Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Horror Movie Empire shenanigans (was: Blue Underground BDs $10 each)

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Horror Movie Empire shenanigans (was: Blue Underground BDs $10 each)

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-12, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Horror Movie Empire shenanigans (was: Blue Underground BDs $10 each)

cool, thanks for the tips guys.
Old 01-23-12, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

My last shred of goodwill for this guy disappeared when I saw this reply he gave to someone asking for a refund:
Originally Posted by @horrorempire
you've already opened the claim with paypal sir or m'am, they will be refunding you once their investigation is complete
That's a load of crap if I've ever seen it. He's aware of the claim, yet he prefers to let PayPal investigate instead of just giving the guy his money back? Dick move... I've opened my own dispute already.

Last edited by joe_b; 01-23-12 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-23-12, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joe_b
HThe guy set up a new e-mail address for people wanting status updates: [email protected]. He claims you will (hopefully) get a reply within four days.
I emailed him five days ago and still no response.
Old 01-23-12, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
If the enterprise is fraudulent or a Ponzi scheme as postulated earlier, they have my credit card information and enough information to steal my identity. I'm not throwing accusations around but thinking of the worst-case scenario. I lean more towards the side of a new business owner who has gotten caught up in inventory issues and talks way too much on Twitter.
I doubt his intent has ever been to rip people off, but I can very easily see how he might have gotten screwed on stock, saw that he had a bunch of money coming in from new orders and started using that cash to fulfill people's orders through Amazon at higher prices. Of course then he wouldn't have had enough money left over to order sufficient stock at his discounted prices. If that's the case, I'd expect him to have another big sale soon to raise enough money to buy the inventory needed to ship out our current orders.

Originally Posted by joe_b
My last shred of goodwill for this guy disappeared when I saw this reply he gave to someone asking for a refund:That's a load of crap if I've ever seen it. He's aware of the claim, yet he prefers to let PayPal investigate instead of just giving the guy his money back? Dick move... I've opened my own dispute already.
Yeah, that's pretty awful. Outside of the attitude towards an ill-treated customer, if I was running his business and Paypal had already temporarily suspended me once, I'd have a bit more serious of an attitude towards people opening claims with them. Instead, it sounds like he's just going to tell Paypal, "Yep, I couldn't fill these orders and should've refunded the money, but I didn't. Go ahead and do it yourself." Can't imagine them leaving his account up much longer if that's what happens.
Old 01-24-12, 01:51 AM

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Just checked and he sent out cancellation notices for my orders. I assume that was prompted by my PayPal dispute. In the time it took him to e-mail me those, he could have already refunded my money. Not only was this ordeal a waste of time, but a continuing hassle on top of it. Now I'll have to wait for the outcome of a PayPal investigation before I get refunded?

It's not like contact wasn't made on my end. I politely asked him to refund me nearly a week ago. It's like this guy is trying to piss off folks. So much for being told my stuff would go out by last weekend.

Last edited by joe_b; 01-24-12 at 02:43 AM.
Old 01-24-12, 02:09 AM

Received 95 Likes on 77 Posts

Earth's biggest rip-off selection!!!
Old 01-24-12, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by davidlynchfan
Earth's biggest rip-off selection!!!
this.
Old 01-24-12, 08:53 AM

I filed a dispute claim with PayPal last night and asked for it to be escalated.

What a ripoff. If he had said that he was a one-man operation and it would take 5-6 weeks to send out orders, I doubt many would have cared. I would have appreciated the honesty and been willing to wait. But it doesn't seem like I'll be getting my order anytime soon. I'm gathering that no one who ordered on 12/19/2011 has received a shipment?

I don't think the guy went into things with the intent of jerking us around, but that's what he's doing. Again, a little communication would have went a long way. I contacted him by e-mail earlier this month and he responded that my order would be out by 14 days. 14 days have passed, and no order. All he had to do was e-mail me to explain the delay.

It's too much of a hassle at this point. I just hope we all get our money back.
Old 01-24-12, 10:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Burgundy LaRue
I filed a dispute claim with PayPal last night and asked for it to be escalated.

What a ripoff. If he had said that he was a one-man operation and it would take 5-6 weeks to send out orders, I doubt many would have cared. I would have appreciated the honesty and been willing to wait. But it doesn't seem like I'll be getting my order anytime soon. I'm gathering that no one who ordered on 12/19/2011 has received a shipment?

I don't think the guy went into things with the intent of jerking us around, but that's what he's doing. Again, a little communication would have went a long way. I contacted him by e-mail earlier this month and he responded that my order would be out by 14 days. 14 days have passed, and no order. All he had to do was e-mail me to explain the delay.

It's too much of a hassle at this point. I just hope we all get our money back.
^ 666 posts!
Old 01-24-12, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts

The more I read these situations, the more I'm glad I never put in an order. What a cluster.
Old 01-24-12, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts
My back and forth with them over the past couple days

2 days ago I received an "Order Refund Notice" for a refund that I didn't request, to which I replied:

Me:
"Why did you cancel my order? I did not request for you to, and was patiently awaiting the arrival of my movies.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

DKS Entertainment:
"I actually may have been a mistake we had a Scott clapp ask for refund on his orders during the processing we may have accidentally clicked yours too. I apologize for that. If you still wish for the movies just Paypal $ to [email protected] or I can take credit card if you prefer that way. Again I apologize for the mixup."

Me:
"I just checked my credit card account, and you did not in fact refund the $36 I paid to your company.
Why then would you ask me to send payment again?
I know that you've been having some issues, but I would hope that you are fulfilling orders in the order in which they were placed, and my credit card was charged on 12/22/11."

DKS Entertainment:
"We aren't asking you to resend payment, you informed us that you got a notice that your order was refunded. If it was and you still wanted the movies then we would've needed you to resend the payment. If you didn't get refunded then you don't."

Old 01-24-12, 12:20 PM
bse
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

wow clapp, shady. like i previously said, I had placed a couple pre-orders, if this dude can't even keep his shit together with "in stock" orders what is the chance we are getting our pre-orders?
Old 01-24-12, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by bse
wow clapp, shady
I'm trying (hard) to give this guy the benefit of the doubt, but I'm I wrong in my interpretation that he asked me to pay again. That's how I read it.
Old 01-24-12, 01:25 PM

I wonder how long to give this guy before asking my CC company to refund my transaction.. Been about a month since I placed my order already.
Old 01-24-12, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by TomOpus
The more I read these situations, the more I'm glad I never put in an order. What a cluster.
The thread on bluray.com is rapidly approaching 1000 posts. Some people have received small portions of their orders, with products coming from amazon and third party amazon sellers. The dude doesn't seem very forthcoming with the inventory situation and isn't responding to a lot of peoples order inquiries. Wild stuff.
Old 01-24-12, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 445 Likes on 251 Posts

I'm a pretty patient guy...if I just knew for sure that all of the titles I ordered would eventually be shipped, I can go the distance no matter how many more weeks it takes.

It's the not knowing that is making me nervous.
Old 01-24-12, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by JHosk
The thread on bluray.com is rapidly approaching 1000 posts. Some people have received small portions of their orders, with products coming from amazon and third party amazon sellers. The dude doesn't seem very forthcoming with the inventory situation and isn't responding to a lot of peoples order inquiries. Wild stuff.
Yeah, I've been trying to go there to do most of my bitching about this.

Originally Posted by Jaymole
I'm a pretty patient guy...if I just knew for sure that all of the titles I ordered would eventually be shipped, I can go the distance no matter how many more weeks it takes.

It's the not knowing that is making me nervous.
That's my thing as well. Granted, I'm always impatient when I order something. I want it now! But I honestly don't mind the wait as long as I know what's really going on. When you've got an order for 12 Blu-rays that was placed toward the beginning of the sale and haven't received one thing while others who placed orders much later than you have received all or at least some of the items, it's really frustrating and makes you wonder if your order has been forgotten about.
Old 01-24-12, 03:37 PM
bse
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So much for not sharing your information with a 3rd party....as Amazon and random Amazon sellers are doing the bulk of the shipping. I don't give a shit, just a thought. If nothing else this is entertaining.
Old 01-24-12, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Remember, there is a 45-day window in which to file a claim with Paypal - I'm on my 36th day. Anyone else who hasn't received their 12/19 orders within the next week should certainly file a complaint.
Old 01-24-12, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

EDIT: Decided to remove my relatively optimistic post extoling the benefit of the doubt until we see how this plays out. Am troubled by the developing situation with the refunds.

Last edited by ProfessorEcho; 01-25-12 at 07:47 AM.
Old 01-24-12, 05:08 PM

So in other words you have to kiss his ass to get an order fulfilled? If that's the case he's got a hell of a lot to learn about running a business.

When I pop a dollar in a Coke machine I expect to get the Coke I paid for in return. I don't have to tell it how much I love and appreciate the Coca-Cola company.
Old 01-24-12, 05:33 PM

This fiasco could put him out of business.
Old 01-24-12, 05:56 PM

I'm sitting waiting for stuff over a month ago. and I only ordered two of them. And those seem to be titles other people have received. I've yet to even get a email with a shipping confirmation.
Old 01-24-12, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by NoirFan
Remember, there is a 45-day window in which to file a claim with Paypal - I'm on my 36th day. Anyone else who hasn't received their 12/19 orders within the next week should certainly file a complaint.
Agreed.
Old 01-24-12, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

EDIT: Pending the eventual outcome of all this....

Last edited by ProfessorEcho; 01-25-12 at 08:05 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.