Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Horror Movie Empire shenanigans (was: Blue Underground BDs $10 each)

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Horror Movie Empire shenanigans (was: Blue Underground BDs $10 each)

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-12, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts
re: Horror Movie Empire shenanigans (was: Blue Underground BDs $10 each)

True, but one person answering emails and another handling refunds would cover a lot of ground.
Old 01-27-12, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts

Yep. Also someone needs to slap him around a bit too.
Old 01-27-12, 05:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TomOpus
Yep. Also someone needs to slap him around a bit too.
I would love nothing more than to hold him upside down and shake his pockets until I got my $ back.

It's getting to the point where I'm considering pulling a Stan and Kenny from South Park move and go to his house and get my money back on principal alone despite the cost to get there like they did with Mel Gibson for The Passion
Old 01-27-12, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those not paying attention to the bluray post

Originally Posted by heavenztrash
So.... I managed to talk to the little ********** today in order to try to get some answers together or something to try to help people here in this thread out a little bit.

He again apologizes for how long it's taking and how bad communication is. He said he's getting well over 100 emails a day to each of the communication methods and on top of shipping stuff, he's getting slammed at every turn. I told him, just like I've said here, that his communication and organization is in dire need of some work.

I told him that I would post the following here, and he has promised me that he will check daily for this and address it:

IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO WAIT ANY LONGER AND WANT A REFUND (or if you have already requested one and haven't gotten an answer.)
- Send another email to [email protected] with the subject line "Refund Request" and be sure that you put the Order Number in the body of the email along with whatever other venom, suggestions that he's been fornicating with farm animals, and anything else you wish to say. He can find your information for the refund more quickly by Order Number than anything else.

If you already requested a refund via email, try sending it again using the above method. I totally agree that it shouldn't be this difficult to get a refund, I just tried to come up with a way to help him sort the refund requests better among all the emails he's getting.

I told him that the first time that I hear of him not answering an email within a day or two that is requesting a refund using this method, that I will at the very least verbally abuse him. (I only talk to him online, for crying out loud, it isn't like I can do much to him. My actual statement was that I would "cut him" but I can't exactly accomplish that. )

For those of us who are still willing to wait for our orders with varying degrees of patience, he estimates he is shipping out around 60 orders per day at the moment and that he's gotten out well over half of the orders, but that there are several hundred remaining. He's trying hard and he apologizes for how long its taking. He said that he appreciates everyone and that he's not scamming anyone. (Those of you who already doubt the guy aren't going to be moved by that, but he still said it, so I'm passing it on.)

I also told him that I would ask if you guys would find it helpful for him to post a single facebook post giving an update on where he's at with everything. He said that the last time he tried that, people just went nuts on him and that's why he's been quiet, but that if you guys thought it was helpful that he could totally do that. I don't know if it would calm down people who are worried, but I thought it might if he just let people know that he was still hammering away at the orders. *shrug*

I know I am writing this in a lighthearted manner, even though it's serious stuff. I think his communication sucks, he's mucked this up a lot along the way, but I think he's got good intentions and he's trying. Take that for what you will.

I just seem to have a better line of communication to the guy than a lot of people and I thought I would try to help out the rest of you in this thread a little. I fully expect to have my head bitten of by some of you for my attempt, but hopefully it will help some of you a little.

I'm sure this will start more people accusing me of being him or paid by him or something, but those people who want to say that can go screw themselves. I have the same name on twitter that I do here, do a search, and it shouldn't be too hard to figure out that I'm not him. (if that's not good enough, any moderator can feel free to contact me and I'll be happy to provide whatever reasonable personal info they want.)
Originally Posted by Kuroneko
I finally got a reply on a mail I send him the 19th of januari. He asked me to post this;

We are extremely sorry about the delay and not being able to answer everyone in a timely manner. We weren't expecting even 1/10th of the sales volume that we received as we never had that many orders at one time before. We didn't want to just limit the sale to what was on hand as many people had requested that we keep it up and that they'd be happy to wait for us to get things back in. While they didn't think it'd be a month (WE DIDN'T EITHER!) we understand the frustrations but we just ask everyone to hang in there with us. This is not how things normally are, but we also understand if anyone wishes for a refund or opens a paypal claim etc. We are definitly NOT a scam, we have no intentinos of keeping anyones $$ or items. We hope to have you all back as customers but again we understand if not. We are also answering over 100 e-mails a day like yours asking for order updates, etc. so even the 96 hours we thought it would take to get back to e-mails hasn't been able to stand. BUT contrary to what some believe we aren't thiefs, we aren't not sending items, what we are trying to do is get everyone in order of when they placed the orders and make sure everything gets sent. THANK YOU ALL!
-Demetrios
Old 01-27-12, 10:21 AM

Thanks for this. I wish I lived within driving distance of Chicago. I would go help the guy out.
Old 01-27-12, 10:56 AM

I just wanted to give my 2 cents here - I do not know this fellow and had never ordered from him before, but he's actually been pretty communicative with me about my order. I placed an order for 8 blu-rays from the sale. He shipped six of them, which included Cat o' Nine Tails. The discs arrived in multiple shipments - I thought "weird, but not a problem." They had clearly shipped or been fulfilled through Amazon. The Cat disc was missing, though I had received a tracking number for it.

Cut to a week later and the Cat disc just doesn't show up. I emailed the seller and get a response 72 hours later (much longer than I'd prefer, but I'll take a late response over no response). He confirms my email and sends me a tracking number for the replacement disc. I only hope my two pre-orders get fulfilled, but I can't complain too much about the service from what is clearly a one-man-operation. So far, he's fulfilled my orders and made contact when necessary. While it's frustrating to not get what you order right away, I think we should all take a breath and relax before making physical threats on the guy (statements which are actionable under state and Federal cyberbullying statutes).

Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-27-12, 11:06 AM

Enough is enough! By being patient, we are enabling this scam artist. Whether he is intentionally or unintentionally scamming us is irrelevant. This seller will not be able to fill our orders. Free shipping worldwide? Do the math. He will be in the 'red' and have to dig into his own pocket to fill orders. Already he is ordering BDs off Amazon to stave off legal action. Hundreds of buyers will be left totally ripped off unless they have some sort of buyer protection through PayPal or something similar. I just filed for refund through PayPal and would rather pay full price than enable or abet this business. No one should start a business and try to work out the kinks after they've accepted the consumers money. Even giving this guy the benefit of the doubt, there will not be a happy ending to this debacle for the seller and hundreds of buyers.
Old 01-27-12, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by SethDLH
I would love nothing more than to hold him upside down and shake his pockets until I got my $ back.

It's getting to the point where I'm considering pulling a Stan and Kenny from South Park move and go to his house and get my money back on principal alone despite the cost to get there like they did with Mel Gibson for The Passion

I'll say here what I said at blu-ray.com. I call BS on him saying he's trying to process in the order they were received. That has clearly not been the case. And he can't say it's because he doesn't want to ship partial orders because we've seen that's not the case, either. He had told me a couple days ago I would have an update on my order late that day. I'm still waiting. *sigh*
Old 01-27-12, 11:36 AM

He only seems to quickly fill orders for customers who threaten him. It's obvious, he's living and running his business off the cash flow from orders. He can't afford to quickly fill and ship orders. He's hoping to keep offering sales and keep the cash flowing. He will benefit from the 'patient' customers and the ones will shrug and walk away without even pursuing a refund.
Old 01-27-12, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts

If this guy had the business model to not charge until it ships, he would not be having so many headaches. Sure, they'd be people asking where their movie is but not people asking where their money is. People can be a lot more patient when money is taken out of the equation.

He should really rethink this policy.
Old 01-27-12, 12:26 PM

I'm thinking a major part of his problem is getting stock replenished to cover orders. But I think getting someone to help with emails and tweets would definitely help with people getting mad over non-communication.
I agree. From his e-mail reply to me it seems as though he is constantly waiting on stock to come in to ship out orders, and possibly waiting on items so that he can ship out orders in one package. He claimed to be waiting on Dead & Buried for my order, which should be in today.
Old 01-27-12, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If this guy had the business model to not charge until it ships, he would not be having so many headaches. Sure, they'd be people asking where their movie is but not people asking where their money is. People can be a lot more patient when money is taken out of the equation.

He should really rethink this policy.
I've been thinking the same thing. He wouldn't be dealing with this shit storm if people hadn't been charged. There wouldn't be a sense of urgency from the Paypal people as the their refund window approaches. With these prices, I don't think anyone would be in a hurry had we not been charged, but once money is taken, the clock starts ticking.
Old 01-27-12, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by skullsoldier
but I can't complain too much about the service from what is clearly a one-man-operation. So far, he's fulfilled my orders and made contact when necessary. While it's frustrating to not get what you order right away, I think we should all take a breath and relax before making physical threats on the guy (statements which are actionable under state and Federal cyberbullying statutes).

Just my 2 cents.
If the man doesn't want to be cyberbullied, he shouldn't spout off bs that isn't true, like things being shipped when they aren't or he's only a week behind on orders. Cyber-bully laws are also at a state level and not federal and I don't seem to recall too many people physically threatening the guy.

On the other hand, he's not following federal shipping rules set by the FTC
http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bu...rchandise-rule
Old 01-27-12, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by clckworang
He wouldn't be dealing with this shit storm if people hadn't been charged.
I don't know about that. There was plenty of freaking out in the DD Band of Brothers incident and they cancelled orders pretty quick without charging anyone.
Old 01-27-12, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know anything about how Paypal works, but assuming that enough people file claims and they suspend/disable his account, won't that effectively end his business? I can't imagine any of the people on here or on Blu-ray.com - who have been waiting five weeks and have had all of their emails ignored or responded to with lies about items already being shipped - ever ordering from him again, and those potential future customers who are unaware of the current fiasco would likely be scared off as a result of whatever action Paypal takes, correct?
Old 01-27-12, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

He still takes credit cards. If he gets enough hits on that, he'd lose that too, which would really be the end of it unless he can figure out something else.
Old 01-27-12, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
He still takes credit cards.
Although any potential first-time customer, whether they were planning on using a credit card or Paypal, would likely do at least a brief background check on his site, and, confronted with the overwhelmingly negative comments from scads of unhappy former customers, would probably be scared off. He's basically toast unless he can somehow turn this BU mess around, and in a hurry, which he seems incapable of doing.
Old 01-27-12, 04:26 PM
bse
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Its pretty simple to setup another paypal account when one has been banned, all he'd have to do it use a different bank account, or start a new one.

You guys see he has started a DVD/Blu-Ray releasing company? where do you think he got the startup funds? and where does he find the time to do that....
Old 01-27-12, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 91 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by bse
Its pretty simple to setup another paypal account when one has been banned, all he'd have to do it use a different bank account, or start a new one.

You guys see he has started a DVD/Blu-Ray releasing company? where do you think he got the startup funds? and where does he find the time to do that....
I have to admit I saw that and it kind of cracked me up. Not funny if you have money tied up with this joker probably but he can't even handle retail fulfillment and he's gonna add wholesale on top of that? Wow.
Old 01-27-12, 06:01 PM
Cool New Member

So I actually decided to fuck it and email Blue Underground themselves (seeing as how there was a notice originally on their fb too) and fill them in on the whole ordeal and this is the response I got:

Hello,

Thank you for your email. We're sorry to hear about your issues with Horrormovieempire. Unfortunately someone posted info about a Blue Underground sale there on our Facebook page over the Christmas holiday while our office was closed. As soon as we learned about this, the post was removed from our page. Blue Underground is not affiliated with, nor has any knowledge about, this website. We were not involved with, nor authorized, their sale. Our distributor does not sell our product to them, so we are unable to determine where they buy it from. According to Horrormovieempire's Facebook page, numerous customers have complained about them and their customer service. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about this site, but we suggest you contact your credit card company or Paypal (or whoever you used to pay) to let them know the issue and cancel your charges. You may also wish to report your problems on Horrormovieempire's Facebook page. Maybe they will responde to you there.

Best regards,

The Blue Underground Team
Old 01-27-12, 06:25 PM
bse
DVD Talk Special Edition

Blue Underground themselves posted a link to the sale on their Twitter page.

So he doesn't get the items from E1 Distribution, what a fucking idiot...so he is probably paying more getting them from either a 1 stop or another site. God this guy gets dumber and dumber as the days go on.
Old 01-27-12, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by bse
Blue Underground themselves posted a link to the sale on their Twitter page.
http://twitter.com/blunderground

Where? It looks like their Twitter hasn't been updated since October 2011.
Old 01-27-12, 06:45 PM
bse
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by asianxcore
http://twitter.com/blunderground

Where? It looks like their Twitter hasn't been updated since October 2011.
they simply deleted the tweet, I didn't order until I saw them post that, then I thought it was legit...guess not.
Old 01-27-12, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
He still takes credit cards. If he gets enough hits on that, he'd lose that too, which would really be the end of it unless he can figure out something else.
I've never had this problem before. Can we just call our CC company without attempting to contact him first? At bluray.com someone said he cancelled orders but won't refund anyone.
Old 01-27-12, 06:48 PM
bse
DVD Talk Special Edition

here you go, its saved here. pretty shitty on their part to play it off, nothing is ever simply deleted on the internet.

http://de.favstar.fm/users/blunderground

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.