Reload this Page >

Farscape: The Complete Series - $75.59 at B&N B&M

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Old 11-23-11, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Okay, here is the breakdown. The series is $199.99 plus there is a 40% off sticker on the package in-store, plus the 10% off member discount, plus the 30% off in-store coupon.

$199.99 (List Price)
$119.99 (after 40% off sticker)
$107.99 (after 10% member discount)
$75.59 (after 30% off coupon)

You can find the 30% off coupon here http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargain...-part-2-a.html
Old 11-23-11, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Farscape: The Complete Series - $75.59 at B&N B&M

Originally Posted by Overpar
Okay, here is the breakdown. The series is $199.99 plus there is a 40% off sticker on the package in-store, plus the 10% off member discount, plus the 30% off in-store coupon.

$199.99 (List Price)
$119.99 (after 40% off sticker)
$107.99 (after 10% member discount)
$75.59 (after 30% off coupon)

You can find the 30% off coupon here http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargain...-part-2-a.html
If you are a member you can save another $5 by using the $5 off a $50 purchase member coupon.
Old 11-23-11, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

The coupon says it is not valid in store until Friday. I guess they accepted it early.
Old 11-25-11, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Got it on Friday. OP thanks for the heads up.
Old 11-27-11, 10:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Overpar, thank you so much for this tip!

I picked this up last night for the same great deal (minus the B&N 10% member discount) and couldn't be happier with it. I wanted to buy this when it came out last month but the steep price tag was a major deterrent, especially since I'd already picked up all of the Starburst editions, then again last year as the DVD complete series.

That said, does anybody know if the extras from the previous editions are all carried over to Blu-ray? I'd love to be able to unload at least 1 of the 2 previous DVD editions, now that I have the Blu-ray version. I seem to recall a review of the DVD complete series indicating that most (but not all) of the extras from the Starburst editions were carried over, necessitating that one keep both to have everything. Plus there were new extras on the complete series box, and since I got the Best Buy version, it came with a bonus disc (but I forget what was on it).

Anyway, does anybody know the deal with the extras on this new version as compared to the previous ones? And thanks again for the awesome tip!
Old 11-28-11, 03:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ajay C
I got the Best Buy version, it came with a bonus disc (but I forget what was on it).
That was The Peacekeeper Wars, which wasn't included with the regular Box Sets. I don't know the answers to any of your other questions though.
Old 11-28-11, 06:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe this has all the extras of the last version and one additional extra. There were a few things not carried over from the starburst sets though.

From a DVD review:
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/review...eet112309.html
But ALL of the image and production design gallery videos are gone, nearly all of the Video Profile clips are gone, the make-up test, TV Critics Association and storyboard videos are all gone, and ALL of the text-based features have been dropped, including actor/character bios and backstories, the Cool Farscape Facts, The Farscape Chronicles and Alien Encounters features and more.
Old 11-28-11, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is also 74.99 right now at target.com, which can work out better for some people (works out to under $70 for me with a discount through my employer and redcard)