Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Buy 5 Disney Blu-rays + Earn 1000 points & Buy a Panasonic Blu-ray Player for $80 S/H

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Buy 5 Disney Blu-rays + Earn 1000 points & Buy a Panasonic Blu-ray Player for $80 S/H

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-11, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Disney Movie Rewards Membership Required. Offer expires 1/31/12. Limited quantities. While supplies last. Offer available to the residents of the 50 United States (and D.C.), Puerto Rico and Canada. Void in Quebec and where prohibited by law.

*To earn between 625 - 850 points, enter your magic codes from the 5 Eligible Disney Blu-ray or Blu-ray 3D™ Combo Packs (The Lion King Diamond Edition, Disneynature African Cats, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stanger Tides, Winnie The Pooh, Cars 2) between 10/4/11 - 1/31/12. 375 Bonus Points will be made available to you once all five Promotional Blu-ray Combo Pack Magic Codes have been entered and a Blu-ray player is purchased. Please look inside your Blu-ray shipment for the bonus points code.

**Plus Shipping And Processing

http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com...offers/blu2011
Old 11-03-11, 01:37 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts
Re: Buy 5 Disney Blu-rays + Earn 1000 points & Buy a Panasonic Blu-ray Player for $80

Hmm....picked up the Sony from the last promo. May try and get this to go into my other room. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 11-03-11, 01:39 PM

Re: Buy 5 Disney Blu-rays + Earn 1000 points & Buy a Panasonic Blu-ray Player for $80

Assuming S/H is $15 (as it was for last year's 3D BD player), this is not much of a deal as you can have it for the same price at Costco (without the need to buy any of those movies).
Old 11-03-11, 02:29 PM

I have four of those five combo packs, but have ABSOLUTELY no interest in the African Cats combo pack.

If I want this deal (it might be nice to have a backup for my DMR Sony Blu-ray player) I guess I'll start looking for an African Cats DMR code on eBay.

I guess I'll check out the specs on this player to see if it's even anywhere close to worth the price... probably isn't.

EDIT:
It doesn't have an optical output... DEALBREAKER!
Old 11-03-11, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,190 Likes on 4,217 Posts

At least they don't penalize you for having already bought some of the movies like they did last year, but yeah, forcing you to buy African Cats on Blu Ray is absurd.
Old 11-03-11, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I actually have all 5 of these and I don't think I'll bother with this. While optical is not a deal breaker for me, this is not a 3D BD player (to be honest I don't know the difference between a normal one and a 3D one except I assume there is some sort of synchronization hardware for the 3D glasses or maybe that's on the TV). The other problem is I already have enough BD players (1 for each TV since PS3s count) so I'd just end up with 1 more BD player than I need at $80 + $15 which is a pretty normal price for run of the mill BD players.

Too bad DMR doesn't offer any gift cards (I heard they used to) or some new movies (instead of just a few select old BDs and mostly fool screen DVDs) for me to use my points on. Some day they say the program will end and I'll have thousands of points I'll have to struggle to use. Too bad I can't ever use the points on BDs from the entire Disney catalog.
Old 11-03-11, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 450 Likes on 308 Posts

OK, this looks like a terrible deal, especially compared to last year's Sony player.

This player doesn't even have 3D. Why makes us buy 3 Blu-ray 3D titles then?
Old 11-03-11, 08:07 PM

Yeah, I didn't even realize that this Blu-ray player doesn't play 3D discs... that's another definite dealbreaker due to the fact that I have a 3D TV.

It's actually the primary reason I have three of those five movies... I would've purchased the Lion King anyway, but POTC 4 and Cars 2 are pretty 'meh' tbh.
Old 11-04-11, 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by Manzana
Too bad DMR doesn't offer any gift cards (I heard they used to) or some new movies (instead of just a few select old BDs and mostly fool screen DVDs) for me to use my points on. Some day they say the program will end and I'll have thousands of points I'll have to struggle to use. Too bad I can't ever use the points on BDs from the entire Disney catalog.
They have a $7 movie cash for 300 points or $10 movie cash for 425 points. I purchased a $20 gift card for 750 points just a few weeks ago, but I can't seem to find it, now. I had built up almost 4000 points, and didn't spend any until those showed up. I spent 1475 points just in the last couple of months, but that still leaves me with 2500 Just don't give up hope for some good rewards. You can get the tickets, now (if you haven't already redeemed them, as you can only do it once per ticket), and maybe they'll offer the gift card, again.
Old 11-04-11, 07:11 AM

The main reason I bought the Sony last year from Disney was that the unit was able to play SACD through my HDMI cable, giving me an incredible improvement over my RCA-input SACD player with my Elite SC-07.
This deal does not seem as good (plus last year I was able to use some of my existing Disney movie codes since I had not opened those Blu-rays before their Sony promotion started).
Old 11-04-11, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by obidawsn
They have a $7 movie cash for 300 points or $10 movie cash for 425 points. I purchased a $20 gift card for 750 points just a few weeks ago, but I can't seem to find it, now. I had built up almost 4000 points, and didn't spend any until those showed up. I spent 1475 points just in the last couple of months, but that still leaves me with 2500 Just don't give up hope for some good rewards. You can get the tickets, now (if you haven't already redeemed them, as you can only do it once per ticket), and maybe they'll offer the gift card, again.
That movie money is good for any movie, right? I just want to make sure before I get it... it'd come in handy for movies that I want to see but don't want to have to shell out for, Phantom Menace in 3D comes immediately to mind.

The other reward that I wish they'd bring back is the WOW calibration disc, I've heard that it's still the best/most user friendly TV and sound system calibration disc available.
Old 11-04-11, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by obidawsn
Thanks for the suggestions. If I ever had time to go the movies (I still have an unused $10 AMC gift card I got over a year ago), that might work if all else fails, but for now I'd rather wait for the $20 Disney gift cards. Actually, I'm not sure what those gift cards work on... is it the Disney Store only or absolutely everything owned by Disney (such as Disneyland parks)? Since I'll be going to DL in the near future and need to buy some passes, this would be the most useful item. Like I said, it's too bad most of DMR's rewards choices are so poor when Disney as a whole has so much good stuff I'd like.

I actually saw the gift card listed online a month or two ago, but it was OOS (the state of most things I want). The last time I searched for it, it didn't even show up. And that WOW calibration disc would've been nice too. I guess if there's an official Disney Rewards offerings thread somewhere on the Internet to find out when the cool stuff shows up, I haven't found it yet. I never hear about the good rewards until they're already gone. Congrats on getting that $20 gift card... do you happen to remember if they allowed you to buy more than 1? If they do show up in the next couple months, I'd like to blow my entire points balance on them to pay for my DL passes.
Old 11-04-11, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The only good thing about this deal is the extra points you get. If you need the player, you can just buy it from Amazon for around the same price with free shipping. I was hoping for a good player. No optical is fine with me since that's what hdmi is for.

I'll just wait a few weeks when I can get another player at an actual discount during black friday.
Old 11-04-11, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by larrythefatcat
That movie money is good for any movie, right? I just want to make sure before I get it... it'd come in handy for movies that I want to see but don't want to have to shell out for, Phantom Menace in 3D comes immediately to mind.
The Movie Money is only good for Disney Releases.