Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Horror Movie Empire shenanigans (was: Blue Underground BDs $10 each)

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Horror Movie Empire shenanigans (was: Blue Underground BDs $10 each)

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-12, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts
re: Horror Movie Empire shenanigans (was: Blue Underground BDs $10 each)

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
They aren't at all legally liable to you and you'd just be wasting your time trying to get anything from BU.
Agree. This whole "business" is a slow moving train wreck!
Old 02-02-12, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

The window for him to respond to the Paypal claim closed yesterday and as expected he didn't respond. The ruling came today in my favor and the $20 was in my Paypal account. I got my money back, the ordeal is over, thank God.

Good luck to everyone.
Old 02-02-12, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I got an update, in the form of an automated generic e-mail. It's titled "Order Refund Notice" and straight from HME. Problem: I paid with PayPal and they're the ones to process and e-mail me such an update. I obviously have not been refunded.
Old 02-02-12, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by SethDLH
The window for him to respond to the Paypal claim closed yesterday and as expected he didn't respond. The ruling came today in my favor and the $20 was in my Paypal account. I got my money back, the ordeal is over, thank God.

Good luck to everyone.
Thanks for update. My paypal claim is ending soon, so I'm hoping my outcome is the same.

For a sale meant to expand his customer base, it looks like it's had the exact opposite effect. I wouldn't be surprised if he just cut his losses and refunded all the outstanding orders.
Old 02-02-12, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts

^ I would be shocked if he did that. I think he feels like he's finally starting to get all this under control. I'm not saying I agree with that, but that's the impression I get.
Old 02-02-12, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by SethDLH

Good luck to everyone.
The window for him to respond to my claims also expired yesterday. The "Awaiting other party's response" message remains unchanged on my account...

As I mentioned, I have over $200 tied up in this. I've become somewhat nauseous waiting for PayPal's decision.
Old 02-02-12, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by joe_b
The window for him to respond to my claims also expired yesterday. The "Awaiting other party's response" message remains unchanged on my account...

As I mentioned, I have over $200 tied up in this. I've become somewhat nauseous waiting for PayPal's decision.
Yesterday was the last day for him to respond in my case. I checked this morning and it had the same message yours still does. A few hours later I received the email stating that the decision was made in my favor.
Old 02-02-12, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by joe_b
You and me both, joe_b. "Nauseous" indeed.
Old 02-02-12, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NoirFan
I finally received a shipping notice today for the three non-preorders (Crazies, Two Evil Eyes and Daughters of Darkness) in my 12/19 order
The first two arrived today (from HME not Amazon), but I'm still waiting on Daughters.
Old 02-02-12, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NoirFan
I finally received a shipping notice today for the three non-preorders (Crazies, Two Evil Eyes and Daughters of Darkness) in my 12/19 order, and was told in response to my 1/19 email that 'Night train will be shipped once we get it in.' When I punch the tracking number into Google I am told that the USPS 'has no record of this item', but I'll check back on Monday.
I ordered those same three, on the same date, and I'm still waiting on getting anything shipped. I'd like to believe it'll be soon but can't do anything but sit and wait.
Old 02-02-12, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by bse
THIS is the problem with people.... you give him credit? he screwed 80% of the people, lied to everyone and took 45+ days to get you a blu-ray whih he ended up just ordering off of Amazon (which he could have done 45 days ago), but you give him credit?
I'm of the opinion that he began and continues with good intentions. I don't consider people who got their refund screwed. We all wasted some time, but this isn't the end of the world. (I reserve the right to change my mind if he someone here does not receive their discs or their money).
Old 02-02-12, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 91 Likes on 22 Posts

Soooooooooooo....how many of you would give this guy your business again? I have to admit I am curious from a business persepctive. Some people have been FAR more gracious that I expected them to be considering the circumstances.
Old 02-02-12, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My limit was hitting February with nothing shipped out, other people getting similar items that I ordered when they did orders before or the same day as me, the fact that even though he seems to be more organized on responding to order request but is still saying things like "I hope to have it shipped out by blah", and finally, doing a recent tweet saying
anyone that didnt get their stuff/refunded by Horrorhound weekend find us there; we'll give your stuff AND your full order refunded!
has pushed me from possibly ordering depending on how things are handled in the future to never again.

If you have the stuff to give out, how about sending it out?
Old 02-02-12, 05:31 PM

My limit was hitting February with nothing shipped out, other people getting similar items that I ordered when they did orders before or the same day as me, the fact that even though he seems to be more organized on responding to order request but is still saying things like "I hope to have it shipped out by blah", and finally, doing a recent tweet saying has pushed me from possibly ordering depending on how things are handled in the future to never again.

If you have the stuff to give out, how about sending it out?
^ wow was that really the tweet?? i hope to god that he got confused on putting that sentence together...
Old 02-02-12, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by tecHouse
^ wow was that really the tweet?? i hope to god that he got confused on putting that sentence together...
https://twitter.com/#!/horrorempire/...81436299542528
Old 02-02-12, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by GoldenWheels
Soooooooooooo....how many of you would give this guy your business again? I have to admit I am curious from a business persepctive. Some people have been FAR more gracious that I expected them to be considering the circumstances.
I'd say the likelihood of me ordering from this place again is getting more remote each day that goes by without a shipping confirmation or delivery. This might be a better question to ask when more people have things resolved, though. If people start receiving complete orders, they might be willing to put up with the delays and poor communication for the cheap prices.

If I receive all of the titles I ordered and were to place an order from this place again, I promise to do a lot less complaining. I'd at least know what to expect.
Old 02-02-12, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, I saw that, too, and it rubbed me wrong as well. What's going to happen if a bunch of people show up wanting their money *and* stuff? That could get messy in person. Regardless, maybe we should get a DVDTalker to print out some of our orders and try to collect.
Old 02-02-12, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

As amusing a scene it would be, I could see him pulling out of the convention if he got wind of someone that was going to show up with dozens of order forms. That or he'd change the game so you had to prove you were the one that did the order. You know, because he wouldn't want a customer to get ripped off and not get their stuff.
Old 02-02-12, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,301 Likes on 945 Posts

HorrorHound Weekend is towards the end of March. Doesn't bode well if he thinks there's a possibility that orders could still be unresolved by then.
Old 02-02-12, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just got an email from HME confirming my refund... Thanks pal, as if the Paypal email and refund wasn't enough.
Old 02-02-12, 07:16 PM

Well the latest reply to a tweet, suggests that all will be filled by then.

https://twitter.com/#!/horrorempire/...29936112701440
Old 02-02-12, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TomOpus
HorrorHound Weekend is towards the end of March. Doesn't bode well if he thinks there's a possibility that orders could still be unresolved by then.
I think that was the point of the tweet. I think everyone is misinterpreting it. I took it as a guarantee that all orders will be fulfilled or refunded by that date.
Old 02-02-12, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well, I just received ... a shipping confirmation. I had five tracking numbers included in the invoice (more on that in a second). I looked them up, and they are all with UPS, not USPS. He actually sent them 2nd Day Air. Three of the tracking numbers say that they are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.

But of course things can't be *that* simple. The fourth tracking number shows no information, only "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated." It says the label was created Feb. 2, so I guess that maybe part of it hasn't shipped.

Also, that fifth "tracking number" really isn't a tracking number at all. It says "REFUNDED." I looked at the shipping confirmation email he sent to me, and it shows "refunded" next to The 10th Victim and Salon Kitty. I never requested a refund or a cancellation for these titles, and my credit cards has not been credited $20, at least not yet. So, despite the shipping confirmation and all of these tracking numbers, I *still* don't know what I'm going to get in the mail tomorrow or if I should be expecting more stuff at a later date. I can't wait to find out, though.
Old 02-02-12, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by clckworang
Well, I just received ... a shipping confirmation. I had five tracking numbers included in the invoice (more on that in a second). I looked them up, and they are all with UPS, not USPS. He actually sent them 2nd Day Air. Three of the tracking numbers say that they are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.

But of course things can't be *that* simple. The fourth tracking number shows no information, only "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated." It says the label was created Feb. 2, so I guess that maybe part of it hasn't shipped.

Also, that fifth "tracking number" really isn't a tracking number at all. It says "REFUNDED." I looked at the shipping confirmation email he sent to me, and it shows "refunded" next to The 10th Victim and Salon Kitty. I never requested a refund or a cancellation for these titles, and my credit cards has not been credited $20, at least not yet. So, despite the shipping confirmation and all of these tracking numbers, I *still* don't know what I'm going to get in the mail tomorrow or if I should be expecting more stuff at a later date. I can't wait to find out, though.
ooh the excitement.. be sure to take pics when they arrive lol.
Old 02-02-12, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Oh and for those keeping score, I placed one order for 12 Blu-rays on Dec. 20. It included:

Django
House by the Cemetery
Night Train Murders
Two Evil Eyes
Zombie
Cat O Nine Tails
City of the Living Dead
Fire and Ice
Daughters of Darkness
Vampyres
10th Victim
Salon Kitty

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.