DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Jurassic Park BD for $25 at B&N (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/596695-jurassic-park-bd-%2425-b-n.html)

turetzeddie 11-23-11 06:04 AM

Jurassic Park BD for $25 at B&N

with coupon code "E7U4N9X"

Also

Firefly BD for $12.59 with coupon code " E7U4N9X"

Just letting you guys know.

BambooLounge 11-23-11 07:19 AM

Re: Jurassic Park BD for $25 at B&N

Like an idiot I just ordered two copies. I placed one order and noticed my billing address was wrong (an old one), so I quickly canceled the order and placed another with the correct billing address. Only, to find out that both orders were unable to be canceled. :gah: So...Sealed Jurassic Park Trilogy BD for trade (check my wishlist in sig)...or I'm going to be getting a BN gift card.

Kedrix 11-23-11 07:53 AM

$25.19 with coupon, Great price, especially since it falls just within the shipping cap. So bloody tempted since my wife does love the movies (I don't mind them, but far from a fan). *ponder*

Edit: Yep, I went through with it. Nice and easy Xmas gift. One note for the folks out there. Mine isn't going to ship until 12-15 which should still put it at Xmas but worth mentioning if some of you are looking for instant gratification.

nmr1723 11-23-11 08:28 AM

Go to checkout and insert the code E7U4N9X. You will see it drop to $25.19...

Thanks, turetzeddie. I didn't bite since I only like the first film...but this is a fantastic deal.

Manzana 11-23-11 09:08 AM

Is this coupon code 30% off the entire order or just 1 item?
And is the coupon 1 per order or 1 per account (email address)?

EDIT: In for 1 cancellation (as B&N is known to cancel backordered items haphazardly). AFAIK, 1 positive is that online orders can be returned in store... I forget if it's 30 days or only 7 or 14 days from when you receive it. Anyone remember?

Considering I already have to return some other stuff to Amazon (as they've been undercut significantly a couple times), the discount will about pay for my return shipping.

Can't believe how stupid I was to buy Firefly on BD from Amazon a year or two ago for $25. I never opened it and now it's half price. It again reinforces my rule to not cave on $10 per BD movie or $15 per BD season. Too bad I make exceptions to my rules sometimes and usually regret it.

darkdaze73 11-23-11 09:10 AM

1 item

not sure about your second question

tofferman 11-23-11 09:15 AM

Ordered it late last night, applying the 30% off coupon, then a $25 gift card. My balance was only .19 cents and I selected Paypal as I usually do. The order ended up getting stuck, as paypal rejected it (funny, I have a credit balance of over $100 with them.) I then called barnes and nobles customer service to pay the .19 cents with my credit card, but the bn rep then denies me the coupon, explains what a great deal I'm getting, yada, yada, yada, so I cancelled the order.

Unbelievable. It shouldn't be that difficult.

Manzana 11-23-11 09:18 AM

It is pretty ridiculous they would deny the coupon because even with the coupon + tax at B&N the difference between their price and Amazon's is not quite $4, so it's not that great of a deal. Obviously the "customer service" people at various places don't check the Internet for deals talk.

Having past not-so-good experiences with B&N.com, anything I order from them I assume could be cancelled at any moment or take weeks to arrive. They are better than DeepDiscount, but not by much, IMHO. The main positive is being able to return to a local store if I change my mind... I just need to find out again how many days we have. IIRC, it's not very long.

DirkBelig 11-23-11 10:48 AM

Picked up Three Dino Movies Three for $26.70 w/tax. I won't open it in case A'zon or someone undercuts them. This happened last year with BTTF, but it turned into a windfall for me because the shipping slip didn't have the price on it so when I took it back to the B&M store, they looked up the list price and refunded me that. Well, OK!

flix1 11-23-11 10:51 AM

I'm in.

jmsmath 11-23-11 10:52 AM

Is it normal for the order status to show the price before the coupon? My order status shows amount to be billed to credit card as $38.15 with no mention of the coupon. I half way remember this being the case at B&N, but it's been so long since I ordered from them, I can't remember for sure.

sleepyhead55 11-23-11 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Manzana (Post 11016020)

EDIT: In for 1 cancellation (as B&N is known to cancel backordered items haphazardly). AFAIK, 1 positive is that online orders can be returned in store... I forget if it's 30 days or only 7 or 14 days from when you receive it. Anyone remember?

It's 14 days after you receive the item.

bluetoast 11-23-11 11:40 AM

Ordered the JP trilogy and it is already scheduled to ship! I like what I see.

kahuna 11-23-11 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by bluetoast (Post 11016265)

Same here, final price after tax $26.32.

Decker 11-23-11 12:33 PM

When I placed the order, the $10 coupon came off. When I went to view receipt, it showed the original price. What's up with that?

Kedrix 11-23-11 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 11016352)
When I placed the order, the $10 coupon came off. When I went to view receipt, it showed the original price. What's up with that?

Hrmmm, I did with Paypal and the order says the right amount will be billed. ($27.27 or $25.19 plus 8 1/4% tax). Also when I go back to the B&N website it shows the order with the original amount with the discount off. Honestly, if it doesn't correct itself on the site after I would call them.

Originally Posted by bluetoast (Post 11016265)

Yeah but :)....open the email, it will probably say scheduled to ship 12-15. So, I like the ship email too but it is a little bit of false hope.

Decker 11-23-11 02:45 PM

I just cancelled and re-ordered. Second time it worked. Just a word of caution to others to check the receipt -- I have no idea how the coupon disappeared that first time, but it sure did.

DWilson 11-23-11 03:35 PM

What the heck am I doing wrong? I keep trying to apply the 30% code (E7U4N9X) in the coupon code box (under the membership number box at Checkout) and absolutely nothing happens. I'm not a member.

jmsmath 11-23-11 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 11016510)
I just cancelled and re-ordered. Second time it worked. Just a word of caution to others to check the receipt -- I have no idea how the coupon disappeared that first time, but it sure did.

I did the same thing and mine now shows up correctly.

Be sure to check your order after you place it because this is at least twice it has dropped the coupon.

dan30oly 11-23-11 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by dan30oly (Post 11016198)
firefly would be $16.93 with tax and shipping.

Never ordered with BN before, but I'm thinking I can hold off.

Might regret it down the line as this would be the cheapest price yet, but I've loads of movies I haven't watched yet anyway....going to try and wait it out.

Didn't take long for me to cave in and pull the trigger.

jacob_b 11-23-11 04:24 PM

Bought JPT. Hopefully it was the best price out there.

DVDude! 11-24-11 03:15 AM

Crap. Both Jurassic Park and Firefly are out of stock online now...

DJariya 11-24-11 02:01 PM

Went ahead and ordered this. Currently out of stock and will be available in 1-2 weeks. In no hurry though. Paid $27.14 including sales tax and free shipping. A couple bucks cheaper than Amazon.

N8 Storm 11-24-11 02:22 PM

How good is B&N.com with returns if you have issues with an order?

DirkBelig 11-24-11 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by N8 Storm (Post 11017675)
How good is B&N.com with returns if you have issues with an order?

You can return it to any B&M store.