Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Horror Movie Empire shenanigans (was: Blue Underground BDs $10 each)

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Horror Movie Empire shenanigans (was: Blue Underground BDs $10 each)

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-12, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 811 Likes on 316 Posts
re: Horror Movie Empire shenanigans (was: Blue Underground BDs $10 each)

Originally Posted by Chad
I ordered 10 Blu-rays on 12/20 and still nothing.
Just got a reply back from an email I sent yesterday and he said it should go out by Tuesday. We'll see.
Old 01-08-12, 12:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SethDLH
Pretty sure he said on Twitter that he's just picking random order numbers and filling them.... Stupid.

There were people annoyed on the BR.com about the random order. So I assume he could just be trolling them. Since he's done it several times already.
Old 01-08-12, 12:15 AM
bse
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

always good practice to troll your customers.
Old 01-08-12, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Considering this guy has probably over a 1000 orders, and half of them are whining little girls in pink pajamas, asking why their lollipops haven't shipped...I'd turn into a Troll, too. Buncha fucking whiners. Give the guy a break and just chill the fuck out. These orders were placed over the holidays, and the last time I checked, shipping is rather molasses-like. Considering the good prices on these titles, I'd relax. He's also waiting on his own suppliers to make good on the titles he has ordered, so it's rather dynamic process.

Count your fucking blessings you people haven't ordered from Warner Brothers.
Old 01-08-12, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
Count your fucking blessings you people haven't ordered from Warner Brothers.
I have many times without issues and they don't charge me when I order and then not ship anything for weeks.

Add in coupon codes that get you some crazy low prices and they have some pretty great deals.
Old 01-08-12, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

The guy just posted a lengthy update/rebuttal concerning the legitimacy of his website on Facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/permalink.ph...d=240743788449

Originally Posted by HorrorMovieEmpire.com
Ok, i'm gonna take a little break from orders and do this because i feel it needs to be done....since many of you don't know about the store or it's history or anything i'm gonna give a rundown and also address many complaints that have surfaced lately (i.e. the blue underground sales). yes, i am 1 person running this entire operation, that means ordering from distributers, answering e-mails, updating website, updating products, checking shipments, doing inventory, advertising, going on facebook and twitter, invoicing, accounting, getting supplies and anything else you can think of. i do have some help but it's volunteers so they aren't always around. this is why sometimes orders take a long time to ship, i know it's frustrating, sometimes ridiculous and i've apologized and acknowledged that MANY times. next, everything here is legit, we buy directly from certain companies like synapse and alternative cinema and from other distributors as well like CAV and VPD and Navarre, etc. etc. next, everything is stocked, but sometimes we run out and have to wait for more of an item to get in...we don't mark it as unavailable unless the distributor or company tells us it's out of print. if the majority of you have a problem with that then we'll change it to not being able to order unless we have it right in front of us. next, people who are attacking other people on here or bluray.com for simply defending our store, how about you cut the little kid shit out and actually e-mail us and say we suck instead of attacking people who are happy with us? next, the blue underground sale put us on the map, i'm unbelievably happy with it, more orders from that alone than in the previous 2 years! again, that will cause a major backup. next, some of you are mad that other people are getting items first before you, tough nuts! we try to do every order as it comes in, if we run out of something then i'm not gonna make everyone else wait as well, deal with it. next, the people that say we are 'stealing money' guess what? we can't...it's nearly impossible with the checks and balances to steal money nowadays, you can make a claim with your card or paypal and BOOM you get your money back! next, on that note...anyone that wishes for a refund can simply e-mail and say 'hey i'm sick of waiting i want a refund' and it's done...i'm not gonna argue with ya! next, the synapse sale after BU sale...we'll do as many sales as we wish all year long if we wish, BUT the synapse sale was the last planned sale for a while and it'll stay that way. next, the people that defend the store are NOT paid, nor do i sleep with any of them nor do they get oodles of free items etc. etc. next, not e-mailing every person to let them know about the delays...well, we posted it on the website, on twitter, and i asked other people to post it on the forums and if i remember correctly they did so for most of you to say you didn't know about it, c'mon. note, that's not towards ALL of you but you know who you are. next, i have no problem with people voicing their opinions, i already know this post is gonna be disected and changed around and whatever, i don't really care honestly. next, we ain't going anywhere, we are answering e-mails as quick as we can and trying to give an honest estimate on delays...sometimes we are right on, sometimes it's longer, sometimes it's shorter, that's life, there's anywhere from 30-150 e-mails a day on everything from business stuff to orders to whatever so yes sometimes it takes more and 24 hours to get back. next, and lastly....i love all of you and send good vibes to ya, i fully understand a lot of you are frustrated with certain aspects and i'm actually glad you are voicing your opinions because that will help me and the site grow and get better, but please stop attacking the innocent people who are only guilty of having good experiences with us and spreading the word....or are just guilty of being patient with us. i'll tell ya, whoever of you is ABSOLUTELY perfect in everything you've ever done, let me know and i'll do exactly everything you say, deal????? Cheers everyone, i'm goin back to work! I LOVE ALL OF YOU!
I appreciate his frankness, but telling customers "tough nuts" when they complain about others getting their orders first isn't going to win him any support. I understand the situation, but like someone mentioned in the talkback, people would be much more understanding if he would just list that an item is backordered on the site -- or send out a mass customer e-mail concerning the delays. Folks don't really appreciate having to make a follow-up on there own after being left in the dark for weeks. Not everyone knows or cares that he is a one man opertation, or checks Twitter/Facebook for comments such as this.
Old 01-08-12, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by joe_b
I appreciate his frankness, but telling customers "tough nuts" when they complain about others getting their orders first isn't going to win him any support. I understand the situation, but like someone mentioned in the talkback, people would be much more understanding if he would just list that an item is backordered on the site -- or send out a mass customer e-mail concerning the delays. Folks don't really appreciate having to make a follow-up on there own after being left in the dark for weeks. Not everyone knows or cares that he is a one man opertation, or checks Twitter/Facebook for comments such as this.
Agreed. You tell me tough nuts even though I ordered at the beginning of the sale and with a credit card so that my order wouldn't be trapped by any Paypal delays? I understand it's a one-man operation, but as you say, I imagine it couldn't have been too hard to send out a mass email to folks. Yes, he posted about the delays on Facebook and Twitter, but as you say, customers prefer to not have to go searching for information about their orders.
Old 01-08-12, 04:46 PM

haha, i ordered 6 things, 4 from BU, and 2 from Synapse sale.

i think it's funny all the people whining about, gee my order hasnt shipped yet, gee i have to wait "X" amount of days to get confirmation.

i want it now, now, now.

i think most people knew from the start this was a small operation, it's not amazon, and that usually includes waiting a little longer cause you got a deal.

hell i just ordered a 7" 45rpm from a tiny label on Oct 21, and didnt receive till Jan 4th. - it comes with the territory

all that being said, I question why the guy points out it being a "1 person operation", then starts referring to himself or the company, as 'US", "we"
Old 01-08-12, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by kbarkerok
i think it's funny all the people whining about, gee my order hasnt shipped yet, gee i have to wait "X" amount of days to get confirmation.

i want it now, now, now.
I think most people believed the "Orders ship in 72 hours" headline that was on his site throughout most of the sale was something of a guarantee. I'm sure they are also bothered by his statements of being 7-10 days behind on shipments when people have been waiting almost three weeks with no notice at all.

As I said, I understand the situation, but that's a long time to wait for any order, regardless of the seller. Not knowing it's a one man operation, it's perfectly reasonable to see why customers are getting concerned that their stuff may never ship -- especially if they were immediately billed for everything and never received an update. I trust the guy is legit because I've received an order in the past and he seems to be responsive to e-mails. Still, I would not call it whining when the concerns being raised seem valid.
Old 01-08-12, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,885 Posts

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't businesses have to wait until an order ships to place charges on credit cards?
Old 01-08-12, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sounds like it's up to the credit card company(visa/mc/amex/etc) but the general answer is no.

Can mail-order merchants charge my card before they ship?
According to Janet Hug of Visa USA, "a merchant is not permitted to bill ahead of time" except in case of a deposit or down payment that the customer agrees to.
MasterCard said in a letter that a merchant can charge you before shipment only if s/he tells you and you agree to "the terms and conditions of the sale."
American Express said the merchant can charge your card as soon as you give your account number; but if you receive the bill before the merchandise, call Amex customer service and you don't have to pay while they investigate.
http://www.creditinfocenter.com/card...html#Question9
Old 01-08-12, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't businesses have to wait until an order ships to place charges on credit cards?
If that is the case then almost every site I've ever ordered from besides Amazon is breaking the law.
Old 01-09-12, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by SethDLH
If that is the case then almost every site I've ever ordered from besides Amazon is breaking the law.
Sure you're not confusing an actual charge with the temp charge that's put on which falls off after a day or two? The only places I ever have the permanent charges stay on are really small places.

Originally Posted by Chad
Just got a reply back from an email I sent yesterday and he said it should go out by Tuesday. We'll see.
Good luck. Mine was supposed to go by the weekend but hasn't.
Old 01-09-12, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
Sure you're not confusing an actual charge with the temp charge that's put on which falls off after a day or two? The only places I ever have the permanent charges stay on are really small places.
That's what I was thinking, too. Pretty much every place I order from charges when the product ships.
Old 01-09-12, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm anxiously awaiting my order being shipped, but I do understand that he is working through a lot. I just hope to have a shipping notice in the next week or so.
Old 01-09-12, 06:52 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Screen Archives went ahead and billed my card at the end of November, but didn't ship until mid-December...but a second order I placed with them in mid-December does not appear to have hit my card yet (wasn't scheduled to ship until later in January). --Peter
Old 01-10-12, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

When I got home from work yesterday, I noticed that there was a box at my doorstep. Hmm, I wasn't expecting anything. I parked the car in the garage, and I allowed myself to get just a little bit excited, just a bit as I got out and made my way to the front door. Maybe my order got sent out without a shipping notification. Maybe just part of the order was sent out. I grab the box, look at it the label and see that it wasn't even a package for me! The house number was right, the street was wrong. Drat! Oh, well. I'm at the point now where I'm just going to sit back and see how long this all takes.
Old 01-11-12, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by clckworang
When I got home from work yesterday, I noticed that there was a box at my doorstep. Hmm, I wasn't expecting anything. I parked the car in the garage, and I allowed myself to get just a little bit excited, just a bit as I got out and made my way to the front door. Maybe my order got sent out without a shipping notification. Maybe just part of the order was sent out. I grab the box, look at it the label and see that it wasn't even a package for me! The house number was right, the street was wrong. Drat! Oh, well. I'm at the point now where I'm just going to sit back and see how long this all takes.
Did you open the box?
Old 01-11-12, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Three weeks and, like almost everyone else, not even a shipping notice yet. I emailed him on Sunday and politely inquired as to the status of my order, and still have yet to receive a response.
Old 01-11-12, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by uncleRemus
Did you open the box?
I was very tempted. I thought maybe it could be something really cool, a reward for my patience. In the end, I didn't open it and just dropped it off on the doorstep of the correct door. Besides, it was something from eBay, and those sellers already get enough grief from buyers.

Last edited by clckworang; 01-12-12 at 12:15 AM.
Old 01-11-12, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by clckworang
I was very tempted. I thought maybe it could be some really cool, a reward for my patience. In the end, I didn't open it and just dropped it off on the doorstep of the correct door. Besides, it was something from eBay, and those sellers already get enough grief from buyers.
You're a good man.
Old 01-13-12, 10:03 PM

Okay, I wrote the guy again on Monday asking about the status of my order and still haven't received a reply. He keeps telling folks on Twitter that he'll look into their orders later in the day, but I've only seen him confirm shipment for one person. He did mention that most of the BU orders have been processed, but if I don't hear back with an update/shipping notice by next Friday (which will be an entire month) I'll have to open a PayPal claim. At these price, I didn't mind waiting a few weeks -- but I'm not about to let the window to dispute the charge close before I've received one blu-ray from the order.
Old 01-13-12, 10:48 PM

I made a PayPal order of five Blue Underground Blu-rays on December 19th and I've seen nothing. I'm in the US. I am starting to get worried. It really isn't sound business practices to randomly ship orders and then play games with the waiting customers. You shouldn't have to remind someone to fulfill their obligated duties, especially as a paying customer to a merchant.

I'm disappointed that the holidays were completely overshot and so many more people are waiting for their items. He could have directly warned about delayed shipping due to the abundance of orders or something, instead of making people play message tag with him on the social media websites.
Old 01-13-12, 11:04 PM

Received 95 Likes on 77 Posts

Giving one more week before I'm opening a paypal claim with this turd.
It's not so much that I'd consider myself an impatient person (though one month of waiting is sufficient amount of time) but frankly, I just don't TRUST the guy and his operation.
Old 01-14-12, 06:39 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 213 Likes on 140 Posts

I got a shipping notice 01/12/12 for an order I placed on 01/08/11 (The Image, Intruder, Vampyros Lesbos [which has been OOP]) and was told by Twitter my other orders from 12/14/11 and 12/19/11 were prepared. I'll update on arrival.

There was some hint about a "Mondo" sale on Twitter.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.