Reload this Page >

Amazon Blu Ray Black Friday Deals - Today

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Amazon Blu Ray Black Friday Deals - Today

Old 11-21-11, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Amazon Blu Ray Black Friday Deals - Today

Independence Day sold out faster than Pulp Fiction. Funny.
Old 11-21-11, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I almost forgot to hit the Pulp Fiction deal because I was on the road. Fortunately, my g/f mentioned it and I was able to use my Amazon app to hit it.
Old 11-21-11, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I missed pulp fiction thinking 4:30 pm pst was 8:30 pm est instead of 7:30pm est. oh well.
Old 11-21-11, 07:28 PM

Anyone have any positive experiences with the wait list for the deals today?
Old 11-21-11, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was waited for "The Crow" with a "good" chance or purchasing and I was able to purchase. Same with the Muppets this morning. Got my sh*t together for "Pulp" and "ID4" and got in without the wait.
Old 11-21-11, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,005 Likes on 612 Posts

Nabbed Pulp Fiction and Spartacus: GOTA. I also threw in Evil Dead 2 for $9.49 since it was in my Gold Box.

What makes the deal even sweeter, I ordered all of them separately, got the slowest shipping, and got a $1 MP3 download for each one. I didn't mean to do it that way but it just kinda happened and worked in my favor.

Last edited by Spiderbite; 11-21-11 at 07:59 PM.
Old 11-21-11, 07:51 PM

Got Pulp Fiction blu-ray at 4:32p... I would've got Independence day Blu-ray also but I heard it isn't good.
Old 11-21-11, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 348 Likes on 267 Posts

I picked up 24 Season 8 blu ray! hell yea! Can't believe the BD price!

also got some DVDs, like How I Met Your Mother S6 for a nice price.

Amazon is the best!
Old 11-21-11, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm curious if Amazon will have different deals each day, or if these are kinda the deals of the week... Not counting the lightning deals, of course...
Old 11-21-11, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Peep
I was waited for "The Crow" with a "good" chance or purchasing and I was able to purchase. Same with the Muppets this morning. Got my sh*t together for "Pulp" and "ID4" and got in without the wait.
I had to go to the doctor this morning and didn't get back until the Muppets deal had been wait listed (about 1 1/2 hour after the deal started). I joined the wait list and actually got it! but sadly I did opt out of buying it after looking at the tin. I thought the tin was a "box" for the set, but it looks like it's just an accessory. Trying to make sure every purchase I make is something I really want and since the seasons (to my way of calculating) were about 15 bucks a piece, I will wait.

But I was at the computer for ID4, Pulp and The Crow. No problem and now I have 3 dollars credit for MP3 (I'd rather have 3 dollars credit on an order).

I also opened another browser and wait listed another copy of the Crow. I was 129 in line and I got it (but I didn't actually check out with it). I'm not sure what they are doing at Amazon. Perhaps waiting until they figure out how many they sold before they commit to everyone. I can't believe 129 people decided to not buy this after going through the hassle of clicking on the LD.
Old 11-21-11, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I'm curious if Amazon will have different deals each day, or if these are kinda the deals of the week... Not counting the lightning deals, of course...
^This.

X-Men: First Class
Good Will Hunting
Paranormal Activity 2
Bridesmaids
Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Billy Madison
Sin City
Modern Family S2

Total: $128.42

Kinda want/don't want anymore deals on BD's. Only Monday and already over $100 spent. Not looking good, lols.
Old 11-21-11, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 218 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
I...wait listed another copy of the Crow. I was 129 in line and I got it (but I didn't actually check out with it). I'm not sure what they are doing at Amazon. Perhaps waiting until they figure out how many they sold before they commit to everyone. I can't believe 129 people decided to not buy this after going through the hassle of clicking on the LD.
I'm wait-listed for Pulp Fiction, and I'm not sure exactly how it works. How will I know if one becomes available to me? (There was a message that said my chances were good to get the disc, even though I was also number "500+" in line.)
Old 11-21-11, 09:46 PM

I must be the only person who didn't buy Pulp Fiction. I could've gotten it but decided not to. I'm holding back my purchases since I don't have Prime and I already used up the majority of my filler items for other orders to hit $25 today, so if small ticket items show up I'm going to be hard pressed to find other stuff to justify the order.

Fortunately thanks to ordering a lot of stuff from BB.com (which hopefully will not get canceled) there's nothing I need until Wednesday (just 300 BD) and then nothing until Friday. Things like Mad Men S4 BD and Fast Five BD have already been taken care of. Of course who knows what unannounced sales will come up. Amazon always has a BF calendar for DVD/BD, but is there one for video games? It helps lessen my purchasing needs being one of the most ignorant people alive when it comes to TV series, so it's easy for me to pass on most of these since I've never seen a moment of any of them.

Question that I still haven't seen answered: how do you find your place in the waitlist? I haven't been in a waitlist for a long time but I never remember seeing it.
Old 11-21-11, 10:18 PM

Crap. I completely missed out on Pulp Fiction. What time did that lightning deal start?!? I stupidly thought it was 9:30pm EST. I was at a screening from 7:30-9:30, so I whipped out my phone & opened my Amazon app while the credits were still rolling & saw that it was 100% claimed already! D'oh. And if it was in fact 7:30, the movie started 20 minutes late so I probably COULD have snatched one! But somebody please tell me that it was nearly impossible to get & that it sold out almost immediately....please!! Someone just tell me that!!

(These Amazon lightning deals have turned me CRAZY!!)

I wish Amazon had some sort of lightning deal text alert. (Please, don't tell me they have that...)

Next, someone please do tell me about that Target 2-day sale... Seriously, tell me! I want another shot at that $4 Pulp Fiction Blu!!
Old 11-21-11, 10:38 PM

Oh, I saw Target's 2-Day Sale preview-- the one featuring the $3.99 Pulp Fiction Blu. But I mean, is that in-store only? Or is it available on-line too?

And is it starting Friday (Thu nite) at midnight? Is it a "door buster" deal only? B/c I dont "bust doors," out of principle. I am much too dignified. I'd rather sit at home in my underwear & buy it on-line.

Last edited by mattyp4; 11-21-11 at 11:25 PM.
Old 11-21-11, 11:07 PM

I waited 3 hours for the stupid Waitlist window to "pop-up" on my browser - it never happened. I HATE THIS BLACK FRIDAY SH1T!!!
Old 11-22-11, 03:25 AM

The Pulp Fiction deal lasted about 12 minutes... I watched it 'till near 4:42 PST.. I got mine at 4:32... it was already 45% claimed.

I think Target selling it for $3.99, Best Buy is selling it for $4.99 and K-Mart for $5.99 on Black Friday. This is all in store.
Old 11-22-11, 03:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

Not a big fan of PF. Would have preferred Jackie Brown for that price instead. But it's easily worth the $4 to give it another shot.

Just grabbed African Queen @ B&N.com for $5. Hoping Mimic will be around that price too tomorrow.
Last year it seemed like $7.99 was the killer price for catalog Bds. This year it's been $4.99 and under.
Remarkable.
Old 11-22-11, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by turetzeddie
The Pulp Fiction deal lasted about 12 minutes... I watched it 'till near 4:42 PST.. I got mine at 4:32... it was already 45% claimed.

I think Target selling it for $3.99, Best Buy is selling it for $4.99 and K-Mart for $5.99 on Black Friday. This is all in store.
I was in Kmart yesterday and Pulp Fiction was $5.99 already.
Old 11-22-11, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Paul_SD
Not a big fan of PF. Would have preferred Jackie Brown for that price instead. But it's easily worth the $4 to give it another shot.

Just grabbed African Queen @ B&N.com for $5. Hoping Mimic will be around that price too tomorrow.
Last year it seemed like $7.99 was the killer price for catalog Bds. This year it's been $4.99 and under.
Remarkable.
Thanks for posting about The African Queen. What a great price. I've had my eye on that movie forever.
Old 11-22-11, 08:30 AM

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

Ended up with The Crow and Pulp Fiction. Going to try for Office Space today and Princess Bride tomorrow. That should do it for me for Blu-rays.
Old 11-22-11, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Jurassic park showed up in my GB for 28.49. I bit, may have my dad buy it for me for Christmas.
Old 11-22-11, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Xander
and Princess Bride tomorrow. That should do it for me for Blu-rays.

How do you know what's coming out tomorrow? I'd love to be able to plan in advance. Thanks.
Old 11-22-11, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by saoirse
How do you know what's coming out tomorrow? I'd love to be able to plan in advance. Thanks.
Here is the calendar:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...d_i=2921749011

The prices show up the day before.
Old 11-22-11, 10:41 AM

Perfect. Thanks a lot.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.