Pride and Prejudice ( Colin Firth) $16.99
Bones Season 6 $21.49
Bones Season 5 $20.99
Bones Season 4 $19.99
Star Trek: Original Motion Picture Collection Blu-ray $39.99
Spartacus: Blood and Sand, The Complete First Season $18.99
Rocky: The Undisputed Collection $22.49
Rio $11.99
Super 8 $19.99 less $5 coupon = $14.99 (Coupon code = WOODWARD)
X-Men: First Class $9.99
Bridesmaids $9.99
Despicable Me $10.99
Many many more

I am guessing deals will be added and subtracted as the week goes on.

Last edited by Classic Films; 11-21-11 at 12:41 PM.
Old 11-21-11, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: Amazon Blu Ray Black Friday Deals - Today

Nice, Super 8 dropped to 19.99, minus five dollar coupon, 14.99. Not bad for a release day BD.
Old 11-21-11, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Nice. After double-dipping on DVD and buying on HD-DVD, I think I'm ready to take the plunge for Bourne at that price on Blu.
Old 11-21-11, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by mh4268
Nice, Super 8 dropped to 19.99, minus five dollar coupon, 14.99. Not bad for a release day BD.
For those like me. who didn't know until a minute ago, the coupon code is
WOODWARD
Old 11-21-11, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got Super 8, Modern Family S2, and Sanctuary S3, as well as the Complete Monk ($65). Was already "shipping soon" within 5 minutes. Man, they're fast! Was trying to add a last minute gift card. Oh well.
Old 11-21-11, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Got Super 8, Modern Family S2, and Sanctuary S3, as well as the Complete Monk ($65). Was already "shipping soon" within 5 minutes. Man, they're fast! Was trying to add a last minute gift card. Oh well.
I've learned to expect that from them on any item that is in stock. I pretty much figure I have at most 2 minutes from the time I hit the Submit button until it's too late to change or cancel it. Supposedly you can call and cancel within an hour or two, but it's risky.

Anyway, it seems the Super 8 coupon is still alive, so I just hope it can make it through today. Today there are 3 separate lightning deals I'm interested in, and I have plenty of filler material (Super 8, Jurassic Trilogy, and a few other cheapies) to hit $25. Of course I'm worried that Jurassic won't last a few more hours for the first Lightning deal. X-Men First Class bit the dust early.

I still can't decide on Pulp Fiction for $3.99 later. I know people LOVE the movie, but I had serious problems with it. There were some scenes and parts I really liked, but others I can't stand, plus I could never watch this movie with my family thanks to Samuel "MF" Jackson. While Quentin can come up with some interesting stories and direct OK, I wish I could just teach him 1 thing: that using the F word in almost every sentence of his movie does not make him a cool person nor does it make it a good movie. In fact, it takes what I could've liked and ruins it for me. Not to mention was Amanda Plummer the ugly from the final scene. Oh how I wanted Samuel to shoot her.
Old 11-21-11, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That Rocky set is pretty tempting at that price, especially since I don't have a Fry's near me, so I was never able to hop on the $20 price that they have offered in the past.
Old 11-21-11, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Manzana
X-Men First Class bit the dust early.
I had no idea what you were talking about, but just searched, and sure enough it is $9.99. Somehow my eyes missed it when I perused that list earlier. Just ordered it. If it went out of stock, it is back in stock now.

Last edited by kenbenobi; 11-21-11 at 10:26 AM.
Old 11-21-11, 10:28 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by MrSmearkase
That Rocky set is pretty tempting at that price, especially since I don't have a Fry's near me, so I was never able to hop on the $20 price that they have offered in the past.
done.
Old 11-21-11, 10:34 AM

I had no idea what you were talking about, but just searched, and sure enough it is $9.99. Somehow my eyes missed it when I perused that list earlier. Just ordered it. If it went out of stock, it is back in stock now.
I meant it went out of stock before I could get it. Yes, for some reason X-Men First Class keeps bouncing in and out of stock at Amazon. Normally they either have it and then they are out, but I guess not here.

Is anyone going to bother with those HD Moods things? I'd love the Muppet Show but this is only seasons 1-3 and I'm afraid if 4 and 5 are ever released they'll only be part of a complete set (besides Amazon has had it for this price before). So just Cider House Rules BD right now.
Old 11-21-11, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Manzana
I'd love the Muppet Show but this is only seasons 1-3 and I'm afraid if 4 and 5 are ever released they'll only be part of a complete set (besides Amazon has had it for this price before). So just Cider House Rules BD right now.
Don't hold your breath for S4 or S5. I certainly hope so, but I'm losing faith. There are apparently too many rights issues. Perhaps the new Muppet movie will do so well, that Disney will put forth the effort to do it. I am also hoping the Muppet movies will be released on BD, perhaps when then new Muppet movie is released on BD. My fingers are crossesd. I already own every Muppet DVD release in existence thus far, including the awesome the Ed Sullivan Muppets Magic.
Old 11-21-11, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Pulp Fiction will be @ $3.99, matching Target's upcoming Black Friday price.

Starts at 4:30pm (PST). I hope I can snag one
Old 11-21-11, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Dollhouse S2 dropped to my sub-$20 point, but last year I bought S1 and then they added it on Cyber Monday for even less and now I've got two copies. Grrrr. Decisions.
Old 11-21-11, 12:19 PM

Okay, so I'm a bit brain-dead this morning. So, is today Cyber Monday? Will Amazon be doing deals just this week, or into next week too? Thanks a lot.
Old 11-21-11, 12:19 PM

It looks like I'm taking my laptop to class with me to snag the Pulp Fiction deal.
Old 11-21-11, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts

Don't hold your breath for S4 or S5. I certainly hope so, but I'm losing faith. There are apparently too many rights issues. Perhaps the new Muppet movie will do so well, that Disney will put forth the effort to do it. I am also hoping the Muppet movies will be released on BD, perhaps when then new Muppet movie is released on BD. My fingers are crossesd. I already own every Muppet DVD release in existence thus far, including the awesome the Ed Sullivan Muppets Magic.
Yeah, it's been 3.5 years since season 3, a period in which packaged media has gone down the tubes. I can't see this franchise ever going to someone like Mill Creek so MOD is probably the most likely option. If I were betting, I'd probably say there's a better chance of 1-3 going OOP than 4-5 coming out. I'm not trying to influence anyone's purchasing or not purchasing--that's just my feeling.

At least they released a couple movies in Blu...
Old 11-21-11, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts

Originally Posted by saoirse
Okay, so I'm a bit brain-dead this morning. So, is today Cyber Monday? Will Amazon be doing deals just this week, or into next week too? Thanks a lot.
Cyber Monday is the Monday after Thanksgiving. Many of the low prices will linger through next week, but things will start going back to normal.
Old 11-21-11, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by saoirse
Originally Posted by clckworang
Cyber Monday is the Monday after Thanksgiving. Many of the low prices will linger through next week, but things will start going back to normal.
This is "Black Friday Week" As clckworang said, there will be deals next Monday and beyond, but the big period is starting today, with the peak probably Thursday and Friday.
Old 11-21-11, 12:36 PM

Thanks guys. I'm glad I popped on here today, as I was thinking I'd be doing most of my Christmas shopping next week. Now I'll be doing most of it this week. Sweet.
Old 11-21-11, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Dollhouse S2 dropped to my sub-$20 point, but last year I bought S1 and then they added it on Cyber Monday for even less and now I've got two copies. Grrrr. Decisions.
Damn, thanks for the reminder. I even had to check to make sure I hadn't picked this up already. Now to figure out just when to pull the trigger...
Old 11-21-11, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Cyber Monday got it's name because it referred to people returning to work after the Thanksgiving weekend and starting their online shopping after battling it out in the stores. It's a holdover from when people had better Internet connections at work than home; now it's the other way around. Also, with Amazon and others undercutting each other's prices even before BF, it's getting so you don't even need to go out in the cold and fight the crowds to spend and save a ton of money.
Old 11-21-11, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Cyber Monday got it's name because
news stories started making it up one year and the stores started following suit.
Old 11-21-11, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by davidh777
At least they released a couple movies in Blu...
Well, Sony released the two titles they have the rights to. But I dunno if Disney plans to release their titles on blu...
Old 11-21-11, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just got Archer Season 1 and The Crow!

(I really wish I had not traded in a DVD and paid $9.99 for Pulp Fiction back on October 9th at Best Buy. Paying $3.99 and no tax from Amazon today would be a much better deal.)
Old 11-21-11, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

First order in:

* Spartacus: Blood & Sand S1
* Jackie Brown
* X-Men: First Class
* Dollhouse S2
* Burn Notice S3
* The Crow

Total: $71.44

This is going to be an expensive week, I can tell.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.