Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Green Lantern, Horrible Bosses, and POTC On Stranger Tides. 9.99 at blockbuster.com

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Green Lantern, Horrible Bosses, and POTC On Stranger Tides. 9.99 at blockbuster.com

Old 11-07-11, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 126 Likes on 103 Posts
Re: Green Lantern, Horrible Bosses, and POTC On Stranger Tides. 9.99 at blockbuster.c

Originally Posted by glassdragon
Yes, we all did, see post #10 :P
Whoops... LoL
Old 11-07-11, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Green Lantern, Horrible Bosses, and POTC On Stranger Tides. 9.99 at blockbuster.c

Originally Posted by glassdragon
Yes, we all did, see post #10 :P

Now, what their definition of rare is, is anyones guess. Bottom line is that if you want to take a chance which I was willing to do for 2 movies I wanted less than a month after release then go for it. 20 bucks really is nothing to take a chance with. Otherwise, don't do it, it's up to you.
I called the online store help yesterday and was told that both Horrible Bosses and Green Lantern would include only the single blu ray disc. Not sure he was completely competent. He had to go ask someone else.
Old 11-07-11, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Someone just posted on bluray forum that they got their Horrible Bosses single disc only in the mail today.

"Received my Horrible Bosses today and it was just the blu ray disc. It came in the original case but it wasn't the "totally inappropriate edition." It was the standard release version cover and the disc was the "theatrical edition with special features." The disc and case looked to be brand new just without the wrapping."
Old 11-07-11, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, i saw that.

It does have the special features and the one i rented from bbv was not a rental. so it's equivalent to the 1 disc retail. i hear the theatrical is better anyways. I have bought plenty of 1 disc versions for 12 even as long as they have special features on them as I don't care about the dvd or digital copy so still a good deal to me as long as it has the case and artwork which it appears to have.
Old 11-09-11, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Got mine today. HB came in the blu-ray case with the theatrical and the actual theatrical cover art, not the totally inappropriate edition cover art. Green lantern came in a bbv rental case but it had original art and was indeed the extended cut. I can deal with both of these, but I'm still not going to buy from there again.
Old 11-11-11, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

FYI, Best Buy is previewing some of their doorbuster deals for Black Friday and Green Lantern (along with X Men First Class) will be $9.99 each
Old 11-11-11, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Blockbuster also added the new Harry Potter movie that came out today for $9.99 (Best Buy will also be selling it for this price on Black Friday)

Last edited by mattysemo247; 11-11-11 at 01:12 PM.
Old 11-11-11, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just ordered the Horrible Bosses BD. Even though I was in the Blu-ray section of "View All Versions" it lists it as a Previously Viewed DVD. I went ahead with the order, but I hope I get the Blu and not the DVD.
Old 11-15-11, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Everyone got something different , lol.
Mine came today, and I received:
(Both in black dvd-size bbuster rental cases)
Green Lantern: 1 Disc, extended cut with the 'movie only' cover art (just Green Lantern)
Horrible Bosses: 1 Disc Theatrical cut with deleted scenes with 'totally inappropriate edition' cover art.
So both of mine were a CF. Is it even worth contacting blockbuster or should I just print out the appropriate covers for both?