Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Horror Movie Empire shenanigans (was: Blue Underground BDs $10 each)

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Horror Movie Empire shenanigans (was: Blue Underground BDs $10 each)

Old 12-30-11, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
re: Horror Movie Empire shenanigans (was: Blue Underground BDs $10 each)

I posted on his Facebook page that I wanted him to cancel my Paypal order so I could reorder with a credit card. He responded that would be fine, but after I noticed the price increase I decided to just leave it for now. He responded again and said he also thought leaving the Paypal order was fine, that he was doing everything he could to settle the Paypal issue and would send refunds if he couldnt. After 30 days I will contact him again and if the matter is not straightened out, I will file a dispute. I only ordered two titles.
Old 12-30-11, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lostboys323
The Orders in question are all from UK and Belgium so if you received shipping # from PayPal from us PLEASE confirm receipt"
Depending on the shipping method used, it sounds like it's going to be weeks before those get confirmed, if at all. I don't like the sound of this at all.
Old 12-30-11, 09:18 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by novaadage
Finally got a shipping noticed from him yesterday. When I got home today I had an amazon package. Inside was 1 of the 3 titles I ordered. Considering I paid 6 bucks for it from him and he ordered it for 22.99 tells me he's trying to be legit. The other two should be arriving in a day or so. I'll keep you posted.
Received my other two CODE Red dvd's today. They shipped from

Navarre LS
7400 49th Haven
New Hope, MN 55428

So, from order date to finally getting it took 43 days. Outside of the length of time, everything else is fine. Everything was mint and sealed.
Old 12-30-11, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts

All right, so the site is experiencing problems with Paypal. Well, what about all those orders that weren't paid with Paypal? I placed my order with a regular credit card on the 20th and haven't heard anything. It's a little disheartening to see people who made orders after me already receiving packages. I understand he's swamped, but more direct communication on how orders are being handled would be appreciated.
Old 12-31-11, 12:51 AM

I'm also concerned about orders we're hearing about where 1 out of 3+ items is shipping and it's arriving from amazon. What's the deal with the other items in those orders?
Old 12-31-11, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 94 Likes on 76 Posts

Paging abnormal freak to correspond..

This thread maybe even stranger than the BU movies itself.

Last edited by davidlynchfan; 12-31-11 at 02:03 AM.
Old 12-31-11, 02:12 AM

I just received a shipping notice for an Arrow Video order I placed on 12/12.
Old 12-31-11, 02:41 PM
Cool New Member

My credit card was charged,but no shipping notice. My full order price showed up,even a backordered item. I hope everything shipped with my card being charged.
Old 12-31-11, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by adam_omega
I'm also concerned about orders we're hearing about where 1 out of 3+ items is shipping and it's arriving from amazon. What's the deal with the other items in those orders?
Originally Posted by novaadage
Received my other two CODE Red dvd's today. They shipped from

Navarre LS
7400 49th Haven
New Hope, MN 55428

So, from order date to finally getting it took 43 days. Outside of the length of time, everything else is fine. Everything was mint and sealed.
It could be he's ordering them from the Distributor/Company sites too.

Code Red/Navarre are one company now, so that might explain novaadage's Code Red order that he received. Their offices/warehouse is at that address.

I didn't order from the sale because of reading what had been said on this site and other sites, but I wish the best of luck to everyone who has ordered!
Old 12-31-11, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll give him 35 days before I'm worried and 40 before I file a paypal claim. I hope it works out but if not I feel safe that I'll get my $20 back.
Old 01-01-12, 05:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Looks like on Facebook a Synapse sale is coming within a couple of days. I pretty much have all the Synapse I want from the last DD.com sale. He's indicated so far the BU orders are 7-10 days behind. Guess that means my order from 12/20 should ship right after the holiday since there will be a new sale to fill orders for. I'm not holding my breath. I'm interested to hear from anyone that got a completed order shipped from somewhere other than Amazon from any time, this sale or any other.

I can only see the FB post when I log into FB.
Old 01-01-12, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I wish he'd hold off on further sales until he's fulfilled all orders from previous ones.
Old 01-01-12, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by NoirFan
I wish he'd hold off on further sales until he's fulfilled all orders from previous ones.
I absolutely agree.
Old 01-01-12, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'd hold off on further orders until he's fulfilled your orders from previous ones.

I'd just like to hear from someone who has received their complete BU order without the gift message from Amazon.
Old 01-01-12, 09:29 PM

The new HorrorMovieEmpire newsletter seems to indicate that the Blue Underground sale is STILL not going to end, just have the prices increase $2.

Jan 1st-8th
Save a TON on all Synapse/Impulse/Panik House DVDs and Blu-Rays including Pre-Orders!
http://www.shop.horrormovieempire.co...-House_c62.htm

To kick off the new year we have an amazing sale for you! ALL Synapse/Impulse/Panik House DVDs are just $10, ALL Blu-Ray just $12 and ALL Blu/DVD Combos just $15! Also as a sale-only special the Pinky Violence Box Set will be just $41.99!!! That's $58 OFF RETAIL PRICE! Also to kick off the new year the Bloody Box Deal returns! But from now on instead of being daily it will be weekly and only while inventory lasts for each deal.....This week's deal??? The Anchor Bay Dawn Of The Dead 4-Disk Ultimate Edition Box Set just $22.99! All this starts tonight at 11:59 Chicago time. Still can't get enough blue underground? Don't worry, we aren't even putting those titles back to normal prices yet...instead they will increase just $2 so you still have time to get them at a fraction of the normal cost. Ok weekly paypal update: we are still accepting paypal, and since we are delayed roughly 10-12 days on orders as it is there shouldn't be any added delay if you used (or use) paypal to pay for your purchases, all they are waiting on is to verify 3 deliveries (we uploaded tracking numbers to them) then they told us we'd be in the clear...while this is great news we must warn we've dealt with paypal for a LONG time and what they say today isn't quite what they'll say tomorrow but we are hopeful that by this week the funds will be released to us. As always we'll update on twitter and the frontpage of the store if anything changes. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND BUSINESS AND ALSO FOR SPREADING THE WORD! As a special treat during the Synapse sale the first 6 people to spend $100 or more and put the word 'Synapse' in their instructions to us will get a FREE Synapse Films t-shirt! Please specify your size as well as we only have 6 total shirts so it's first come first served.
Old 01-01-12, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Luckily those Synapse prices don't tempt me.
Old 01-01-12, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by SethDLH
Luckily those Synapse prices don't tempt me.
Same here. But I really wanted all of those Scorpion titles. Sale came and went but I wanted to wait until I got some shipping notices before I bought anymore. Bummed out.
Old 01-02-12, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The Arrow disc of Maniac Cop is $15.29 with SCREAM code - the transfer is apparently identical to the Synapse release, and it includes almost an hour of exclusive extras. Unlike Frankenhooker however, it doesn't also include the Synapse extras, which are roughly 27 minutes, nor does it include the Japanese TV footage. Neither disc includes the DVD's commentary.
Old 01-02-12, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 213 Likes on 140 Posts

Also holding off until there are more confirmations or I receive my own orders from BU/Corman sales. Otherwise considering The Image, Intruder, and Thou Shall Not Kill pre-order.
Old 01-02-12, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I noticed a post like this yesterday on their facebook page that seems to be missing this morning. That's always a great sign.

edit: Now this situation reminds me of the guy posted earlier that couldn't ship all his orders because he spent the money on his band. The guy running Horror Movie Empire tweeted that he's making an offer this week to buy his first house.

So gonna be buying my first house! Next week I make 1st offer...100% fixer but 1/2 acre of land and a full basement unfinished
http://twitter.com/#!/horrorempire/s...46326057332737

Last edited by The Man with the Golden Doujinshi; 01-02-12 at 12:32 PM.
Old 01-02-12, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Remind me to file a dispute before he finishes his basement.
Old 01-02-12, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
this situation reminds me of the guy posted earlier that couldn't ship all his orders because he spent the money
http://twitter.com/#!/horrorempire/s...46326057332737
Ruh roh...
Old 01-02-12, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
I noticed a post like this yesterday on their facebook page that seems to be missing this morning. That's always a great sign.
Whoops, it wasn't deleted, it was just hiding from me. Of course that doesn't fix the rest.
Old 01-03-12, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If I manage to get anything out of this sale, I'm not ordering anything else until the shipping issues get resolved. Anyone get any order updates yet?

http://forum.blu-ray.com/movie-tv-de...ml#post5599186

Yeah, that's what killed me. Most of them were simply upgrades. But I knew I'd regret it if I didn't take advantage of it. Plus this sale has helped this guy out of tremendous money problems and given him the incentive to do deals like this more often. I think it is worth it for us fans in the long run.
http://twitter.com/#!/horrorempire/s...70781247242240

ha! Couldn't be me I got kicked off feebay a looong time ago
Looks like some orders are being shipped but it doesn't look like in order. I have one order number before his later one.
http://forum.blu-ray.com/movie-tv-de...ml#post5634250
Just an update for those who are interested...

I just received shipping notices on both of my orders.

Order #1960 placed on 12/8 and Order #2328 placed on 12/19.

Will let you guys know when they arrive.

Last edited by The Man with the Golden Doujinshi; 01-03-12 at 07:20 PM.
Old 01-03-12, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yea... I think I'm done with this site when I get my 2 BU discs or my money back... whichever one happens. This is just too much headache to save a few bucks.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.