff is the cheapest option - at least for $26 I can load up the cart....
Old 11-21-20, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I hear ya on the S&H situation. What do we do with limited editions, then? Like Indicator Columbia Noir #1 - even if I buy directly from them it's $26 S&H!! and if I wait until S&H goes down, it could go out of print! Seems that Deff is the cheapest option - at least for $26 I can load up the cart....
I don't have the money to load up. If I did, I'd probably agree with you!
Old 11-22-20, 02:06 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,250 Likes on 887 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian T
Just a reminder, as I believe a few of us mentioned ages ago in this thread, that many UK sellers list on the US and Canadian sites, and – at least for now, anyway – still offer shipping in the $3.49CDN/$3.99US range. I've ordered several 'new' discs (not necessarily brand new releases) from UK sellers on the US site shipped to my Canadian address (!) and all have arrived safely for no more than $4.49US a piece, tops. Chalkys, OxfordshireEngland and Rarewaves have all been reliable so far (and seem to be the same company anyway).
Thanks for this. I ordered two titles from OxfordshireEngland this way. We'll see how that goes.
Brian T (11-23-20)
Old 11-22-20, 06:27 PM

I just noticed that Zavvi is now charging only 5 pounds shipping to the US!! They don't remove VAT, unfortunately, but that low S&H makes up for it, imho....
Old 11-22-20, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 483 Likes on 328 Posts

I just noticed that Zavvi is now charging only 5 pounds shipping to the US!! They don't remove VAT, unfortunately, but that low S&H makes up for it, imho....
Check https://us.zavvi.com. Shipping there is only $5 (instead of pounds), which might make it cheaper, depending on the price of your items.
Old 11-22-20, 07:05 PM

true, but that US site doesn't see the UK only box sets like Indicator.
Old 12-15-20, 09:22 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Dan
I ordered two titles from OxfordshireEngland this way. We'll see how that goes.
Well, over a month later, and the discs are nowhere to be found. OxfordshireEngland says they have no tracking info, which... I mean... it makes sense on one level, but I thought all international shipments had to, at minimum, have one of those Customs numbers (two letters, a bunch of numbers, two more letters) which ends up getting used for tracking a lot of the time.

Anyway... my discs may never show up, but I'll keep holding out hope. And I can't force a refund out of O.E. since it's not their fault at all.
Old 12-15-20, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan
Well, over a month later, and the discs are nowhere to be found. OxfordshireEngland says they have no tracking info, which... I mean... it makes sense on one level, but I thought all international shipments had to, at minimum, have one of those Customs numbers (two letters, a bunch of numbers, two more letters) which ends up getting used for tracking a lot of the time.

Anyway... my discs may never show up, but I'll keep holding out hope. And I can't force a refund out of O.E. since it's not their fault at all.
Until the package arrives in your mailbox/doorstep, it is the seller's responsibility to get you the items. Yes, it may be the post office's fault, but it is the seller's responsibility to get you the item or make it right. Businesses have insurance for situations like this.
MooMooMooMoo (12-15-20)
Old 12-15-20, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 897 Likes on 757 Posts

The delivery systems are simply overwhelmed this holiday season with the massive crush of shipments. They just don't seem to have been prepared for this level of volume since so much retail has shifted online in the face of covid restrictions.
Old 12-16-20, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 705 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan

I've yet to have any parcels go missing from Oxfordshire (or Chalky's or Rarewaves, which seem to be related), but the occasional item has taken the better part of a month to arrive, possibly even longer. I do recall contacting them about one item and they asked me to give it another week or two because of global circumstances, and indeed it ended up arriving. I do wish they could provide tracking, but I understand why they can't. I'd be bummed if an item went missing, but considering what I've saved compared to ordering direct from the UK sites these days, I could probably live with a one-off loss, although I'd hope they might issue a replacement.
Old 12-16-20, 02:33 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

^ Yeah, I'm thinking it's just because of the overwhelming number of shipments at this time of year. I'd have loved to have the discs in hand after a couple weeks (as is usually the case), but it's not that big of a deal. I'm not mad about it or anything.
An unexpected tracking number did appear in my USPS Informed Delivery account today due for delivery on Saturday, but I'm not sure it's the one from OxfordshireEngland, as it could also be a care package from relatives up North. I guess I'll find out in a few days. Origin says Chicago, but that's only indicative of which 'hub' it arrived in.
Old 12-16-20, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 117 Likes on 92 Posts

Placed an order thru Rarewaves on eBay on 11/21, shipped 11/23, received 12/14. This year’s holiday gifting shift to everything online is choking all shippers

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.