Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Horror Movie Empire shenanigans (was: Blue Underground BDs $10 each)

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Horror Movie Empire shenanigans (was: Blue Underground BDs $10 each)

Old 01-19-12, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts
re: Horror Movie Empire shenanigans (was: Blue Underground BDs $10 each)

Originally Posted by SethDLH
I'm thinking if anyone ordered Salon Kitty (like I did) we are getting the shit end of the stick just a little bit more since Amazon doesn't stock it.
Uh oh ...
Old 01-19-12, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tecHouse
those people who received any orders.. did you get a tracking number a few days before the order arrived?... or did the packages just appear without notice? thanks.
I got tracking numbers. One title shipped via Fedex, a 2nd title shipped 1st class mail. I'm still waiting on 2 more titles to ship.
Old 01-19-12, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 213 Likes on 140 Posts

Got Vampyros Lesbos DVD (OOP) and Intruder blu-ray from my 01/08/11 order today. I am still waiting on all items from a 7 quantity order placed on 12/19/11 and just send an e-mail to [email protected]. Fingers crossed, but so far so good (got 8/15 total items ordered since 12/14/11). I had gotten shipping noticed for the items received (except through Amazon) but nothing for the remaining order so far.

Edit: My remaining order did include Salon Kitty. hahaha...
Old 01-19-12, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Undeadcow
\
Edit: My remaining order did include Salon Kitty. hahaha...
Me too.

I finally placed an order on 12/30. God knows when I'll receive it, but if I haven't heard from him by next week, I'll place my first inquiry.
Old 01-19-12, 06:21 PM

dang i havent got any shipping/tracking notices yet.. ordered 7 dvds from the BU sale around 12/17.
Old 01-19-12, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm thinking if anyone ordered Salon Kitty (like I did) we are getting the shit end of the stick just a little bit more since Amazon doesn't stock it.
I received Salon Kitty in part of an order today.
Old 01-19-12, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jmsmath
I received Salon Kitty in part of an order today.
Well there goes my theory haha.
Old 01-21-12, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 94 Likes on 76 Posts

Any news or new tweets from this A-list celebrity?
Old 01-21-12, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just sent him an email to get a refund. If I don't hear back by Monday I'm going through Paypal.
Old 01-21-12, 03:20 PM

I filed with paypal today. It has been a long time since I ordered this, and he hasn't responded to my last several emails. Since I am not about to go tracking someone down on twitter, this seems like the only way to go.
Old 01-21-12, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jrsl76
Me too.

I finally placed an order on 12/30. God knows when I'll receive it, but if I haven't heard from him by next week, I'll place my first inquiry.
I can tell you what will happen.

If you ask via email, you'll get no response.

If you call the phone number, you'll find it doesn't work.

If you go through Twitter, you get a response where he'll say it's already been shipped out and he'll try and get you a tracking number tonight or tomorrow. Your order should also show up by this weekend or the beginning of next week. In reality, you won't get an order number and no order will show up.

At least that's how it's worked for me the two times I've gotten a response through Twitter.

But don't worry, he's got so many new customers that it doesn't matter if you want to cancel your order. I just wish he'd be more honest about the status of his stock on the BU orders. If he's sending out Synapse orders made this month already, it obviously isn't a case of having too many orders and slowly working through them in the order they came in.
Old 01-21-12, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm done. Requested cancelation. Just hope I can actually get my money back. Paid with CC.
Old 01-22-12, 03:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I wonder what's up with this:

@horrorempire Horror Movie Empire
Anyone wanna make $20?? I need a screen grab of all 45 BluRay.com thread pages about us...same with dvdtalk as jpegs or png on a disk
4 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone
Old 01-22-12, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Drama whore. He says it's because he wants to improve but I don't think it's that hard to figure out what the problem is.

Things like that would make me do a chargeback with my cc company, rather than requesting a refund, since it'll hurt his status with his merchant account.
Old 01-22-12, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
Drama whore. He says it's because he wants to improve but I don't think it's that hard to figure out what the problem is.

Things like that would make me do a chargeback with my cc company, rather than requesting a refund, since it'll hurt his status with his merchant account.
Not just you, after seeing that I just went through paypal and filed a claim. Funny thing is at first you have to open a line of communication with the seller, but when I tried to send the message through Paypal it immediately came back that the seller couldn't be reached at his given information and it let me skip right to a claim. Sketchy.
Old 01-22-12, 07:42 PM

Is it just me or is this like a Ponzi scheme? One amasses others' money with the promise of a return to them and actually doesn't fulfill the obligations promised while spending the money for themselves. In this case, instead of monetary growth or return, a simple product was supposed to be the return.

The returns/fulfillments are random, sporadic, and nonsensical to throw people off. Many are complaining and we're getting all of these false promises, while having all of these little communication failures to excuse his bullshit. He's trolling to boot and it has been proven he's spending the money quite happily. I will be filing a request for a refund and a subsequent complaint case soon.
Old 01-22-12, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 802 Likes on 676 Posts

This whole affair has been odd since the Blue Underground sale was first posted to various deal sites. I regret not paying with Paypal.
Old 01-22-12, 10:25 PM

Received 213 Likes on 140 Posts

I haven't gotten a direct reply to my order inquiry but did get a shipping notice for 2 out of 7 items (Daughters of Darkness & Zombie) from my remaining 12/19/11 order.

Salon Kitty, where are you?!?
Old 01-22-12, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

^ Still no BU blu-rays here and I ordered around the same time as you. I'm tired of waiting and just want a refund at this point.

Funny thing is at first you have to open a line of communication with the seller, but when I tried to send the message through Paypal it immediately came back that the seller couldn't be reached at his given information and it let me skip right to a claim. Sketchy.
Weird. How was he getting payment notices if his contact info wasn't valid? And how will he address disputes if PayPal can't reach him? Never had to file a PayPal claim before, but that definitely sounds worrisome. Per his Twitter message, he is aware of this thread. Hopefully, he'll care enough to respond since he's offered to pay someone to make screencaps of everyone's comments.
Old 01-23-12, 07:38 AM

After reaching out again on Twitter, I finally got a response (it had been since 1/5 that he had responded on email after repeated attempts) and got a shipping notice for 2 out of 7 (Inferno and 2 Evil Eyes) - he said the rest should be "out this week" I doubt that, but we will see.
Old 01-23-12, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
This whole affair has been odd since the Blue Underground sale was first posted to various deal sites. I regret not paying with Paypal.
Why? Credit cards are faster and offer better protection. If he takes all the money from his paypal account, you'll never get anything back.

If you paid with a credit card, they'll give you the money back.

Originally Posted by efordvt
After reaching out again on Twitter, I finally got a response (it had been since 1/5 that he had responded on email after repeated attempts) and got a shipping notice for 2 out of 7 (Inferno and 2 Evil Eyes) - he said the rest should be "out this week" I doubt that, but we will see.
Yeah, good luck with that.
Old 01-23-12, 02:39 PM

Why? Credit cards are faster and offer better protection. If he takes all the money from his paypal account, you'll never get anything back.

How do you file a claim with your cc company? do you just call them up and ask them for a refund for so and so transaction ?
Old 01-23-12, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 802 Likes on 676 Posts

If the enterprise is fraudulent or a Ponzi scheme as postulated earlier, they have my credit card information and enough information to steal my identity. I'm not throwing accusations around but thinking of the worst-case scenario. I lean more towards the side of a new business owner who has gotten caught up in inventory issues and talks way too much on Twitter.
Old 01-23-12, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

How do you file a claim with your cc company? do you just call them up and ask them for a refund for so and so transaction ?
Pretty much. Just look on the back for the customer service number and then you just tell them how you've been charged for an order that you've never received, along with the attempts you've made to try and work it out with the company. They might send you a form to fill out but that's about it.

If you haven't tried contacting him yet about the order, that should be the first step.
Old 01-23-12, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts

Pretty much what Mister Peepers said, but there might even be a way to do it online while you are logged into your credit card account. But you can always just use your phone.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.